Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Talking Rugby Podcast superthread 2012/13, by the fans for the fans!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

4PP I thought you were supposed to give your theories on why Leinster fans should be disappointed after last weekend? Heard you rehashing the point, but not really delving into why.

As I've already said, Leinster had a huge amount of injuries, have not started the season well, generally don't show too much in this game and Munster were coming up with a lot of confidence.

When you look at the two benches, it was always going to happen that Munster would come back at the end. Don't really see the point you're trying to make.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭4PP

4PP I thought you were supposed to give your theories on why Leinster fans should be disappointed after last weekend? Heard you rehashing the point, but not really delving into why.

As I've already said, Leinster had a huge amount of injuries, have not started the season well, generally don't show too much in this game and Munster were coming up with a lot of confidence.

When you look at the two benches, it was always going to happen that Munster would come back at the end. Don't really see the point you're trying to make.

Well sure thats grand jamiedav2011, what you thought is one thing, what happened, another.
    No harm there. If you can't see the point you can always try SpecSavers.
    Tbh I really can't see why you labour the point to such an extent in view of the remarks I made on the podcast/here but then aren't we all different thanks be to God.
    Maybe you should give it another listen? Other participants had a lot more to say on that game. Frog rugby would be more my speciality.

In anycase I'll say no more. I'll end with being accused of back seat mollycoddling or what have you.

This ain't TBP ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

4PP wrote: »
    Well sure thats grand jamiedav2011, what you thought is one thing, what happened, another.
    No harm there. If you can't see the point you can always try SpecSavers.
    Tbh I really can't see why you labour the point to such an extent in view of the remarks I made on the podcast/here but then aren't we all different thanks be to God.
    Maybe you should give it another listen? Other participants had a lot more to say on that game. Frog rugby would be more my speciality.

In anycase I'll say no more. I'll end with being accused of back seat mollycoddling or what have you.

This ain't TBP ;).

Well I'm all for different opinions, however you haven't backed yours up. Yes, you made the remarks again, but again, didn't give rhyme or reason as to why you felt that way. I can certainly see that Frog rugby is your chosen topic, because, again, your theory on last week's Feva in the Aviva is misguided.

By the way, that's the third jibe you've made against me now without showing any of your patented rugby knowledge. Easy thing to do eh?!

Good Lord you're tenacious aren't you.

If you listen to the show there are plenty of explanations/reasoning/opinions on the M v L derby & other games. If each contributor was to go "in depth" on each game we'd be there all night & most of the next day!.

I gave my opinion as a neutral & I stick to it. Thats the impression I got from watching the game, end of. No conspiracy theories, no insults or put downs, just an opinion.

If you don't agree well thats fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Okay both of you - drop it or take it to PM.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Okay both of you - drop it or take it to PM.

I quite agree, on the plus side it does keep the thread/podcast on the front page so to speak :D

Ill wind & what have you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Bet of the week rocked in nice one DOC , slightly nervous at half time but Connor must have had a few quite words .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

duckysauce wrote: »
    Bet of the week rocked in nice one DOC , slightly nervous at half time but Connor must have had a few quite words .

All of our shortlist came in, not a bad weekend at all!

We recorded ep 53 last night, should be up by tonight.

LINK: http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/entry/2012-10-17T13_12_14-07_00

I hosted this week's show along with doc and jacothelad. Apologies for my crappy sound!
    Dave has the week off so Alan (broadcasting from that cave again!) hosts this week's show and is joined by show regulars Doc and William.

We look back on the first week of Heineken Cup fixtures and look ahead to the second round. We also discuss Bryce Lawrence and the recent French squad announcement.

COMING UP ON THE SHOW:
    0:00 - The team say hi!
    HEINEKEN CUP REVIEW + PREVIEW
    1:35 - Pool 1
    (Munster, Racing Métro, Saracens, Edinburgh)
    19:50 - Pool 2
    (Ospreys, Treviso, Toulouse, Leicester)
    31:20 - Pool 3
    (Connacht, Harlequins, Biarritz, Zebre)
    41:45 - Pool 4
    (Northampton, Glasgow, Ulster, Castres)
    51:00 - Pool 5
    (Clermont, Leinster, Scarlets, Exeter)
    1:06:10 - Pool 6
    (Cardiff, Toulon, Sale Sharks, Montpellier)
    OTHER STUFF
    1:10:30 - Bryce Lawrence has resigned as a rugby referee and has pointed the finger at 'political' pressure.
    1:14:35 - Quick thoughts on the new French squad.
    1:18:35 - Bet of the Week shortlist.

Our Bet of the Week will be confirmed on facebook and twitter later in the week, details of those accounts are below.

Talking Rugby is by the fans, for the fans. If you would like to advertise, sponsor or simply get involved with the show, drop us an email to TheWorldsTalking@gmail.com.
    To make tuning in again easier for you:
    1. We’re available on the iTunes Store directory, type in “Talking Rugby” into the search bar and you’ll find the show and be able to subscribe.
    2. You can also subscribe via our RSS feed http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
    You can find old episodes here: http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/
    We are also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Worlds-Talking/191923120895223
    And Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin

Enjoy!
    The Talking Rugby Team

listened earlier another good show thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Agree with the point about fans having preconceptions about a player and that player is written off no matter what he does, Fionn Carr springs to mind (although people are probably right about him to be fair).

Doc rocked in again

I think you should get in touch with Newstalk and have a bet of the week competition with GT, he likes a bet, the lads would be well on for it I would say, and a good bit of crack, and would promote the classy show big time.

