Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

A lot of rumours that Fleetwood Mac are gonna be a Friday night headliner.
    Would love that.

Anyone know when the acts start to get announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Zippy1991 wrote: »
    A lot of rumours that Fleetwood Mac are gonna be a Friday night headliner.
    Would love that.

Would love it even more if Christine McVie was back in the fold :(

A little bit like Pink Floyd reuniting without Rick Wright (who was also the piano/keyboard/composer player).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Would Fleetwood Mac not be a little weak as far as headliners go? maybe better off suited to the Other Stage. Excuse my ignorance as I was never into them or that era of music. For me Glastonbury is all about the smaller bands you get to see in the smaller arenas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

nocoverart wrote: »
    Would Fleetwood Mac not be a little weak as far as headliners go? maybe better off suited to the Other Stage. Excuse my ignorance as I was never into them or that era of music. For me Glastonbury is all about the smaller bands you get to see in the smaller arenas.

Sunday night headliners maybe, but the last few years they have sometimes moved away from the oldie on a Sunday lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Possibly the Paul Simon slot?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Toast wrote: »
    Possibly the Paul Simon slot?
    That would be OK. He's got a few good tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

I'd say to get the album Rumours.

I think Fleetwood Mac could hold a headline spot although I'd nearly prefer them on a small stage in a different slot.

Actually can't wait for this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Musicnation Ireland

Anyone hear any release dates on the line up?

anyone been to Reading/Leeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

anyone been to Reading/Leeds?

Yeah was at Reading this year. I loved it, but yeah it's certainly not Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Musicnation Ireland

oh very good..did it cost you much to travel?

I think I'm into the smaller festivals myself..a lot of people say to go to leeds..less rough etc..would that be true?

• Advertisement

Anyone hear any release dates on the line up?
    Usually around about April time things should start to get confirmed officially.

I wouldn't tend to care that much until the last week in June, then I'll get myself a cider and ask the person next to me who it is that is playing.. and what stage is it that we are infront of. :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks has told NME that she'd love to headline Glastonbury in 2013.

Addressing rumours that the band could coincide a forthcoming summer 2013 tour with their debut appearance headlining the Pyramid Stage, Nicks says she watched Beyonce's performance at the festival in 2011 from her hotel room in London after her own slot at Hyde Park Calling that year.

"When we were there [in the UK] in 2011, I watched it. I watched Beyonce and it was pretty amazing! I had just got home from the Hyde Park thing, so I was just home from my own show and I turned on the TV and we had a pretty big screen in the hotel where we were, so I sat and watched like three hours, four hours of it, so would I love to do it? I’d Love to do it!"

Speaking about the band's forthcoming world tour, she added: "We are coming to the UK. It’s on there, the pre-schedule that they start sending out to you. We have basically 50 shows in the United States and then a little break, then It looks like we are coming to England to do, probably like seven or eight shows. I don’t know that for sure, but I think that’s what it will work out to be, and hopefully we will do other shows through Europe. I’m delighted to come over there, I’m thrilled about it."

When asked if one of those shows could be Glastonbury, Nicks replied: "Oh yeah! I hope, you know, I hope I hope!"

Previously, festival boss Emily Eavis admitted to NME that she would love to see Fleetwood Mac headline the Pyramid Stage in 2013. "I think Fleetwood Mac would be amazing to get," she said in October of this year. "I’ll be totally honest we haven’t had any conversations with them yet but, you know, it is still early days. We’re just talking to some headliners now. For us it’s about getting the balance of heritage bands, legends and new bands – just keeping that balance."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 22moomoo

Myself and a few more have our campervan booked to set off from Ireland take the ferry to Fishguard and on to Glastonbury. We have space for two more in the campervan (for transport only, not for the duration of the festival) and are considering selling a lift for two to the festival.

What is the appetite for this, will there be lots of people looking for transport to glasto from Ireland? It's a hassle free chance to get there in good time - on our terms of course!

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RICHIE26188

Im the tangerine fields, really missed Glastonbury last year cant wait for June. Worthy farm is a special place

22moomoo wrote: »
    What is the appetite for this, will there be lots of people looking for transport to glasto from Ireland? It's a hassle free chance to get there in good time - on our terms of course!

I'd say you'll get people looking for some way over nearer the date when they realise they haven't booked their flights or alternative transport in time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I might be getting a wristbanding job for this, the fellah handling the wristbands also was doing some of the Irish festivals last summer, so hopefully this will happen. It will be my first time at Glastonbury if it works out.

