Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Talking Rugby Podcast superthread 2012/13, by the fans for the fans!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

LINK: http://theworldstalking.com/2013/02/14/talking-rugby-episode-68-if-i-was-ceo/
    This week Talking Rugby Podcast looks back on the second weekend of the Six Nations, with a disappointing Irish loss dominating the discussion. France are still in the doldrums after losing at home to Wales while Scotland scored a couple of tries to dispatch Italy. We also talk RaboDirectPRO12 and our Kiwi pundit Matt previews this year's Super Rugby tournament.

Dave O'Grady is joined by Alan, William and Matt while Doc joins to talk Rabo.

COMING UP ON THE SHOW:
    1:30 - Ireland 6-12 England
    23:30 - France 6-16 Wales
    29:05 - Scotland 34-10 Italy
    35:15 - Our weekly Lions chat along with our superbru pool update!
    39:30 - Matt looks ahead to the 2013 edition of Super Rugby, the premier club rugby competition of the Southern Hemisphere.
    54:10 - RaboDirectPRO12 Talk

The Bet of the Week will be confirmed on twitter and facebook on Friday!

If you would like to advertise, sponsor or simply get involved with the show, drop us an email to TheWorldsTalking@gmail.com.

To make tuning in again easier for you:
    1. We’re available on the iTunes Store directory, type in “Talking Rugby” into the search bar and you’ll find the show and be able to subscribe.
    2. You can also subscribe via our RSS feed http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
    3. You can find old episodes here: http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/
    4. We are also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Worlds-Talking/191923120895223
    5. And Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Who is who on boards?

Grimebox wrote: »
    Who is who on boards?

secret :p

Bet of the Week is Toulon -10, available with bwin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Who is who on boards?

That fellow William is very good.......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭DeDoc

jacothelad wrote: »
    That fellow William is very good.......;)

Is he the one that is always praising himself? Or is that the other insightful fellow........what is his name? Doc? :D

Bet of the Week is Toulon -10, available with bwin.

51-6 :)

Any comments on last week's show or questions for this week's one?

Any particular angles on any of the Six Nations games?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'd imagine one particular squad announcement might find its way to the top of the request charts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Re Ireland game:

Given kicking to a decent Scottish back 3 mightn't be the best tactic (this will obviously not stop us from doing it) and that Scotland may well employ a blitz defence as it is so effective against us how should Ireland approach this game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Which OH do you think Scotland would like to play against?

Extra points for weasling your way out of answering the question

Aside from that, fantastic show keep up the good work

Re Ireland game:

Given kicking to a decent Scottish back 3 mightn't be the best tactic (this will obviously not stop us from doing it) and that Scotland may well employ a blitz defence as it is so effective against us how should Ireland approach this game?

Ooh a technical question :p

Thanks capt!
    Which OH do you think Scotland would like to play against?

Extra points for weasling your way out of answering the question

Aside from that, fantastic show keep up the good work

As if we'd try to avoid the pertinent subject of the week! :D

Thanks for the appreciation! It keeps us going in these dark days... :cool:

Keep posting the questions, the more the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

A quick mention on winners/losers from a Lions perspective on the tournament so far?

A quick mention on winners/losers from a Lions perspective on the tournament so far?

We're doing this after each Six Nations weekend, we'll round it up at the end of the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

What do we do for France after this #10 debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Coleridge

Why do we struggle so much against France given their defeats to teams we would expect to beat ?

Is it our style suits theirs? Is our attitude wrong? Are they just better? Do they raise their game against us and if so, why not against others?

Perhaps one for next week as I imagine you will concentrate more on Scotland this week.

LINK :http://theworldstalking.com/2013/02/21/talking-rugby-episode-69-vile-troglodytes-have-their-say/

If you only have time to listen to a few minutes, listen to William's reaction to the TV rights deal. Skip to 72 minutes to hear it.

The rest of the show isn't too bad either! :pac:
    This week's edition of Talking Rugby Podcast talks Six Nations, RaboDirectPRO12, Top14 and a controversial new TV rights deal for the Irish autumn internationals.

Alan takes the host's seat this week as Dave O'Grady gets rested from duty. He is joined by Doc, William and Daithi.

