Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in the French Alps

Options

Comments

Yeah.. think I'll wait until it's posted in a more reliable news source than the mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

That doesn't necessarily make sense though - why did they beat her around the head, unless it's possible that they ran out of bullets by that time?
    Been discussed a good bit. Reckoned they didn't want to kill her, just knock her out/immobilise her. But then, why kill the cyclist though?
    And now I realized that I'm talking about why an 8 year old child wasn't shot in the head. I need a cup of tea ..
    Heh, I know - f'ucked up world... :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Sweeden has a huge Iraqi immigrant population, so I guess this woman will turn out to be simply related to the family. No big surprise the 4 year old couldn't say who the older woman was, she's four and in shock.

Good news, finally!

The 7 year old girl has been brought out of coma and will be questioned when she's able.
    The seven-year-old British girl who survived a gun attack in the French Alps last week that saw her father and mother shot dead in their car is out of a coma and will be questioned by police as soon as she is able.

Source: RTE news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

looking at the news last night they seemed to have a lot of firearm police in and around the house and also i noticed a few major incident fire vans and personal there as well would this be normal in a search of a house,it just seems over the top unless they are looking for something in particular.
    This case seems to be throwing up more questions than answers at the moment.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭bilston

harr wrote: »
    looking at the news last night they seemed to have a lot of firearm police in and around the house and also i noticed a few major incident fire vans and personal there as well would this be normal in a search of a house,it just seems over the top unless they are looking for something in particular.
    This case seems to be throwing up more questions than answers at the moment.:confused:

The surrounding area has been evacuated in the last few minutes due to items of concern having been found in the house...the plot thickens...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

bilston wrote: »

The surrounding area has been evacuated in the last few minutes due to items of concern having been found in the house...the plot thickens...

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

there's a lot more to this guy, than we or his neighbours would imagine.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

Sounds like they have found a bomb or explosives at the house. This is getting stranger by the day.

I find it interesting that the media are reporting the French authorities as saying they have no leads and are looking at it from every angle. Yet in almost every report they also say that there is no link to state security issues.

RIGHT....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

A neighbour has told Sky that he was al-Hilli was always fixing electronics. Chances are they have found a load of wires, and electronics and haven`t a clue what they are. They are therefore, rightly being cautious.

This story is getting weirder and weirder all the time.
    The Press Association reports that the police investigation at the Hillis' house appears to be focusing on a shed or workshop at the bottom of the garden.

The BBC said neighbours told it that the workshop has a system of "elaborate electronic locks"

Source: Guardian

What is in that shed?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Also, the two women and the child were in the back of the car while the father was in the driver's seat. That means the 7 year old was in the passenger seat? Is that odd? Surely one of the women would have been seated in the front.

To be fair, the kid might have been carsick.

I know that, when we travelled long journeys as kids, whoever puked the most tended to get the front seat, while my mam sat in the back-seat and distributed sick-bags amongst everyone else.

Not a pleasant idea, sorry! :o But I wouldn't find it odd that the kid was in the passenger seat. It does relieve carsickness, a lot.

BREAKING - BBC reporter: n'bours tell of large workshop in #Claygate garden with elaborate elec locks and several power cables going in...

BREAKING - BBC reporter at scene: "it seems whatever was found today was overlooked/not seen over the weekend" #Claygate

they've been at that house since the family were murdered and yet only this morning they discovered cables and wires running into workshop...

:confused::rolleyes:

Jake1 wrote: »
    BREAKING - BBC reporter: n'bours tell of large workshop in #Claygate garden with elaborate elec locks and several power cables going in...

BREAKING - BBC reporter at scene: "it seems whatever was found today was overlooked/not seen over the weekend" #Claygate

they've been at that house since the family were murdered and yet only this morning they discovered cables and wires running into workshop...

Considering they're likely doing a thorough sweep, then it's understandable that it took this long.

Jake1 wrote: »

this guy might have been constructing a "dirty" bomb in his back garden for all we know.
    it's looking increasingly probable that this "hit" was the work of spooks. (personally i think the family-feud line was thrown out for public consumption).
    might be Mossad, might be Al Qaeda, Iranians? M15? who knows? most likely we may NEVER really know.

when the 'er "truth" eventually emerges, it will have a spin put on it to protect/facilitate the dark forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

it has all the hallmarks of a professional assination. I've seen the movie. Double-tap to the head. SAS?

