Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sensation XE with Beats headphones with 02

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

When I connected to the computer today it said there was no driver for "Android phone" despite being fine installing the HTC one, anyone had the same problem and is there a driver to download?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Your number was ported over! I was hoping that wouldn't happen until the phone arrives! I'm gone away to Germany for the weekend and won't be home between this and then! Did everybody else get ported over when phone was dispatched? Or did ye have to ring up after? they never got proof of Id or anything off me so I could be just stealing some randomers number! hopefully that'll stall the porting!
    I was already with o2 prepay if that makes a difference. But it is strange that I had no contact with o2 about the order, no confirmation, no nothing, until the email came to say that I had been transferred to bill pay:confused: Can't wait to get my hands on the new phone, have always gotten bottom of the range phones in the past so it will be nice to have something a bit more modern! And as I said before for the €120 extra it will cost me over 6 months, it is a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

anyone who had to fax documents get any further than processing?

ill only be able to fax tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Tea_Bag wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...2#post80823432

I was asking Michelle (I think that was her name here) and have her my details of the order and she seemed to think that I would be able to email them. I never had to do it in the end so can't confirm that you can but i'd say post on my thread and then she'll ask you to PM her. Don't think you are supposed to PM without being asked to as far as I remember so they may not answer if you just PM without posting somewhere.

thanks. your link is broken for me though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭limerickhurl

This is gone? Sickened, it was a great deal. Every time I went to buy one, I got the 'out of stock' message'

The six month contract was the big one for me

thanks. your link is broken for me though :(
    found it duh. thanks!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yes, i did fax that stuff on tuesday.
    Nothing happening in my order tracker since so i decided to give them a call.

Apparently my proof of ID was of such bad quality when faxed, they couldnt read it.
    Also i sent them, as requested, a statement of my credit card.
    Which was "the wrong" card i got to hear.

So i just emailed everything again, including a statement of my current account from which the €40 a month should come.

To say i am a little bit pissed that i had to call myself to find out my sent docs were not OK is an understatement

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Mine was shipped today, got the tracking number. Happy times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Mine was shipped today, got the tracking number. Happy times :D

Nice one! What day did you order again? I'm on stage 3 now today:
    Received-Your order has been received by our warehouse. You will receive an email to confirm when your order has been accepted.

Think the confirmation and shipping details will be sent tomorrow.Was hoping for tonight!Were they done in the same day for you by any chance?

• Advertisement

Received-Your order has been received by our warehouse. You will receive an email to confirm when your order has been accepted.

Think the confirmation and shipping details will be sent tomorrow.Was hoping for tonight!Were they done in the same day for you by any chance?

mine was the day after, I got a shipping email at 17.45 last night and got the phone in the post today. Ordered on Friday and got confirmation on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ordered Friday morning.

I'm getting a new number so no porting me to a new number!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Balloonboy wrote: »
    If you use an app called "Cabbage" and "Viber" you can also increase this to 1, 083 units by using your webtexts (vodafone have blocked this app in favour of launching their own "Charged" app in the future as are O2)

Vodafone has not blocked cabbage. It just requires an update to get around the added captcha security layer they added into their website.

As for the phone, great spot OP. Makes me wish I had the funds to spend.

My phone is in some depot in Limerick:( so it is not going to be here today. Back in college on Monday so don't know when I'll be able to pick it up:( Has anyone who has changed to bill-pay had any issues? I can't send or receive text messages and any number that calls me comes in as private number since the changeover yesterday. I rang o2 last night and she reckoned she had sorted it but it is still the same.

My phone dispatched! Thanks OP great spot! Sometimes I wonder how people spot these bargains! Happy out!

Vodafone has not blocked cabbage. It just requires an update to get around the added captcha security layer they added into their website.

As for the phone, great spot OP. Makes me wish I had the funds to spend.
    could you elaborate?

The phone is my possession :D

Really nice looking phone and I'm just installing ICS now.

Hopefully all of you who were lucky enough to place an order get your phones.

