Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭davidlynchis

Hey

First time poster and vigin Glasto! Ticket resale is on 22nd April.

Reckon there will be a similar hack from the first ticket sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Almost certainly not. The incident last time was the perfect combination of accident and stupidity.

Thought so!

Right so its just getting every phone and laptop I can get my hands on set up and running on the morning of the 21st and hoping for the best! Or do you Glasto veterans have any other tips for the resale?

Wish me luck! I'll need it...

The best advice is to have a bunch of people trying for your group. Make sure they all have the information required (name, reg number, postcode) in a text file on the desktop ready to go. Make sure all the info is verified a couple of days before on the check registration page. Make sure everyone also has a credit card that will support the entire booking. Watch out for anyone who has recently got a new card sent (and changed expiry dates) or changed their address or is otherwise likely to mess up the details. Basically the worst case scenario is you get in but a wrong detail stops you from completing the transaction.

As for getting to the point of booking there is really nothing that can be done other than to hammer refresh. They've a "holding" page that is basically a text page that will say something along the lines of "you are in a queue and will retry in 60 seconds or retry manually if you like". Just to be aware there is no "queue" and nothing to be gained by waiting that 60 seconds so as soon as you get that page you should probably refresh.

Check efestivals and find the IRC/chat info the day before and take note of it and login on the morning. Don't expect efestivals to be accessible on the morning as it typically falls over. If there is any hints or hacks or the like the live chat is where it will be posted. Good luck.

Thanks so much for that! Great bit of advice!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

LeftBlank wrote: »
    Got my working place for this sorted out. Heading over on the Tuesday.

Who are you working with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Who are you working with?

Volunteering with Oxfam i.e. not being paid for it. They look after the pedestrian and vehicle gates there.

The deal is you pay a deposit of £205 (which you get back after the festival) and then you have to work 3 x 8 hour shifts over the course of the festival (from Wednesday - Monday) and in return you get entry to the festival, some meal tickets and better/more secure camping. When you are not on shift, you are free to enjoy the festival however you want.

There's more info about it here

https://www.oxfam.org.uk/stewarding
    https://www.oxfam.org.uk/stewarding/festivals/glastonbury-festival

Because I've worked with them before, I got to apply a bit earlier. They've had some systems issues so all the application stuff is offline at the moment and applications to the public have not opened yet and probably won't for another week or so. Though Glastonbury places usually do fill up quickly.

I highly recommend doing it. I've done quite a few festivals with them now and I don't think I could go back to being a punter at a festival again. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RICHIE26188

A few years ago I worked for Oxfam at the festival, opted to work Monday as one of my days. Very strange seeing it empty

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RICHIE26188

There's a rumour doing the round on efests that the line up may be out this week at some point. Make of that what you will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

LeftBlank wrote: »
    Volunteering with Oxfam i.e. not being paid for it. They look after the pedestrian and vehicle gates there.

I plan on doing it with Oxfam as well (the OH got his place) but since priority applications only opened yesterday I thought you might be doing it with someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

I plan on doing it with Oxfam as well (the OH got his place) but since priority applications only opened yesterday I thought you might be doing it with someone else.

They had the new (now old!) system running for about a day before shutting it down and that's when I got my application in.

It's fun watching the places fill up :)

https://www.oxfam.org.uk/stewarding/apply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

obW45Cg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

and it begins... The Stones should deliver as expected. Arctic Monkeys always reliable...

A lot of little gems in Major Lazer, F**k buttons, Matthew E. White, Toro Y Moi, Local Natives, TEED & Gold Panda... Chic... the list goes on

looking forward...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

How are a band as popular as the Pumpkins not on the main stage when Dizzie Rascall is. How are singers as talened as The Weeknd and James Blake on the 4th and 5th stage respectively when Dizzie Rascall is on the main stage.
    Not too impressed with the line-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭m0ynihan

How are a band as popular as the Pumpkins not on the main stage when Dizzie Rascall is. How are singers as talened as The Weeknd and James Blake on the 4th and 5th stage respectively when Dizzie Rascall is on the main stage.

