Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Got a huge surge of excitement just seeing this thread on the front page. Only hope I can manage to bag a ticket again this year.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Remembered to register for ticket sales.
    Now we play the waiting game.......

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

harney wrote: »
    I've been lucky enough to go to the last 4 Glastonbury's in a row. Fingers crossed I get tickets this year.

Seriously! Me and my mates have been trying to get tickets for years now with no success - the usual on the website for hours and trying phone lines as well.
    Is it really just pot luck? I am beginning to think there is a conspiracy !! :eek:

Obviously we will be trying again this year...please ye gods, finally smile on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

I've been lucky to have got tickets for the last 5 festivals. The only thing I would say is have a word document open which has the registration numbers of all people going including their postcodes they used when registering (very important!!) and details of the card using to purchase the tickets. When you get through to buying tickets all you need to do is copy & paste the details.

Oh and of course... Refresh, refresh, refresh at the start!!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I've registered and had my photo accepted. I know you need the registered address for anyone else you're booking tickets for, but is it just the post code? They seem to point out that in the email instead of the whole address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some rumoured talk already of David Bowie and The Rolling Stones

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Some rumoured talk already of David Bowie and The Rolling Stones

Seriously doubt Bowie will perform live again

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brettharting

I hope they have something special lined up to make up for this years absence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Hey Guys,

Do you know what month/dates it will be held on?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

maguic24 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Do you know what month/dates it will be held on?

its on frm the 26th to the 30th june

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Toast wrote: »
    You can pay a fiver extra for insurance which allows refunds up to the event. Otherwise there is an option to refund the tickets up until May I think. Otherwise it is not transferable so probably worth getting the insurance in case of something unexpected.

More info http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/2013-ticket-info#refundsetc.
    Not sure if I want to go next year but I'll definitely be trying to gets tickets on the 7th regardless. I have a feeling if me and my group of friends manage to get tickets I'll probably end getting caught up in the excitement and go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Just a quick reminder that registration closes this Sunday ahead of the lotto draw next week.

Opr

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Getting nervous now. Been every year since '96, but it's always a bit scary that I might fail to get tickets some year. Have several people lined up with the list of registration numbers and ready to go with hammering the F5 button from 8:59 on Sunday morning. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

Nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Almost forgot this was Sunday!
    /throws money at credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Morning all. Time to get some coffee in, check the broadband, stretch the F5 pressing finger and get ready for my remaining hair to be pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Have never tried getting tickets for this before. Currently have 3 different browsers on the waiting page (they seem to have the ability to detect when you've multiple tabs of the same page open and they just feck you out).

What's the deal here, does everyone get stuck on the waiting page til 9am or is there actually a booking page you can get at now?

Have never tried getting tickets for this before. Currently have 3 different browsers on the waiting page (they seem to have the ability to detect when you've multiple tabs of the same page open and they just feck you out).

What's the deal here, does everyone get stuck on the waiting page til 9am or is there actually a booking page you can get at now?

Yeah, kind of. Multi browsers on the same PC is pointless, although the pages are not loading for me on Chrome, only on Firefox.

By 8:59 things should start happening, like the Seetickets server will melt. Sometimes you may get in before 9am, but unlikely. You will then see a page giving options about buying UK tickets or international tickets, select how many, enter the registration numbers, the server will time out, you'll get in and do it all again, you'll not be sure what post code to put in for Irish address, you'll enter card details....then the next screen confirming your purchase will never appear and you'll have to wait until sometime this evening to get a confirmation email.

If your lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

C'mooooooonnnnnnnnn 9:00 AM FFS!!!!!!

Good luck folks. Hope ye all get tickets*

*Unless it clashes with me getting tickets in which case ye can f%*£ off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

good luck guys. crossing fingers for a quick transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm very nervous.

I've the computer, the laptop and I'm going to be trying on the phone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Site has crashed for me. Same for everyone else?

Site has crashed for me. Same for everyone else?

Yep, will be on, then off, then time out, then it will claim to put you in a queue...then it will crash again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

i have 3 laptops going - is this actually a good idea with bandwidth etc?

not very good on IT...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

i have 3 laptops going - is this actually a good idea with bandwidth etc?

not very good on IT...

Not really, if they're all going through the one internet connection. It won't limit your chances but it won't increase them much. Best bet is to have one laptop on your home broadband, another tethered to your phone so you're using 2 different connections.

I've one laptop connected to my home network and another connected to my work network through an ssh tunnel and guess what???.....still nothing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Has anyone got through to the registration page yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Not yet, but I did get through to a "We are experiencing high volumes of traffic - this page will reload in 5 seconds" page. I thought that was progress but when it reloaded, "page cannot be displayed".

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

holding page on my phone but nothing on my laptop just a network error, not really sure what to do, do i stay on the holding page without refreshing or wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

weve gotten to the first page, where you put in the reg number...agonisingly slow after that

Advertisement