Great spot OP :)

inforfun wrote: »
    Yes, i did fax that stuff on tuesday.
    Nothing happening in my order tracker since so i decided to give them a call.

Apparently my proof of ID was of such bad quality when faxed, they couldnt read it.
    Also i sent them, as requested, a statement of my credit card.
    Which was "the wrong" card i got to hear.

So i just emailed everything again, including a statement of my current account from which the €40 a month should come.

To say i am a little bit pissed that i had to call myself to find out my sent docs were not OK is an understatement

Ah look at that, i just received a 5 word email.

"your order has been cancelled"

Will not post my thoughts here because it would be filtered to only ********'s

That's a huge letdown after all of that :( I wonder why some people were asked to fax those documents and others not?

I can see a reason for that.
    They can sent a "free" phone without confirmed bank details.
    I mean, i could make up some bank details, receive the phone and they would never see their monthly €40.

But i cant help myself from thinking there is something fishy going on. That these phones are certainly not sent first order in, first out.

Take in mind i had 5 working days to come up with these statements, yet they cancel it within 4 working days after requesting those, even after me sending these files by fax and email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

could you elaborate?

Well a while back Vodafone added the captcha (a randomly generated picture with words / numbers) that the user had to enter when they went on to the website the first time. This literally broke cabbage and everyone was in an uproar over it.

But since cabbage is an Irish app and the maker of said app is a boards member he was on the issue like lightning adding a work around which has now been released with the latest version of cabbage (Version 1.77 on the free can't remember if it's the same for the paid version but I presume it is)

With the latest release of cabbage when you go to send a text message you get the captcha on your phone screen which you then enter (sometimes you have to enter it twice) and your message sends no bother just like it did before.

There is another third party webtext app (can't remember the name) who said they would not be fixing the problem, so that one is rendered useless because they fail to create a workaround, unlike cabbage.

EDIT: Link to Sam Vines (creator of cabbage or whatever you would call him) megathread about cabbage: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165333

You putting them under any pressure? You held up your end of the deal and both my college and passport photocopies came out pretty badly in the fax and it worked for me. I only sent them a mini bank statement too. They defo don't want someone out there spreading bad word of mouth about O2 so I'd email them and see what you can get out of them.

Yes, i did contact O2 here and they sent it to customer support.
    They will contact me within 24 hours but could be monday because of the weekend.

Will not do any good for this particular phone i suppose because it is sold out. If they even had any reserved for me, it is now gone to someone else.

Will see what they come back with.

Just discovered that the credit that I had left on prepay has been credited to my billpay account which was a nice surprise:)
    My phone has moved from Dublin-Ennis-Limerick-Portlaoise since Thursday evening. Am hoping that it will make its way down to Cork soon...

Do o2 have an automatic unlock code similar to vodafones one? or do you have to conact them?

Was away for weekend so just turned it on now... screen a lot bigger than my zte blade is the firs thing I've noticed!

EDIT: also just to confirm when I get the phone is there anything i need to sign and send back or anything like that? Never had to give any proof of bank details or ID or anything so far. Only got a quick look at the packaging last night so could have missed some form or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Sorry for bumping this old thread but anyone here who ordered on the 19th or after that get past the 'Recieved' status on tracking? Mine has been like that since the 20th and hasnt shipped yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

donmeister wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping this old thread but anyone here who ordered on the 19th or after that get past the 'Recieved' status on tracking? Mine has been like that since the 20th and hasnt shipped yet :(
    Kaiser2000 asked the same question here, and was told the status should change today.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

donmeister wrote: »

ye mines been recieving since the 20th and still hasnt moved past that stage . I got onto someone in o2 and they said it was more than likely bc of the wkkened and it should move past that stage today but its now half 12 and noooooo movement . Its getting rediculous at this stage i ordered this phone on the 14th thats 10 days ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

Mine changed this morning from Received to Processing (Prepared for delivery)

• Advertisement

where do I go to find the status of my order?

I emailed in my ID and bank statement on Friday.

Advertisement