Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Bit the bullet and went with the Ryanair flights. All the other options got me to the festival way later after a lot more travel and with horrible return plans (leaving the festival at 8am in the morning etc.). Wasn't worth the savings which weren't a whole lot. Anyone planning on flying should get the finger out. For the Wednesday morning and Monday evening return on Ryanair was 171 with bags. Aer Lingus flights for the same are already at comedy prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RICHIE26188

Hearing Dizzee will be subbing the Arctic Monkeys Friday and not headlining the Sunday as was previously rumoured

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Responding to a question about what they had in store, Alt-J revealed: “Yeah, we're playing Leeds, Reading, Glastonbury, we're playing around Europe as well.”

Source: http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/177516/9#ixzz2LX8p58js

Nas has just been confirmed to, expecting the names to start coming through thick and fast now wether it by officially or unofficially

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Alongside the revelation of the reborn area there are also more acts announced with Nas, Disclosure, Hot Natured, David Rodigan, Sub Focus, AlunaGeorge, Eats Everything, Rudimental, and The Congos.
    Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130222d.shtml#3Ll1RyksSAEwkuAF.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Saw that. Happy about Nas, even if he is a bit of a safe booking.

Don't know any of the others, must check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Toast wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and went with the Ryanair flights. All the other options got me to the festival way later after a lot more travel and with horrible return plans (leaving the festival at 8am in the morning etc.). Wasn't worth the savings which weren't a whole lot. Anyone planning on flying should get the finger out. For the Wednesday morning and Monday evening return on Ryanair was 171 with bags. Aer Lingus flights for the same are already at comedy prices.

Following on from your advice I got the finger out! Over on the early flight Wens morning & back on the late one Monday with Ryanair same price.

Also booked a 2 person tent for me & the gf in Worthy View for £200. Didnt want to be buying & erecting a tent over there & the area will be (hopefully) better maintained than the main camping areas if the weather turns sour!

Originally wanted to get the ferry & bring the car but prices were fairly dear (€150 extra all in) & 10hr travel time to boot.

Feel free to engage the guy who looks a bit like James May with the camera bag if you need some company cause it sounds like you're pretty much in exactly the same setup as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So is there no G stage any more? Atoms For Peace to play one of the nights on The Park stage would be very nice me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

Toast wrote: »
    Has anyone done a sail and rail to Glastonbury before? I've always flown in the past to get there as early as possible but as I went for one of those presetup camping options and I'm thinking the actual difference in travel time after all the getting to the airport early and queuing etc isn't that much. I've done my share of 6am flights and it usually means most of the Wednesday is lost to jet lag.

Thinking about the sail & rail ourselves this year, want to get there good and early on Wednesday and the flights are getting really expensive. Most of the times we have looked at involve a few hours wait in Holyhead in the early morning which isn't too appealing. I'd say it would be a bit of craic on the way over but a bit of a nightmare coming back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

brozio7 wrote: »
    Thinking about the sail & rail ourselves this year, want to get there good and early on Wednesday and the flights are getting really expensive. Most of the times we have looked at involve a few hours wait in Holyhead in the early morning which isn't too appealing. I'd say it would be a bit of craic on the way over but a bit of a nightmare coming back

Shouldn't involve too much waiting.

Going over get the 08:45 Irish Ferries Swift sailing, arrive in Holyhead at 10:45, leave Holyhead at 11:27, arrive Castle Cary at 18:53.

Going back, you have until about 16:30 to get to Holyhead (ferry is at 17:15), so would need to get the train from Castle Cary at 07:44 or 09:42.

Anyway, looks like I am going to this, albeit working for Oxfam. First time at Glastonbury, should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hellosailor

Im driving over & getting the ferry to Fishgaurd it will be some road trip I cant wait!!!! Going to stay in a hotel the night before driving home as I want some half decent sleep and a nice loooong hot shower too :)

Great news for Glasto goers from Ireland. Maybe not so much for the country.

It will have recovered long before Glasto, may take a few months though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

See The National are playing Cork the Friday night and have the 29th free on the tour dates at the moment. Must be nailed on for Glastonbury surely.

http://americanmaryforum.com/discussion/topic/tns-festival-season-2013/

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Deadly blog post I found on my cyber festival travels - http://vickyflipfloptravels.com/glastonbury-tickets

Never been to Glasto - for shame! - it's firmly on the bucket list, but a few mates have and it does seem like the old Keano adage 'fail to prepare, prepare to fail' mantra holds true.

It's a 5 day marathon, so you wouldn't want to be blowing your wad on day 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jeden wrote: »
    It's a 5 day marathon, so you wouldn't want to be blowing your wad on day 2!
    I got drop kicked by the local cider on Day 1 which taught me a lesson for the rest of the weekend :o

It will have recovered long before Glasto, may take a few months though!

Except the balance on the deposit is due this week so we'll be getting the advantage of a weaker sterling now. Also whatever the rate is during the festival is irrelevant. It is what it was when you bought your spending money that counts. Worth taking a gamble and buying a few quid whenever it looks like it has bottomed out.

Ah right wasnt talking in terms of paying balances this week. I live in England so it had slipped my mind those overseas had to pay that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did anyone notice if you were able to pay for camper tickets when paying for international tickets?

One international ticket paid for, but was wondering if we could skip the campervan ticket rush from when the UK tickets balance can be paid and the rest of out tickets need to be paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

robinph wrote: »
    Did anyone notice if you were able to pay for camper tickets when paying for international tickets?

One international ticket paid for, but was wondering if we could skip the campervan ticket rush from when the UK tickets balance can be paid and the rest of out tickets need to be paid for.

All paid up here. Ready to go.. hotel, ferry and tickets. I remember seeing the campervan option there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I didn't notice when I was paying off the balance but looks like you can judging from this thread.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/173204-yay-tickets-are-confirmed-and-paid-for/

Opr

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

opr wrote: »
    I didn't notice when I was paying off the balance but looks like you can judging from this thread.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/173204-yay-tickets-are-confirmed-and-paid-for/

Opr

I keep forgetting about efests. Used to waste loads of time on there back in the day, but only seem to remember it around Glasto time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

You can. I noticed when I was adding on the carpark ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 doyler1984

anybody getting the morning flight to bristol on thursday?
    any interest in sharing a minicab to the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Prince rumoured to headline..

Now the Purple one would be good to see, he's got a good few tunes that everyone knows and can scream along to.

He'd probably be perfect for it assuming he still plays the old stuff. Wasnt he dropping lots of things for religious reasons?

The Sunday headline slot is still really up in the year, usually by now we know all 3 headliners, this year we 'officially' know none!

Although the Arctics and Stones look a shoe in for Fri/Sat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Got my working place for this sorted out. Heading over on the Tuesday.

Advertisement