The Smashing Pumpkins HAVE to be headlining the Other Stage! And I'm a little bit disappointed QOTSA aren't at it this year :( I saw their 2011 set on BBC the night it was on, would have been class to have been at... Wow. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I guess Glastonbury is never about the line-up but the overall experience of it all. All ye people who are going are lucky sods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Stage choices are more about crowd control than they are ability. You need strong acts clashing to prevent overcrowding at the pyramid stage. Wouldnt be surprised to see pumpkins play the other stage at same time as dizzie plays pyramid, theyd attract different crowds so should give a good balance between the 2 stages. If the 2 main stages have similiar bands on at the same time people who dont like that genre will end up overcrowding the smaller stages

• Registered Users Posts: 85,284 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

The Rolling Stones have finally confirmed as headliners for this summer's Glastonbury Festival after months of rumours, with Mumford & Sons and Arctic Monkeys.
    Primal Scream, Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds and Elvis Costello are also among the big names, alongside chart acts such as Professor Green and Dizzee Rascal.
    The full line-up was announced on the Glastonbury website. As ever it has thrown up a few surprises, including country star Kenny Rogers who is among the figures playing the main Pyramid Stage.
    The Stones have not played Glasto before but their name became linked to the event late last year when it emerged they were getting together for 50th anniversary shows. They will play the festival on Saturday June 29.
    This year's Glastonbury, being staged over the final weekend of June, is already a sell-out with around 135,000 tickets going in the space of less than two hours. However there will be some resales next month.
    Also appearing on the Pyramid will be Rita Ora, Jake Bugg, Rufus Wainwright and festival veteran Billy Bragg.
    Big names on the Other Stage include Portishead - almost 20 years after they released their debut album Dummy - along with Smashing Pumpkins, Mercury Prize-winners Alt-J and John Lydon's band PiL. The xx, The Lumineers, Alabama Shakes and Foals are included on the bill.
    Elsewhere on the huge rural site in Somerset there will be performances by 1970s' disco pioneers Chic, Tom Tom Club, rap stalwarts Public Enemy, Dinosaur Jr, The Horrors and Johnny Marr.
    Rolling Stones frontman Sir Mick Jagger told fans via Twitter: "Can't wait to play Glastonbury. I have my wellies and my yurt."
    But while his band is playing on the main stage, former bass player Bill Wyman is on the bill for the acoustic stage with his group Rhythm Kings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Mumford and Sons headlining the main stage at Glastonbury?
    What is the world coming to?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Billy Mays wrote: »

Suppose they had to make up for the Arctic Monkeys:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Not amazed at the line up, but all I really cared was that the stones played. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I don't feel so bad about not getting tickets now but that's not to say if someone offered me some I'd take their hand off!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

can't say I'm overly gone on what looks like the headliners on the main stage. The stones will phone it in as usual these days. Mumford not great live outdoors from past experience and monkey's past prime. Still having said that, plenty of other stuff to see and do so can wait. The worst day at glasto is still better than most of the rest days of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

I don't feel so bad about not getting tickets now but that's not to say if someone offered me some I'd take their hand off!
    I'm the same, was dreading the day the line up was announced but it doesn't make me feel too bad. Will still have a go at the resale though :)

Edit - same as every year there's grumbles about the line up. We all know it's so much more than who's playing, it's the whole weekend experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭deeks

Billy Mays wrote: »

I was just about to post this practically word for word so thanks for saving me the trouble:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi,I too am interested in going. Would it be safe to say that I'm wasting my time registering for the resale or is it worth a punt,I thought it was sold out at this stage

Glastonbury allows tickets to be refunded up to May 9th. The first resale will be in April and will be the people who didn't even pay their full deposit. The rumour is this could be close to 10% of all tickets that were initially available. No one can say what the interest will be for sure (other than high) but there is certainly a chance if you are willing to get up at 9am on a Sunday morning and plug away at it. If you think you'll be able to take it easy and pick up a ticket at some point when you feel like it then youd be wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi,I too am interested in going. Would it be safe to say that I'm wasting my time registering for the resale or is it worth a punt,I thought it was sold out at this stage

second Toast on this one.. you deffo have a better chance than you'd expect getting tickets in the resale. My sister got one in 2010 in the resales.. but as Toast says you've no chance of picking one up handily.

little tip... go for the ticket/coach combo tickets.. they won't sell out as fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

The resale will be a bloodbath, Stones fans are many and they will be prepared to fork out for a ticket just to go there for the Stones and go home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

My guilty pleasure are playing, of Monsters and Men :)

I always wanted to see Smashing Pumpkins so that will be cool. I never go with any expectations of who should be playing there so normally find some gems to enjoy.

I know most know the site, but worth a re-add now that it is starting to take shape. It is no-where near printable, but still good for starting to get a picture.

http://clashfinder.com/s/g2013/
    comet wrote: »
    The resale will be a bloodbath, Stones fans are many and they will be prepared to fork out for a ticket just to go there for the Stones and go home.

Maybe. It was similar last time with all the U2 fans buying tickets. I ended up having to wait for the resale to get mine.

Advertisement