Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It cleared up about 15mins after I posted which was enough time to munch down a banana and watch the activity at the bumble bee hive beside where I stopped. The really wet roads meant that my feet were soaked but it did warm up so I was happy enough doing another 80-or-so kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭cletus

Good stuff. It rained for another hour here after I got home.

It brightened up beautifully, but at that stage I was into the Sunday routine, and my window was gone.

Plus, I think I may have hurt my shoulder falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Was marshalling the vets yesterday morning, picture below of me sheltering waiting for them in Castledermot during one of the showers... A day for the hard men and women, so worked out well I was marshalling! Small groups, that got smaller for the second and third passes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Wet in Dublin this morning so lazily drove in, instead of usual 6km cycle.

Would never do it during the school term but during the summer it's quite a traffic free drive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Only time of year when driving is faster than cycling (not by a huge amount though) in Dublin, but the ability to find parking so long as you are not dead centre as well is nice. A lot of my co workers only drive during the summer, which is weird as it is the nicest time to cycle normally.

• Advertisement

Couldn't face the forecast headwind home, so on the dart today!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Doing a fair bit of commuting by bike atm,, would have been fine coming in, but as I'm off at 3, I'd be going home in the thick of it, so no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Pro-Tip. Get there earbly and volunteer for lead car. 😃

Was there early enough for that, but having done cars at several open races - no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I made that mistake this morning. Was no wind at all at 08:30am when I was leaving on my bike so thought to myself 'ah sure how much worse can it get?'

Apparently, very! 😅

Should be an interesting trip home...

• Advertisement

If yis are unaware of it, this is a handy site for seeing what the wind is like or will be (plus it is lovely and colourful today!)...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Yeah, was in the office nice and early. Left at 12:30 and got absolutely pissed on for 30mins. Should've wimped

I made it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Had a nice cross-tailwind on the way in this morning. Seems pretty calm in the city centre now... was going to just get the bus back, but...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I switched my wfh today. The times I'd have been commuting would've been absolutely fine. The bit in-between not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Yeah it was grand in the end. Funny what a difference a few hours can make.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Think I'll be late for work tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Wimped out cos it's still quite wet, and now no buses before 10am!😫

drove in, very blustery out there in north Dublin city.

Saw a few cyclists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

yeah left the bike in the shed this morning and worked from home. Don't love my job enough to risk my life getting in

I was due to work from home today anyhow but with a power cut happening a short while ago, should I head out and try get a few PBs?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭alentejo

Wind on my back all the way from Terenure to city centre. Cycled in worse!

Hopefully wind will die down this afternoon as I expect quite a headwind!

Master of the Universe

I was going the opposite way from the city centre to D4 so it wasn't quite the easy cycle 😁

Left the house at 9:20am and most of the absolute madness had calmed down but it did get a little crazy along the quays. (particularly crossing over the Liffey)

On the plus side I only saw one other cyclist on the whole route so had the lanes to myself which was lovely.

Was contemplating waiting an hour and getting a bus home as it was raining heavy on the train. Thankfully got off and the rain had seemed to stop. Got in the door at home and the heavens opened as soon as I closed the door. SO heavy you couldn't see a metre past the front door.

On the wimp list/ dart this morning, after coming off on black ice the last frosty commute day. Seemed ok off the mountains, but heard of a few fallers over the weekend on the coast road, so wasn't inclined to chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Saw two bikes go down this morning glad mine is in the shed!

Master of the Universe

Eeek, where abouts was that?

I didn't notice any ice on the road this morning myself, seemed a bit warmer out than I was expecting. (if anything it feels a bit colder now than it did at 8am)

yeah, seemed quite mild this morning with no ice in Dublin north city.

• Advertisement

Well up higher, we had a nice shower of rain that fell on the frost/ ice. Drive way was lethal enough to confirm my call! Seems dryer in the city centre though (but does feel colder now than the way in!).

Advertisement