Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RICHIE26188

Id love Kasabian to headline think theyve earned the right to

Long shot, but is there ANY chance of getting a ticket at this stage?

The re sales are in early April,

Make sure you're registered with Glastonbury on their data based through the main website then wait for resale Sunday. Pot luck if you get one or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

As richie said, there are resales of returned tickets in April so make sure you are registered. It's not as hopeless as you might think. I've been three times (And can't wait for this year's) and two of the three previous times I got my tickets from the resale.

You really need as many people as possible trying to by the tickets for you though. Had 6 people trying with me and was using two laptops, one connected online via meteor and dialing their phone every 20 seconds.

Good luck, it's definitely worth a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

If your in for the resale , you can get one ticket easy enough, what they did last year was sell the bus and ticket option in the resale. The trick was to only submit for one as your are booking onto a bus at the same time , so if you look for two then unless a bus has two free seats on that exact bus then you wont get any. We were looking for three for different people and kept getting in but it failed after we ordered three, eventually we went for one and got one. The other lad failed in his bid for the other two tickets. The bus was from Bristol so we drove and dropped that person to the bus and headed on and met them inside. I will be looking in the resale as I was away for the main sale and might go down the route of two singles.

• Advertisement

A few hours on a bus on your own isnt going to harm you, its worth the hassle if it means you get a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

A few hours on a bus on your own isnt going to harm you, its worth the hassle if it means you get a ticket

Unless the bus is in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Zippy1991 wrote: »
    Unless the bus is in India.

After a few days of using the toilets in Glastonbury you'll be longing for the feature rich comforts of India :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

harney wrote: »
    After a few days of using the toilets in Glastonbury you'll be longing for the feature rich comforts of India :D

I never thought id love a freezing cold shower run by a bunch of hippies so much in my life :pac:

Fleetwood Mac have just announced tour dates in the US slap bang in the middle of Glastonbury, so its fair to say that rules them out headlining

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Ticket resale dates just confirmed:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130128h.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Fleetwood Mac have just announced tour dates in the US slap bang in the middle of Glastonbury, so its fair to say that rules them out headlining

yeah.. 2 dates in between their US dates which you'd expect is for the long haul from IOWA to WASHINGTON. No chance they'll get a trip to the UK there.

I'm seriously now baffled on who will be announced as headliners (not that headliners are that big a deal) although i'm starting to think again the Rolling Stones will make it.

I'm seriously craving some announcements in February for either festivals here or Glasto. I'm getting cold turkey. bye bye January...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

yeah.. 2 dates in between their US dates which you'd expect is for the long haul from IOWA to WASHINGTON. No chance they'll get a trip to the UK there.

I'm seriously now baffled on who will be announced as headliners (not that headliners are that big a deal) although i'm starting to think again the Rolling Stones will make it.

I'm seriously craving some announcements in February for either festivals here or Glasto. I'm getting cold turkey. bye bye January...

Can't remember who it was, but someone did a headline slot a few years ago with a US date only one day before and another after their Glasto slot. Could have been U2 on the year they actually played rather than the year where Bono bust his back, but not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

robinph wrote: »
    Can't remember who it was, but someone did a headline slot a few years ago with a US date only one day before and another after their Glasto slot. Could have been U2 on the year they actually played rather than the year where Bono bust his back, but not certain.

Twas. Flew in from South America on the Thursday Night/Friday morning. Played the Friday night, back out the Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

This sounds pretty cool in terms of coverage from the BBC this year.
    The BBC has outlined its plans for music broadcasting in 2013.

The corporation announced plans to extensively cover music events in the UK following the digital success of its Olympics and Hackney Weekend coverage in 2012.

For the first time ever, music fans will be able to stream live from any of Glastonbury's multiple stages in June, allowing viewers to watch their favourite bands as if they were there.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a455394/glastonbury-2013-stages-to-be-streamed-by-the-bbc.html

Opr

That does sound good. Almost disappointed that I'll miss all the coverage. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This probably isn't earth shattering news to many of you because the rumour has been strongly circulating for quite a while, but eFestivals is now fully confident that Glastonbury Festival's Friday night Pyramid Stage headliner this year will indeed be Arctic Monkeys.

This will be their second time of headlining the festival, having previously done so in 2007.

The Saturday night headliner is likely to be The Rolling Stones, although things still currently suggest that they have still not firmly agreed to play. eFestivals understands that the Festival is happy to wait for their decision, and already have a back-up plan - another act - in place just in case Jagger & co say 'no'.

There's still intense speculation about who the Sunday headliner might be, with all sorts of names being talked about.
    Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130216a.shtml#8a27BXvtL9DdgHmV.99

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Sunday's usually a poppier headliner, isn't it?

Has the talk of Rihanna died down completely? Seems like a good fit and she's doing a few shows around Europe at that time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Has the talk of Rihanna died down completely? Seems like a good fit and she's doing a few shows around Europe at that time.

But is'nt she doing a massive stadium tour around the UK aswell though

Seems you're right. Just saw her name popping up for a few others around Europe and thought she may be the Sunday headliner. I think the dates of Glastonbury are still free, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She still being rumoured as is Justin Timberlake now as well

Hadn't heard that one. Could be a fun closer to the festival.

Has become more poppier in the last couple of years, but before that it tended to be someone very old school. Since the Kylie event did happen and they went Basement Jax as a replacement they have gone a different direction for Sunday nights.

Rihanna wont headline, she's playing in mainland europe on the Saturady & Sunday. Fridays headline slot is already taken by the Arctic Monkeys

The rumour now is The Stones for the Saturday with Mumford & Sons subbing, if terms cant be agreed with The Stones then Mumford would step up to headline.

Sunday looks to be still very much up in the air, read on one forum Dizzie Rascal is in the mix, really hope this isnt true - very weak headliner considering he's playing plenty of other festivals this summer without headlining

Dizzee Rascal would be good fun as a closer, but I'm not sure I see it happening.

I see Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z have been announced as headliners for Wireless. Probably rules them out of Glastonbury? Or have they shared headliners in the past?

edit: apparently both are UK festival exclusives, so that's the end of those rumours.

I could see Dizzee headlining, he's popular enough and has the songs to do it, but for me personally i'd probably go and see whoever was on elsewhere, never been a fan of his.

I also dont think a festival like Glastonbury should have someone headlining who is 2nd or 3rd down the bill on some other major european festivals.

Really cant think of many others who could step in for the Sunday, but Eavis likes to throw in a shock name. Who saw Stevie Wonder's headline slot coming....I know I didnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Has anyone done a sail and rail to Glastonbury before? I've always flown in the past to get there as early as possible but as I went for one of those presetup camping options and I'm thinking the actual difference in travel time after all the getting to the airport early and queuing etc isn't that much. I've done my share of 6am flights and it usually means most of the Wednesday is lost to jet lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Toast wrote: »
    Has anyone done a sail and rail to Glastonbury before? I've always flown in the past to get there as early as possible but as I went for one of those presetup camping options and I'm thinking the actual difference in travel time after all the getting to the airport early and queuing etc isn't that much. I've done my share of 6am flights and it usually means most of the Wednesday is lost to jet lag.

I've done it to Bestival before and it's worked pretty well. Only thing was I needed to leave the site very early on Monday morning to ensure that I made it home on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Toast wrote: »

Never done a sail and rail, but had a surf and turf once, it was delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

nocoverart wrote: »
    Never done a sail and rail, but had a surf and turf once, it was delicious!

There is always a supplement for that and I'm trying to avoid extras.

Advertisement