Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Where did you get the coach from? Anywhere nearby (Bath/Bristol) seems to be sold out and other places are making the ticket too expensive.
    Edit: I see swansea isn't too expensive and available but its kicked me out and cant get back in to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

So annoying - I had a coach page open, my details entered and then when I had everything entered, it booted me back to the queue screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

jeeeeesus! got 2 just there, 6am single from London on the Thursday, means we can sort our own way back anyway. Am in absolute shock that it actually went through. can keep trying for others if anyone wants to PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

glasgow on the wednesday seems to be the only option left

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

I know people dont wanna hear this

but

Having got 8 in the original sale 2 of my mates were trying on Sunday.
    I offered to get up and try too, however I have just moved house and had no Broadband. So I lay in bed on the iPhone with fairly sketchy 3G coverage and got 2 tickets by 9.25.

In clonclusion Zippy got 10 tickets for Glasto and not one of the 9 ne'erdowells have bought me a pint yet :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

So...how many of us are heading who read this forum? Hit the thanks button for a quick show of hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

So...how many of us are heading who read this forum? Hit the thanks button for a quick show of hands :)

Going and EXTREMELY excited.

If anyone is flying into Bristol Wednesday at 7.40am are they interested in a minibus direct to site rather than taxi to Bristol and coach? Looking at options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

If anyone is flying into Bristol Wednesday at 7.40am are they interested in a minibus direct to site rather than taxi to Bristol and coach? Looking at options.

This is without doubt your best option. I wouldn't even consider going towards Bristol. If you don't organise something through here then you'll have loads of people at the airport willing to share cabs on the morning. Get them to stop at Wells Tesco along the way for booze and then onto the site.

If you hit on the right Taxi driver he'll be able to take you up back roads close to the site or if not he'll drop you off at the area with the free shuttle buses to the site which is fine and only a short ride on the bus.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

You can book taxis in advance at https://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/booking.htm used them in 2011 and they had it waiting for us when we got off the plane and it is easy enough to add Tesco in Wells as a waypoint to keep it nice and simple. Was 71 stg back then for 5 people. Here are the location addresses if you want to book the same thing:

Bristol International Airport (BS405RY) to Tesco Stores Ltd, Tucker Street, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2DZ to Glastonbury Festival

How was the queue to get in from the coach carparks last year in the morning? Taxi drop off was moved further down from Pedestrian Gate A and we got lumped in with a bunch of people who were coming from the carpark so ended up queueing for about an hour and a half. If I could skip that queue I might take the scenic route up to Bristol for breakfast and shopping this year before making my way down. In with Worthy View so don't need to rush to get a good spot this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Hey I'm heading over on that flight wens morning with my gf and would be interested in a minibus or taxi share stopping off for supplies along the way! Staying in worthy view too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

I'm in Worthy View too.
    Will be driving up from London at 7am on the Thursday morning.
    Should have a Boardsies meet in Worthy View

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Hey I'm heading over on that flight wens morning with my gf and would be interested in a minibus or taxi share stopping off for supplies along the way! Staying in worthy view too.

Great. Will drop you a PM later this evening. Trying to get as many as possible, because if properly organised we can get the minbus straight into the Festival site rather than to the drop off point.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/Information/getting-here/by-bus

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Ah now, Worthy View, its not Glasto without slumming it with us poor folk in lower class!! Personally hope to pitch in Oxlyers again this year like last time round - near to everything!

I'm caring/ferrying it via Holyhead/Northampton to collect a mate and hoping to arrive on site in the early hours of Wednesday morning, some atmosphere in the car park overnight before the gates open!

No ferries booked yet - plenty of deals on the outward journey available but hard to find a bargain on the way back as its into July in peak season. Anyone just turn up at Holyhead and just wait to get a ferry if not under pressure for a time coming back? Kinda standby sort of thing? Have the whole week off work after so not in any panic about the return leg!

Slummed it for ten years. Had the fun of camping under pylons in 2000, my tent flooding in 2005, camping in the general mire and bog of 2007, being fell on in my sleep in 2008, and finally visiting the medical tent in 2011 for welly rash after being dragged half way across the site with a leaky welly after queuing in the rain in the morning to get a good spot in Pennards. I've done my time.

Honestly what swung it for me was the hope that the scout tents will be better in the sun than anything I could easily bring. Sunday last time was a complete killer with us heading to bed at 5am to be woken up at 7 sweating to death and crawling around the festival for the next while in search of shade. BTW for anyone who did book Worthy View I think May 5th is the last date you can cancel without a major penalty in case you grabbed it with the intention of making the final decision later.

You should consider getting the Pembroke - Rosslare ferry if you have time to kill. Might have a better deal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

just got confirmation I'm working this, Latitude,Leeds,Oxegen,EP and now Glasto, grand ol summer ahead, but its looking like a mare to get there :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

I'm interested in the same but for Thursday morning. Meeting friends at the festival so will be travelling all alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

I am heading over on Monday night Sail'n'Rail as I need to be on site by Tuesday at 2pm. My tent is way too heavy to even consider flying over with it. Getting back in one day is going to be fun - still figuring out my options for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rpow

I'm just wondering if anyone is flying Dublin to Bristol on the Thursday Aer Lingus flight arriving at 12.35pm?? It would be great to organise a taxi or bus direct to Glastonbury (perhaps with pitstop!) as I am travelling by myself!

Although I did see a previous comment about queues at the taxi dropoff.....would it be better to just get the bus?

That was me talking about that queue but that was on the Wednesday morning. You'll be fine on Thursday afternoon regardless of which way you go in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

anyone looking to go there the tuesday? ie working?

• Advertisement

Anyone have some lesser known stuff on the line-up that they think would be worth going to see? I'm currently going through it and will post if I come across anything interesting.

Opr

Haven't had much a chance to look but Bad Bad Not Good is going to be my tip of the festival to anyone I'll be talking to. There should be some spotify / youtube playlists doing the rounds. Post them if you find them please!

Edit: VVVV Seconding The Correspondents. Their show in The Glade 2011 was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Public Service Broadcasting: http://publicservicebroadcasting.net/
    The Correspondents: http://www.thecorrespondents.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

I'd second BBNG.

Don't know how popular Goat is but their album last year (World Music) was brilliant and I'd imagine they're excellent live. They are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

Bobby Womack added to headline West Holts on Sunday.

Edit - I wonder will he show up with Albarn and Co.?

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Yeah, according to the NME, Albarn will be there.

http://www.nme.com/news/bobby-womack/69967

Can't bloody wait. It's the Sunday aswell, which was shaping up to be a quiet day for me.

Albarn is always a cert to be wandering around doing anything and everything. Jarvis Cocker also. I think I saw him on 5 different stages with 5 different bands in 2008.

Tom Yorke is another one who can't seem to stay away. He's already said that parts of Radiohead will be at the festival in some guise or another. (Not with Atoms for Peace)

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130108c.shtml

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hellosailor

Here is my must see underdogs (not as well knwon acts) if you wanna call them that....

Tom Odell
    Ben Howard
    Jagwar Ma
    Jake Bugg
    Haim
    Alt J
    Of Monsters of Men
    Goat
    Daughter
    The Strypes
    Villagers

Ive seen a few of them live others I have their albums and some Ive just discovered but none will disapoint :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/ticket-refund-resales-and-delivery-faq

For anyone who missed out on tickets, theres another resale on next week

Advertisement