Doc rocked in again

It's a joint decision. ;):pac:

3/5 for the season now! I think giving a shortlist during the recording and then waiting till Friday to finally decide the 'official' BOTW works best. Too much information assymetry before Friday! :D
    I think you should get in touch with Newstalk and have a bet of the week competition with GT, he likes a bet, the lads would be well on for it I would say, and a good bit of crack, and would promote the classy show big time.

That would be cool alright.

Show coming tomorrow night, Heineken Cup review the main focus.

Any more thoughts on last week's show?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Discuss the Lions index! Maybe even a quick shout about where you disagree with it... or even where you agree with it!

Discuss the Lions index! Maybe even a quick shout about where you disagree with it... or even where you agree with it!

oh god, that joke of a thing. It'll get a mention I'm sure. :o

parody it please.

Perhaps mention ROG's 20 minutes against Racing as giving him an average of 8.5. Which can't disimprove throughout the competition, a la Davies..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

oh god, that joke of a thing. It'll get a mention I'm sure. :o

Swifty, Flavin, Marimon, Griffin, McSharry and TOH all on plane to OZ by looks of the Sky Sports Index :P

the general quality of the refs at the moment , inconsistent and some of them look lost.

the general quality of the refs at the moment , inconsistent and some of them look lost.

Super ref coach Dave Pearson will sort them out I'm sure.

I might get the lads' thoughts on the pricing issue I brought up on the Munster thread, plus the pricing idea proposed by bucs.

• Advertisement

Show done, we didn't get into the Lions Index but we did give our 2c on the merit of the likes of Strauss playing for Ireland.

I'd say we'll give it a mention when it rears its ugly head in Rounds 3&4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

54 on the D/L now. Thanks.

talking-rugby-300x213.jpg

LINK: http://theworldstalking.com/2012/10/24/talking-rugby-episode-54-shambolic-and-nauseating/
    Dave is back to host Talking Rugby this week and is joined by Alan, Pádraig, Michael and Doc. We talk Heineken Cup, RaboDirectPRO12, the imminent Irish squad announcement and a gripe about Munster tickets!

COMING UP ON THE SHOW:
    0:00 – The team say hi!

HEINEKEN CUP
    2:45 – Pool 1
    Munster 33-0 Edinburgh
    Saracens 30-13 Racing Métro

15:40 – Pool 2
    Treviso 21-33 Toulouse
    Leicester 39-22 Ospreys

20:50 – Pool 3
    Connacht 22-30 Harlequins
    Biarritz 38-17 Zebre

25:10 – Pool 4
    Glasgow 9-18 Ulster
    Castres 21-16 Northampton

30:20 – Pool 5
    Scarlets 13-20 Leinster
    Exeter 12-46 Clermont Auvergne

37:10 – Pool 6
    Cardiff 14-22 Toulon
    Montpellier 33-18 Sale Sharks

OTHER STUFF
    43:20 – RaboDirectPRO12 previews!
    49:45 – We discuss the Irish squad selection (which will be announced after this show is released) for the Autumn Internationals.
    58:45 – The merit of project players being brought over by IRFU and subsequently playing for Ireland.
    1:08:40 – The Welsh region vs country row has reared its head again, with the Welsh regions rejecting a proposed central contract system by the WRU.
    1:14:35 – Alan has an issue with Munster ticket bundles!
    1:23:00 – Bet of the Week shortlist. (Rabo prices not available at time of recording)

Our Bet of the Week will be confirmed on facebook and twitter later in the week, details of those accounts are below.

Talking Rugby is by the fans, for the fans. If you would like to advertise, sponsor or simply get involved with the show, drop us an email to TheWorldsTalking@gmail.com.

——————————————————————

1. We’re available on the iTunes Store directory, type in “Talking Rugby” into the search bar and you’ll find the show and be able to subscribe.
    2. You can also subscribe via our RSS feed http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
    3. You can find old episodes here: http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/
    4. We are also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Worlds-Talking/191923120895223
    5. And Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin

another good show cheers

If anyone asks I'll deny ever saying a word to ye but just between ourselves, Episode 55 is being recorded as I type!.

Some "new" voices too, interesting stuff it has to be said.

Remember, "mums the word" ;)

Watch this space :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Leaker!

Leaker!

Shush will ya :eek:, you'll be drawing attention for Gods sake!!!!!! :p

That's a paddlin' 4PP

That's a paddlin' 4PP

Rumbled :confused:

Can I just go to bed without supper instead of the paddlin'?? :(

I'll do that so :o

Nighty night ;)

• Advertisement

Talking Rugby Episode 55 – We Reach New Heights!

http://theworldstalking.com/2012/10/...h-new-heights/
    ———————————————————————————————-
    We reach new heights on Talking Rugby this week with the first ever Connacht representative on the show. We also break a record for the most positive words ever spoken about Connacht!
    Dave is joined this week by Connacht fan and PRO of Connemara RFC, John O’Sullivan, Ulster fan, Dr Thomas McCabe and the usual suspects of Leinster fan Doc and our man in France, Daithi.
    We look back at the Rabo clashes, while debating over Declan Kidney’s Ireland selections for the Autumn Internationals. We also get an insight into the Aviva Premiership and Top 14 action.
    Coming up:talking-rugby-300x213.jpg
    - The team says hi!
    - RaboDirect Pro12 Results and Upcoming Fixtures.
    - Aviva Premiership Action.
    - Top 14 Rugby with Daithi.
    - Irish squad for the Autumn Internationals?
    - Any other business?
    - Potential Bet of the Week.
    Talking Rugby is by the fans, for the fans.
    If you would like to advertise, sponsor or simply get involved with the show, drop us an email to TheWorldsTalking@gmail.com.
    ——————————————————————
    3. You can find old episodes here: http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/
    4. We are also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Worlds-Talking/191923120895223
    5. And Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin

Advertisement