Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nothing yet, not got anything other than a page failing to load since 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

From twitter: Glastonbury Festival@GlastoFest
    High demand already - tickets are selling, please keep at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

foolelle wrote: »
    holding page on my phone but nothing on my laptop just a network error, not really sure what to do, do i stay on the holding page without refreshing or wha?

same

could be here a while

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Kentish

Same here...nothing yet!! seetickets webpage failing to load since 9 am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

not sure if this works http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/Event/AddRegistrations was posted on efestivals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

stinkle wrote: »
    weve gotten to the first page, where you put in the reg number...agonisingly slow after that

Can you post the link for that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

it's the usual link, nothing special - glastonbury.seetickets.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sberry77

What's the web address for the furthest page you've got to? I can't get on to the site at all now : (

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Popmart97

Anybody get through??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Everyone do this.

194.168.202.201 glastonbury.seetickets.com

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    Open the hosts file with notepad

Add the above to the bottom of it.

If youre on windows 7 open notepad as administrator and then save

• Advertisement

am a technophobe. Where do I enter that? Just brings me up to a Google search page if I put it in a web bar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mate of mine just got 3 tickets (one of them for me) using the hostfile hack. YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Everyone do this.

what does that do?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

Got my tickets! YAY

I got through to the Add Registration page so often and then it would just crash going to the payments page. Just keep refreshing the page!!!

sberry77 wrote: »
    am a technophobe. Where do I enter that? Just brings me up to a Google search page if I put it in a web bar

yes can someone help us please???:D:D:D

Pretty please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Everyone do this.

I just tried this - worked first time! A million thanks dude. I'll buy you a beer in Glastonbury

Where do we post it and navigate to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

The DNS thing has been fixed at this point. If you've done it you need to reverse it.

=>dig a glastonbury.seetickets.com
    glastonbury.seetickets.com. 2 IN A 194.168.202.201
    glastonbury.seetickets.com. 2 IN A 194.168.202.202

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

:D:D:D:D

There was a hack listed on the efestivals site to edit your hosts file and ad this line, let me straight in then:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

robinph wrote: »

There was a hack listed on the efestivals site to edit your hosts file and ad this line, let me straight in then:

After you edited the host file what address did you type into the browser to get straight in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

robinph wrote: »

could you be a bit clearer about where you type this etc? does it go in the URL bar or what?

thanks

EDIT - is this a non-runner now? If not could you explain how I edit the hosts file? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

FYI there was a typo in the domains DNS. This is the system that directs you to the correct place on the internet. They had two servers but they got the IP address wrong for one of them. You could use the "hack" to redirect your computer to the second server (which wasn't being used). They've fixed the DNS now so the hack won't give you any advantage and will actually limit you to one server instead of two so will hurt your chances if you keep trying to use it.

For those of you wondering how to edit your windows host file with these settings:

Do this on windows 7
    1. Open up my computer or windows explorer.
    2. Click on the navigation bar at the top - it will blank the text and let you type.
    3. Copy and paste this into that bar: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    4. Right click on the file called "hosts" and click open
    5. It will ask what program to use to open it with - chose notepad
    6. Go to the bottom of the file and add this line EXACTLY
    7. Save the file, close the file and reload your browser!

I've attached screenshots to help!

What this does is it overrides the default IP address of glastonbury to another location that they are using which appears to have less traffic (it could be the UKs internal one perhaps?)

Good luck :)

Toast wrote: »
    FYI there was a typo in the domains DNS. This is the system that directs you to the correct place on the internet. They had two servers but they got the IP address wrong for one of them. You could use the "hack" to redirect your computer to the second server (which wasn't being used). They've fixed the DNS now so the hack won't give you any advantage and will actually limit you to one server instead of two so will hurt your chances if you keep trying to use it.

Toast is right folks. I managed to get my tickets before the rush but I was just checking there to see and now I can't get back in. There is no benefit to changing your hosts file now.

But the twitter feed says that the process is getting faster, so hang in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

5th Glastonbury in a row sorted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Best of luck to all the rest who haven't got tickets yet, last year I tapped away at my keyboard from before opening until it closed and ended up having to wait for the resale so I completely empathise with ye all. :(

To all those who got their tickets, lets start the mass fingers crossed for a bit of sun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

seems to be going better now, a few of us got through in seperate locations in the country on different broadband providers all around the same time and got all our tickets. Keep trying, be stubborn, it's worth it and that's the understatement of the century!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Yes!
    SUCCESS!

Got through finally on the iPhone 3G connection - after sitting on three computers with multiple windows on auto-refresh looking at broken links for an hour and a half. Of course, as soon as I'd booked - multiple windows with the booking page opened on the computers. :rolleyes:

Glastonbury here we come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm so stressed. Can't even get to the add registrations page :(

• Advertisement

glasto tickets in the bag!! boom!!:D:D:D:D

Advertisement