I did wristbanding for glasto last few years and ep and a few other uk gigs, fyi that company no longer do glasto, its a new company

If you have experience in a kitchen and are prepared for some hard work then there are paid jobs available for either two weeks or seven weeks covering the festival:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/cooks-and-kitchen-assistants-needed

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Portishead have announced a few festivals. Not sure if they've done Glastonbury since they came back, but potentially an Other Stage headliner?

Here's hoping. Seen them three times in the past few years and they've been brilliant each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Portishead have announced a few festivals. Not sure if they've done Glastonbury since they came back, but potentially an Other Stage headliner?

Here's hoping. Seen them three times in the past few years and they've been brilliant each time.

Great band! never seen them live but only heard positive things about their shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Yeah, they'd be a great addition.

Saw them in 2008 and it was very good and then again last year and it was even better. Haven't seen any rumours about them though, so it's just me putting two and two together. Have they played Glastonbury since they came back with the third album?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 hellosailor

Im a glasto virgin and cant wait to go this year! I feel so lucky to have gotten tickets :)

Does anyone have advice on bringing the tent, buses from Bristol, best plac to camp etc...?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

Im a glasto virgin and cant wait to go this year! I feel so lucky to have gotten tickets :)

Does anyone have advice on bringing the tent, buses from Bristol, best plac to camp etc...?

Thanks

I'd get a tent here (they sell tents at the festival but are more expensive) and bring it on the plane as hand luggage if you're flying, just put the metal tent pegs into your checked baggage and you can bring it onboard.

I've never got the bus from Bristol so can't help you there, i've always flown to Bristol airport and got a taxi or got the train from London.

If you or anybody else for that matter is flying into Bristol on the Wednesday I'll be looking for others to share a taxi. It works out about the same price as the bus if we get the numbers and is so much handier (stops at off-licence on the way and local drivers know the back way into the festival so no traffic ;))

Camping wise the place is ENORMOUS so its up to you, personally I try to camp up near the Park and stone circle side of things (south on the map). Most of the very late night things happen up that end and you'll be glad of the short walk back to your tent at 6am instead of a 2 mile walk to the other side!
    However the downside to this is that most people will arrive onto the site at the north entrances meaning a massive trek with all you gear and booze to get to the prime camping spots in the south.
    Heres the map fineguide_09m.jpg

Theres a ton of helpful info on this site too..
    http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/forum/4-glastonbury-festival/

Enjoy! :D

As said above, if you are flying into Bristol on the Wednesday then get a taxi. Book one in advance or get chatting with someone on the plane and share their taxi with them, people going to Glastonbury will be obvious on any plane going Dublin->Bristol from the Tuesday onwards.

The other option is to get the Bristol Flyer from the airport into Bristol. You can either get off at Temple Meads and then get a train to Castle Cary and then a shuttle bus from there, or you go the the main bus station in Bristol and get a bus to the site direct from there. Either of those options will require much more faffing, much more time and probably be more expensive than a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

what chance Stones for Glasto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hellosailor

Excellent thanks a million for the advice :) There will be 3 of us flying from cork and we are meeting a 4th person in Bristol so might book the taxi. We are stayin in Bristol the tues night and headin to Glasto the Wed afternoon. Super excited only 172 days to go!!!

If you are staying in Bristol on the Tuesday night then get the Bristol Flyer bus into town, it's something like £6 I seem to remember and you just hop on from outside the terminal building and pay the driver.

Getting from Bristol to the festival you will either be looking at train to Castle Cary, the festival buses from the Bristol bus station, or your mate from Bristol drives. I'd be surprised if you find a taxi from in Bristol that will want to go anywhere near the festival site.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

I'm thinking on going to Glastonbury next year but I'm also starting driving lessons this year (I probably won't have enough money for both),should I go to it next year or wait a couple of years?

eldest200 wrote: »
    I'm thinking on going to Glastonbury next year but I'm also starting driving lessons this year (I probably won't have enough money for both),should I go to it next year or wait a couple of years?
    Do you already have tickets?

They are sold out since October, there will be a mini resale in April from people who cancel and loose their deposit but will be very tough to get tickets then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

robinph wrote: »

They are sold out since October, there will be a mini resale in April from people who cancel and loose their deposit but will be very tough to get tickets then.

If not registered, register now as this will close a few days before the tickets go on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

robinph wrote: »

Advertisement