Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off The Ball Official Thread <Mod Note - Post #1, #533, #6651>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

True, but that also suggests it wouldn't be out of the question that they would get much more than 100M for Pogba.

Anyone who buys Pogba for €100m needs medical attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone who buys Pogba for €100m needs medical attention.

I'd agree with you, but...
    Manchester United open talks over major transfer as club ready to sell star for £100m

Link

His agent is Mino Raiola who is notorious for moving players signed to him on from clubs.

I have no doubt Pogba will move this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Dermot Gileece

Pure class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Interview with Davy Russell today was excellent, he was very open and honest throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Dermot Gileece

I do enjoy listening to him talking about the old golfers, but Rory McIlroy must listen to him and wonder "this old man's fascination with me is a bit ridiculous".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Interview with Davy Russell today was excellent, he was very open and honest throughout.

Yes. Good interview. Russell comes across as very genuine and likeable as well as being a gentleman and a fantastic jockey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Dots1982 wrote: »
    I tire of Declan Lynch’s waffling on the paper review.
    Wrote some small piece in the Times today about the Liverpool match and it was the greatest load of cock ever. Just waffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Wrote some small piece in the Times today about the Liverpool match and it was the greatest load of cock ever. Just waffle.

In the sindo you mean? Presume he still writes for the Sindo and didn’t move to the Times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

All too predictable on the Tiger Woods stuff this morning. Forget the golf, he's a bad bad man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

All too predictable on the Tiger Woods stuff this morning. Forget the golf, he's a bad bad man.

Completely agree. Great achievement though!

Hopefully he doesn't bump into any fire hydrants anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Joe Molloy will be injecting all the Tiger Woods coverage this week straight into his veins.

Really? I've stopped listening in the morning because Gilroy is on it. I thought OTB would have presented the Tiger Woods as a good news story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Dots1982 wrote: »
    In the sindo you mean? Presume he still writes for the Sindo and didn’t move to the Times?
    Yeah whichever, so many newspapers yesterday I got confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭Acosta

Nathan should be on Talksport. Bantz overload

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Joe Molloy will be injecting all the Tiger Woods coverage this week straight into his veins.

Kilbane was giving him stick over it on the show yesterday already.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ivan Yeats had a pop at the righteous, pious OTB presenters there while he was talking to Joe Molloy about Woods.

It was kind of said in jest.

BPKS wrote: »
    Ivan Yeats had a pop at the righteous, pious OTB presenters there while he was talking to Joe Molloy about Woods.

Yates throws a lot of jokes with jags. I like this about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

BPKS wrote: »

They are depressingly pious for young men.
    I'm no fan you Ivan Yates but he has their number.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

They are depressingly pious for young men.
    I'm no fan you Ivan Yates but he has their number.

I could imagine Ger and Joe as great puritan crusaders back in the days of the reformation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Joe has to have a dig at Tiger's support of Trump not once but twice!

I tuned in this evening to hear the latest on John Delaney, and there's Joe lamenting about what a "very very flawed character" Tiger Woods was. Honestly, Tiger cheated on his wife, he didn't kill anybody - and whole cheating on the missus thing didn't seem to bother them half as much when they had Tony Cascarino at their live show last year.

Surely that show should have dominated by Joe Molloy berating Cascarino for cheating on his wife and Kevin Kilbane berating Cascarino for depriving real Irish players of Irish caps, no?

I tuned in this evening to hear the latest on John Delaney, and there's Joe lamenting about what a "very very flawed character" Tiger Woods was. Honestly, Tiger cheated on his wife, he didn't kill anybody - and whole cheating on the missus thing didn't seem to bother them half as much when they had Tony Cascarino at their live show last year.

Surely that show should have dominated by Joe Molloy berating Cascarino for cheating on his wife and Kevin Kilbane berating Cascarino for depriving real Irish players of Irish caps, no?

Fair enough point, but Tiger did a lot more than cheat on his wife. The DUI while under the influence of five different prescription drugs was just one more thing that sets him apart.

If you read the book written by the two NYT journalists about him from last year, it ties together all the ragged threads of his life together and it is hard not to reach the conclusion that he is a truly awful person, albeit a product of a truly screwed up upbringing.

Fair enough point, but Tiger did a lot more than cheat on his wife. The DUI while under the influence of five different prescription drugs was just one more thing that sets him apart.

If you read the book written by the two NYT journalists about him from last year, it ties together all the ragged threads of his life together and it is hard not to reach the conclusion that he is a truly awful person, albeit a product of a truly screwed up upbringing.

He is an incredibly talented golfer and probably one of the most mentally strong sports people ever when it comes to intense situations.

But he is also a d*ck. I was never a massive golf fan but like 98% of the population I paid closer attention during Majors. What flipped him for me from someone I enjoyed watching to someone I'd just shrug my shoulders about was him releasing that video with his dead fathers voice as he tried to launch his comeback. I just thought that showed a manipulative character entirely focused on his own desires. Like you said, maybe that is because of how he was raised.

Yet OTB have no issue having a pundit who crashed his car in the middle of the day (near a school) and legged it cos he was over the limit.

This is the problem with being as moralistic and self righteous as the OTB lads are - you need to be consistent.

Its the A La Carte judgemental nature of the boys that puts me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

They have regularly talked about the darker sides of Tigers character. They had Joe on OTB AM yesterday he spent the first part of the conversation talking about the book last year.

There's two sides to this the on course comeback story which is a great story, and his deplorable actions of the past off course.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Which pundit was involved in the car crash episode?

• Advertisement

amlinopta wrote: »
    Which pundit was involved in the car crash episode?

I was going to guess Cliona Foley.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement