Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sensation XE with Beats headphones with 02

Options
  • 14-09-2012 12:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hi all the HTC Sensation XE with Beats Headphones is available on a six month contract with 02 at 40 euro a month for free :eek:

It is 1.5 ghz dual core processor, 1gb of ram, 8MP dual flash camera with 1080p video recording with a 4.3 inch screen. Its an awesome phone and cant believe it is going this cheap. Ice cream sandwich is also on it. I have this phone and its class!

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-sensation-xe-1038353/review

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Am I viewing this correctly? Free HTC Sensation Xe with Beats €40 for 6 months= €240 , with 350mb internet, 250 minutes and 250 texts?

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/htc-sensation-xe-with-beatsaudio-special-offer/159/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

donmeister wrote: »
    Am I viewing this correctly? Free HTC Sensation Xe with Beats €40 for 6 months= €240 , with 350mb internet, 250 minutes and 250 texts?

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/htc-sensation-xe-with-beatsaudio-special-offer/159/

Yes Click on the red button " Buy Now "
    Then Click six months on page that loads
    Then click 40 euro a month

Pretty Cheap!

Edited: Oops though you couldnt see the offer, but yea you are reading it correctly ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Do headphones come with it or is it just beats audio?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Order wouldn't go through for me, got generic "can't process" message.

Scratch that, its working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ordered it anyway, didn't even get a generic email from O2 though which makes me think there may be a problem...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just ordered one now too! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

In for a penny ... :)

Cheers OP !

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

Cheers op. Potential €30 back from fatcheese too don't forget! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

too good to be true???? hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

it applies the data into the package described by OP but if you look at the more detail section it has the following:
    Data: Additional usage is €5.08 per 350MB, you pay for what you use, e.g. €2.54 if you use 175MB

which I think means if you don't use any data at all, you save another €5.08

so that makes €40 for 6 months= €240 - €30 (Approx) = €210.. very good deal indeed.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was nearly finished putting through my order when I saw about going through fatcheese and started again....it was out of stock then:( Good luck to those who successfully put an order through.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Just a word of warning to any one to is thinking of buying one... They tend to overheat and can be quite problematic. I look after the mobiles for my company and we have around 10 of them and 8 of them have overheated or had other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

ahh, same - out of stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

from looking at that its beatsaudio. no beats headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Yep, out of stock, sure wait for new stock then!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Liam O wrote: »
    Do headphones come with it or is it just beats audio?
    from looking at that its beatsaudio. no beats headphones

Yes beats headphones come with it, have a look at the tab that says in the box
    Nexus wrote: »
    Just a word of warning to any one to is thinking of buying one... They tend to overheat and can be quite problematic. I look after the mobiles for my company and we have around 10 of them and 8 of them have overheated or had other issues.

Mine overheats a small bit sometimes but never had a big problem with it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Back in stock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is it worth ditching my 3GS for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Is it possible to get this deal in store or does it only apply to Online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Balloonboy

I have one, and this is too good to be true...

350mb is nothing, most people will go through in 15days..

TBH you are better signing into a proper plan with Data.

I have this phone with Three, and if you can persevere them, it is a very very good deal on an 18month contract, unlimited data as well as 750 flexi units (Their equivelent of Calls and SMS minutes).

If you use an app called "Cabbage" and "Viber" you can also increase this to 1, 083 units by using your webtexts (vodafone have blocked this app in favour of launching their own "Charged" app in the future as are O2)

Also, I do not prefer the Three network at all, but if you go with them, due to the network merger with Vodafone, you will have 4G capability with this phone on the 30.09.12 when your TV goes digital.. (Three and Vodafone are the only networks that have licensed this arrangement yet)

Like I said, if you only use your phone for talking, the O2 deal is perfect! But if you use your phone for connecting to Data then I would suggest Three is the option for you...

B

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I've just bought one. Already have a Desire on PAYG with 02. I'll pay the bill but just keep using my old number as I've lots of credit built up and fairly decent plan with them that I've no intention on changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

€240 is a good enough price for the phone on its own, isn't it? I am currently on pre pay and spend €20 p/m on credit. My current phone is too small (sony xperia mini) and not great at holding a signal. I reckon for the extra €120 this is going to cost me over 6 months, Its a great deal. Reviews seem positve and I only really use internet on wifi at home on my phones so the 350mb limit doesn't bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

do i need this ?
    i have an iphone 4 and will upgrade to iphone 5 soon
    but i just cant resist...a...bargain...
    these phones are selling for on adverts on average €300

the headphones are worth €80 on their own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Balloonboy wrote: »
    Also, I do not prefer the Three network at all, but if you go with them, due to the network merger with Vodafone, you will have 4G capability with this phone on the 30.09.12 when your TV goes digital.. (Three and Vodafone are the only networks that have licensed this arrangement yet)

Are you sure about this?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

jenno86 wrote: »
    Are you sure about this?!

I would also be very interested on hearing this - thinking of signing with three but worried about having an 18month contract with bad data - when TV goes digital, does this mean they will be 4g and will have excellent data?

Tigershould...

Yes you do need this, if you buy an iPhone5 your will regret it ;(

Seriously, you cant do anything with that, and apple are gearing towards mving to a similar android operating system in the future...

If I were you, personally (you dont have to take my advise, but it's just a friendly heads up), I would not go near an iPhone and would consider this particular handset without a shadow of a doubt!!

As previous comments mentioned, they do tend to overheat, however, that is only if you are using several connection methods at the same time eg: Bluetooth, wifi or 3G on all at the same time whilst using sat nav etc... Then they will overheat and this is a known issue.

If you choose not to get this phone, I would consider waiting for the new Nokia Lumia which is just about to be launched... The 800series is a load of crap, but the latest deal that Microsoft have made with nokia will blow the hell out of the mobile phone market as we know it!!

Also, as Google have bought Motorolla, it may be an option to bide your time and wait until Motorolla/google launch their new handsets, these ne Motorolla phones are going to be incredible also....

Perhaps bide your time with your purchases, and wait until you can see what is available in the coming months! You can be sure that all of the manufacturers will be rushing to launch before xmas for sales, so keeping an eye on the market might be a good idea

Hope this helps :):)

B

Jenno... 100% sure...

Christ on a bike...

Yes, this is going ahead, the paper work between Three and Vodafone is already completed, and Three already have a very good infastructure at the moment, however, they are poor with regards to their customer care..

If you never need to call customer care for anything other than the usual information (pin, puk, number blocking, bill ceck etc), then you have a good deal already... Any more technical or issues and they most likely will not understand you, or fob you off because they dont want to deal with you..

When Vodafone and Three launch 4G you will only have two networks on this, meaning that the contention ratio will only be within the two networks

(if you think about it now, you have Three, Vodafone, Meteor, O2, Tesco, goconquer, postphone etc etc all running off the same 3G network)

So if you have less networks sharing the 4G network your phone will zip along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What it got to do with digital TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Why, oh why they supply it with so thin earphone cable??? I will destroy it in a moment!! Is it really so expensive to use 1mm diameter cable as it was years ago??

htc-sensation-xe-with-beats-audio.jpg

Advertisement