COMING UP ON THE SHOW:

RABODIRECT PRO12
    1:30 - Connacht and their new signing Craig Clarke
    7:10 - Ulster and the league's fixture scheduling
    15:45 - Leinster and some transfer rumours
    19:55 - Munster making it difficult for themselves in the league
    24:45 - Dragons 3-60 Glasgow Warriors, along with some choice words from former Dragons coach Paul Turner

TOP14
    31:10 - Daithi reviews the latest games in the Top14, including a shock win for Perpignan at Toulouse. We also look at the current league standings.

SIX NATIONS ROUND 3 PREVIEW
    Note: This was recorded on Tuesday night, we didn't have the Ireland team to hand but we did have the rumours!
    38:55 - Scotland vs Ireland (the media, the selections, the predictions!)
    57:00 - England vs France
    65:50 - Italy vs Wales

AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS TV COVERAGE
    72:00 - William delivers a stirring reaction to the new TV rights deal signed between RTE and Sky Sports for the Ireland autumn international series from 2014. This news has provoked an angry response from Irish supporters.

The Bet of the Week will be confirmed on twitter and facebook on Friday!

If you would like to advertise, sponsor or simply get involved with the show, drop us an email to TheWorldsTalking@gmail.com.
    To make tuning in again easier for you:
    1. We’re available on the iTunes Store directory, type in “Talking Rugby” into the search bar and you’ll find the show and be able to subscribe.
    2. You can also subscribe via our RSS feed http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
    3. You can find old episodes here: http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/
    4. We are also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Worlds-Talking/191923120895223
    5. And Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin

Thanks for listening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Fck me William thats the first time I've ever nearly come to tears in a rugby related instance.

Possibly one of the best pieces of punditry I've ever heard.

Fck me William thats the first time I've ever nearly come to tears in a rugby related instance.

Possibly one of the best pieces of punditry I've ever heard.

Thanks, it really came from the heart. Sadly, I don't think the bean counters of the IRFU give a hoot what anyone thinks or the fact that there are such things as ethics, even where money is concerned.

• Administrators Posts: 53,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Well said sir! :)

You must be the oul hand of this forum though. :pac:

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Well said sir! :)

You must be the oul hand of this forum though. :pac:

Young in spirit though.:D:D:D Mostly Black Bush or Powers

Great show this week, we need to get William's piece on the TV rights onto Youtube, that could easily go viral and shame the IRFU/NI government/whoever into doing something positive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Pretty sure that covers what many in NI have been feeling towards our representation by IRFU during many years.

Lads a question for next weeks show if I can be so bold:

Re the Parisse ban, is it right to just take the referees word in contentious cases like this? Would using video/audio evidence in the hearings be a fairer way of doing things or is it the start of a slippery slope where the referees authority gets eroded and we end up with a football like scenario where players routinely surround the referee and shout at him when decisions don't go their way?

P_1 wrote: »

Re the Parisse ban, is it right to just take the referees word in contentious cases like this? Would using video/audio evidence in the hearings be a fairer way of doing things or is it the start of a slippery slope where the referees authority gets eroded and we end up with a football like scenario where players routinely surround the referee and shout at him when decisions don't go their way?

I think we have to trust the integrity of our ref's on matters like this. It's an unusual occurrence after all at the very highest level at any rate. If someone accused me of being no better than Wayne Barnes or Blind Dave Pearson I'd report him for abuse also.

jacothelad wrote: »
    I think we have to trust the integrity of our ref's on matters like this. It's an unusual occurrence after all at the very highest level at any rate. If someone accused me of being no better than Wayne Barnes or Blind Dave Pearson I'd report him for abuse also.

Yeah fair point, its a very strange occurrence to say the least. I don't think we really have any other similar incidents to compare it with do we?

If there is nothing else available, and it comes to a ref v a player, we have to side with the referee.

Obviously all other options should be exhausted firstly.

Great show this week, we need to get William's piece on the TV rights onto Youtube, that could easily go viral and shame the IRFU/NI government/whoever into doing something positive

I will sort it tomorrow (youtube).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Great show , very moving piece by William well done , hope it opens the eyes and ears of some of the bean counters.

• Advertisement

Bet of the Week is Glasgow -4.

Advertisement