Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The taste of beer :/

Options
  • 05-09-2012 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Okay so im a 20 year old male who is a sociable drinker, my drink of choice is cider mainly Bulmers. The day after though my stomach does be in knots after pints of bulmers and I have been trying to find a beer that I would like the taste of. I have been told that Corona tastes good by friends who also aren't beer fans but it doesnt do it for me. Anyone have any recommendations ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

Me personally i prefer Heinz i wouldn't pour that awful muck bachelors down my throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

grow a pair....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Try Blue Moon. Savage drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Babysham for you OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

I'm curious "n" is nowhere near "r" on the keyboard...

Or phone for that matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I love bean but not been I also love beer. I'd lick bean all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

and if you do eventually become a man then stay away from the generic crap they sell you in pubs as much as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

FatherLen wrote: »
    grow a pair....

What he means is, grow a pair of breasts and men will buy you drink for ever and ever...no matter how much your beard grows....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Drink wkd in the corner with the girlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Your drink of choice is Bulmers?! Muck!

Get yourself to a decent off licence and ask them to recommend you a few good beers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

If you like cider you should try Kopperberg. I find that to be easier on the belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Beer is an aquired taste, I don't think anyone likes it the first time they try it. Just man the f*ck up and start drinking and eventually you will like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

MMMmm alcohol flavoured beans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I don't really like beer either but Tiger is quite drinkable. Corona and Miller aren't too bad either. Coors is grand 'cause it's basically water. Heineken is unpleasant but not impossible to drink. Carlsberg and Stella Artois are just downright vile, I don't know how anyone drinks them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Seriously OP, proof your bloody headline. It'll take you literally a second. We'll all wait here...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

FatherLen wrote: »
    and if you do eventually become a man then stay away from the generic crap they sell you in pubs as much as you can.

Wow, a beer hipster

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Start drinking Guinness now. You'll be about five years ahead of all your mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't like beer either, at all. Occasionally drink cider, mostly spirits, and I've been drinking far too long to be at the yet to acquire a taste stage. However, I do find that Tequila beer is pretty acceptable to me - pretty much the only beer I can stomach and enjoy - so maybe give that a try. The most readily available ones are Desperados and Lidl's own brand version, both taste pretty much the same, are 6% and the Lidl one's about half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Honestly, most beer you'd find in pretty much every pub tastes like shit. Heineken, Budweiser, so on, it's all crap. Cider is also crap, and the reason your stomach is in bits is because of the acidity. Kopparberg has a ton of sugar in it, so you're likely to get a hangover before you get drunk.

Try weiss beers, I like them. Bavaria is in most places, Erdinger, Franziskaner, so on. They're very cloudy, and quite thick, but as far as beer taste, you can't beat a weiss.

EDIT: Also, try whiskey! Jameson is still the number one in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Wow, a beer hipster

If you've had a craft beer you'll know what he says is true. Heineken and such is designed to be as inoffensive as possible to most taste buds. Get something that is made by people who actually like the taste of beer and you'll see that while it can taste quite strong initially the flavours are nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Strongbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I went straight from cider to Staropramen or Budvar, both of which are fairly available. I think I liked them, despite the fact that they're more 'beery' than normal pub stuff, because they're very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I hear lighter fluid is good. This is a far superior drink to meths. The **** don't drink it because they can't afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

bottles, pint bottles, dont drink from the kegs, while it might be fine in the kegs by the time it gets to the tap it can be shiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Honestly, most beer you'd find in pretty much every pub tastes like shit. Heineken, Budweiser, so on, it's all crap. Cider is also crap, and the reason your stomach is in bits is because of the acidity. Kopparberg has a ton of sugar in it, so you're likely to get a hangover before you get drunk.

Try weiss beers, I like them. Bavaria is in most places, Erdinger, Franziskaner, so on. They're very cloudy, and quite thick, but as far as beer taste, you can't beat a weiss.

EDIT: Also, try whiskey! Jameson is still the number one in my life.

Is whiskey a beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

muboop1 wrote: »
    Don't, just don't. It's absolute piss marketed as a craft beer to cash in on the trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

muboop1 wrote: »
    Don't, just don't. It's absolute piss marketed as a craft beer to cash in on the trend.

Ah, Blue Moon is alright as a gateway beer that'll get people trying new things. It's drinkable but fairly sweet, even for a wheat beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    If you like cider you should try Kopperberg. I find that to be easier on the belly.

That stuff always reminds me of my knacker drinking days at 15

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Wow, a beer hipster

If you've had a craft beer you'll know what he says is true. Heineken and such is designed to be as inoffensive as possible to most taste buds. Get something that is made by people who actually like the taste of beer and you'll see that while it can taste quite strong initially the flavours are nicer.

It's also nice to support Irish brewers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

ak4 wrote: »
    Okay so im a 20 year old male who is a sociable drinker, my drink of choice is cider mainly Bulmers. The day after though my stomach does be in knots after pints of bulmers and I have been trying to find a beer that I would like the taste of. I have been told that Corona tastes good by friends who also aren't beer fans but it doesnt do it for me. Anyone have any recommendations ?

Coors Light. It tastes nothing like beer. (So long as you like the taste of dirty water you'll be grand.)

Seriously, bit hard to recommend you a beer if you don't like it :confused: What you would say to someone who said 'I don't like pizza, which pizza would you recommend?'. Why not just drink something else, like spirits?

Advertisement