Guardian now reporting that the corden has been removed and the threat neutralized.
    The extended corden outside the house has been removed and bomb disposal officers have left the property suggesting that the threat is over, Shiv Malik, on the scene, says.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    it has all the hallmarks of a professional assination. I've seen the movie. Double-tap to the head. SAS?
    SAS? No, they're highly trained but they're legit so wouldn't be used in this case if it is black ops stuff.
    If there is anything interesting in that shed it will probably raise more questions than it answers.

If it was black ops, then someone has fncked up royally by letting it become international news and having the standard police forces involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I`d guess if this was a black ops job, that it would have been a tragic accident or something along those lines.

Something that the media would get bored with after a while.

• Advertisement

Press are now allowed out the front of the house.

Source: Guardian live updates

from skynews
    Police officer Benoit Vinneman told reporters the crime scene is being re-examined, and it would be wrong to focus on the theory of an "ordered execution".

"Is this the work of a crazy person? Was the family the real target? Only work based on complete information can help us to see things clearly," he said.

So by his own logic it would also be wrong not to consider an "ordered execution".

Yet every news article I've read suggests the authorities are dismissing a "professional hit" while at the same time stating they can't rule out every other possibility.

Hmmmm the doth protest too much methinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Blay wrote: »
    I'm suprised RTDH hasn't been over to claim it was a US sponsored Mossad false flag attack to cover up the Illuminati or some crap:pac:

Well she was beaten over the head so the attackers must have been certain she was dead before they left, she was presumably unconscious and woke up and ran.

It's not a stretch to think it was Mossad or some other intelligence agency. There's no way that this was a random nutjob. Random lunatics kill and wound in spectacularly wild fashion. They usually take out as many as they can and then turn the gun on themselves or are killed/apprehended. They don't clinically kill everyone to eliminate witnesses and then disappear.

The victim was an Iraqi. The bomb squad is currently searching his house because of an explosives lab they found there. Now that would suggest that the guy was under surveillance. That being the case then all fingers point to a professional assassination by a government agency. Some cold, chilling government operative who has no qualms about killing women or children did this. It's gruesome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

From Yahoo news regarding the elderly Swedish woman found dead in the car:

"Police had been struggling to identify the elderly woman, and could only confirm she held a Swedish passport."

Can they not fcuking read?

"Police had been struggling to identify the elderly woman, and could only confirm she held a Swedish passport."

Just because she held a Swedish passport doesn't necessarily mean they're Swedish. Remember this case in 2010, where the perpetrators held Irish passports? Doesn't mean they were Irish.

According to the Guardian, the French are now saying that only one weapon was used to kill all 4 people.

She has been confirmed as the maternal grandmother. I found the delay in formally identifying her odd too.

It is now being reported that just one gun was used in the 4 killings.
    One weapon was used in the slaying of three members of the HIlli family and a French cyclist, French police said today, according to the BBC. A shot from the same gun wounded seven-year old Zainab, who remains in hospital in Grenoble.

It's not a stretch to think it was Mossad or some other intelligence agency. There's no way that this was a random nutjob. Random lunatics kill and wound in spectacularly wild fashion. They usually take out as many as they can and then turn the gun on themselves or are killed/apprehended. They don't clinically kill everyone to eliminate witnesses and then disappear.

The victim was an Iraqi. The bomb squad is currently searching his house because of an explosives lab they found there. Now that would suggest that the guy was under surveillance. That being the case then all fingers point to a professional assassination by a government agency. Some cold, chilling government operative who has no qualms about killing women or children did this. It's gruesome.

he has been under surveillance by British intelligence sine he entered the UK from Iraq. given the times we live in, that in itself would not be surprising.

if i were to hazard a wild guess, i'ld say he was taken out by Mossad probably because he was suspected of passing info of some sort to Iranian security. they would have no compunction if they felt Israeli security was at stake. In fact they would consider it a very small price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

It is now being reported that just one gun was used in the 4 killings.

According to RTE news it was a shotgun, but don't shotguns fire pellets instead of bullets?

RTE Nine O'Clock news (Monday Night), press the Play icon, then jump to (12 minutes) just before the Ad break . . .

> http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=10046875

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

LordSutch wrote: »
    According to RTE news it was a shotgun, but don't shotguns fire pellets instead of bullets?

RTE Nine O'Clock news (Monday Night), press the Play icon, then jump to (12 minutes) just before the Ad break . . .

> http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=10046875

They can fire slugs too

Advertisement