Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The taste of beer :/

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Most generic beer is very bland and if you think cider makes a mess out of you the next day it's best to stay well away from Guinness it's just as bad.

O'Haras make great ales, they ave a much stronger taste than lagers but once you get used to it they have much more depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I don't think anyone really like the taste of beer at first. But by the time you reach 20 you've probably been drinking it for about 5 years anyway so you should have acquired a taste for it.

I love a pint. That first one you get in the Airport at 9am in the morning on your way off on holidays. Jesus now that's sexy. Dance for me baby...

Oh god yeah, a group of lads finding the airport bar at 7am after coming from the airport breakfast fry! :D
    Then the few tiny cans on the plane.

Yeah, I love beer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

ak4 wrote: »
    Okay so im a 20 year old male who is a sociable drinker, my drink of choice is cider mainly Bulmers. The day after though my stomach does be in knots after pints of bulmers and I have been trying to find a beer that I would like the taste of. I have been told that Corona tastes good by friends who also aren't beer fans but it doesnt do it for me. Anyone have any recommendations ?

Corona is nice with the bit of lime in it.

My preference is a good ol fosters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

jay92 wrote: »
    Corona is nice with the bit of lime in it.

My preference is a good ol fosters

You're bringing the thread down, man!

Fart wrote: »
    You're bringing the thread down, man!
    Not a fosters fan or do you just hate australians? haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Stella Artois is my favourite 'mainstream' beer, it's delicious.
    It's called the wife beater but I have no wife so it's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I drink petriddle .....puts hairs on your chest...makes your fists hard as rocks bai!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Drink this stuff - and lots of it.
    http://www.brewdog.com/beer/5am-saint

*it may or may not help you "grow a pair"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Most Aussies I've met hate Fosters.

Most Aussies I've met hate Fosters.

Well Im not aussie maybe thats why I like it :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

hmm, drink Coors light ya big baby! barely any taste of it. Or just sneak in a bottle of buckfast and drink that for the night, cant go wrong with bucky!

areyawell wrote: »
    hmm, drink Coors light ya big baby! barely any taste of it. Or just sneak in a bottle of buckfast and drink that for the night, cant go wrong with bucky!

Is'nt buckfast a non-alcholic drink? or am I thinking of something else

Next time you see a can of fosters, look at where it's brewed.
    Is'nt buckfast a non-alcholic drink? or am I thinking of something else

Definitely thinking of something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

I've never seen an Aussie drink Fosters.

I've also never seen it on sale in Australia!

BOF666 wrote: »
    I've never seen an Aussie drink Fosters.

I've also never seen it on sale in Australia!

That's because it's an English drink brewed in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

CianRyan wrote: »
    That's because it's an English drink brewed in England.

I know. I was trying to explain to someone else that it has nothing to do with Australia... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Beer is ****ing class.

I did not start drinking before I turned 18, and when I did, I quickly turned to the good stuff. I actually did enjoy my first beer quite a lot.

Anything by the Carlow Brewing Co. or 8 Degrees is delicious, and I am also quite the fan of Beamish. And those are just Irish beers.

There is a huge amount out there OP, so get your drink on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Well Im not aussie maybe thats why I like it :)

The gave us more Alan Partridge, they are grand in my books.

Beer is ****ing class.

I did not start drinking before I turned 18, and when I did, I quickly turned to the good stuff. I actually did enjoy my first beer quite a lot.

Anything by the Carlow Brewing Co. or 8 Degrees is delicious, and I am also quite the fan of Beamish. And those are just Irish beers.

There is a huge amount out there OP, so get your drink on

There might be something in this, I started late too and I was quite pleased by how nice beer tasted.
    It wasn't as delicious as I had always imagined (Duff always looks so good in The Simpsons) but it stemmed from there, I just had to find the nicest beer I could. At first I knew nothing of craft beers but I was on a quest and I hadn't been tainted with Dutch Gold and Druids. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

There might be something in this, I started late too and I was quite pleased by how nice beer tasted.
    It wasn't as delicious as I had always imagined (Duff always looks so good in The Simpsons) but it stemmed from there, I just had to find the nicest beer I could. At first I knew nothing of craft beers but I was on a quest and I hadn't been tainted with Dutch Gold and Druids. :p

Same.
    Brewing my own beer now.

• Advertisement

Fart wrote: »
    Same.
    Brewing my own beer now.

That's something I really want to try but I'm a bit afraid of mucking it up.
    Definitely on the list though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

That's how it is for me tbh! I'm easily satisfied, and there is almost nothing more satisfying than a tasty beer

BOF666 wrote: »
    I know. I was trying to explain to someone else that it has nothing to do with Australia... :o

Well fosters originated first in Australia in 1970 so technically it's australian. Also I hate giving credit to england for anything lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A good pint of Heineken on a night out can't be beat. If I'm at home I'll have an Erdinger or a Tiger beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Can't beat a bottle of buckfast or the poor mans buckfast, nobleman. You won't care what pint you're drinking either of those drinks.

Guinness beats any beer though, beer burns the back of my throat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Guinness beats any beer though

[pedantic]Guinness is a beer[/pedantic]

Can't beat a bottle of buckfast or the poor mans buckfast, nobleman. You won't care what pint you're drinking either of those drinks.

I don't "get" buckfast, I can buy 2 bottles of wine for the same price and get way more ****ed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I drank only cider, whiskey and Guinness until I was 22. Could tolerate Corona when I was stuck, but Budweiser, Heineken and Bavaria were unsuccessful experiments. The first "proper" beer I ever enjoyed was a bottle of Cobra at the start of summer last year.

That was my gateway to Asahi, Hoegaarden and Blue Moon. Then the O'Hara's/Carlow Brewing Co. stuff. Since then it's been a wonderful, hazy road of Duvel and Chimay, with the odd Leffe, Westmalle, Spaten, Shepherd Neame's 1698, and Erdinger (try the Schneeweisse over the winter!)

Belgium is where it's at, basically, but as others have said the smaller Irish ones can be great as well.

If you do end up sticking to cider, try to get your hands on a few bottles of Aspal. It's still my favourite beverage, even with all the amazing beers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

If you do end up sticking to cider, try to get your hands on a few bottles of Aspal. It's still my favourite beverage, even with all the amazing beers out there.

to further this, I think the nicest "proper" cider out there is Stonewell medium dry. made in cork and available in most specialty off licenses. the stuff if absolutely godly. you'll wonder why you ever thought bulmers was acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Devil's Bit Cider.

If that doesn't put hair on your chest nothing will.

Advertisement