Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds/Apps 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hecticlife

paperbird wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from AC about a second interview?
    Yeah got an email about second round individual interview earlier :) best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tm48

hecticlife wrote: »
    Yeah got an email about second round individual interview earlier :) best of luck with it

I'm guessing offers are out so, let's await the pfo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

hecticlife wrote: »

Wow that was quick. Good luck with your second round AC interview anyway. Heard nothing so pfo for me as I was on the same day as you!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Sod.That's a PFO from Arthur Cox so!I was expecting it,I knew my interview didn't go well.Free Mars bar though.:pac:

Does anyone have tips for the Dillon Eustace or William Fry interviews?I was amazed at how little info the DE form requested (relative to the rest of the firms anyway!) so I'm curious as to how that interview will pan out.

Lol, at least you got a free mars bar. No-one in my group took bars or crisps. I was dying to take one!! What day were you on? I can't believe the offers were out so soon!!

• Advertisement

I was on the Thursday.I reckon I didn't contribute enough in the group discussion.That and I ended up giving the same answer to the personal question as someone else in the group.He answered right before me and I couldn't think of something new to say!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

u weren't on at 11.30 by any chance? i didnt hear anything either. i wonder if anyone from my group did get it. i though we were all fairly equal tbh

Ownleme wrote: »
    u weren't on at 11.30 by any chance? i didnt hear anything either. i wonder if anyone from my group did get it. i though we were all fairly equal tbh

I was on at 2.30 on Saturday. I am assuming all the successful candidates were notified today. Could be wrong though- hope I'm wrong;-)

I was on the Thursday.I reckon I didn't contribute enough in the group discussion.That and I ended up giving the same answer to the personal question as someone else in the group.He answered right before me and I couldn't think of something new to say!:(

Well I said...ahem...a bit too much...ahem!! Our ice breaker question was a career choice other than law (if money was no object). No-one said the same thing. What was your ice breaker question?

Yup, I was 11.30.I wonder if they pick a set amount from each group or if it's the best overall?

• Advertisement

Yup, I was 11.30.I wonder if they pick a set amount from each group or if it's the best overall?

Not sure. Any idea how many they interviewed overall in the 4 days?

think there was an interview at 12.30 on thurs and then if u were 2.30 on sat thats potentially 40 ppl a day. so 160 ppl overall? i guess not getting isnt so bad when u look at it like that. they said 40%of people who applied got interviewed but not sure how many applied. yeah i could see them not having picked anyone from our group tbh. i'd say it really depends on your group. if the group is good you'll bounce off eachother n all come out of it looking better. we got if u cud b present a moment in history what wud it be? dunno how many more pfos i can handle! not fun at all!

Hmmm, interesting question your group got- so it was what moment in history you would like to have been at? Tough enough one to answer on the spot!!!

Have you heard at all? Maybe we will hear tomorrow.

Agreed that pfos aren't fun-still waiting for one from LKS.

Oh jeez i said obama's acceptance speech. hardly history! also shocking answer considering black guy just before me said obama's speech from 2008 n how as a black man he was so proud of obama n all. i'd have preferred your question. still can't really think of a brilliant answer to our question. even now! although I can think of a better answer than I gave! no heard nothing. yeah I'd like to get the email altho there probably is no hope. I haven't heard anything from LKS either altho my one chance there is that they're dealing with 2013 ppl first. if it makes you feel any better I was talking to someone who said they did a group interview for them (maybe for a summer internship) n they were horrible!

Well you did your best. The Obama answer is likely to please the panel at least. My career choices were rather pedestrian - and I could't choose just one!!

No comfort for me re LKS as I applied for 2013. Oh well not sure I'd like a horrible interview panel, so maybe it is just as well!!!! Still surprised they didn't send the pfo, they have been prompt with that in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wannabe Solicitor

Had an interview with them last week and they said that they were interviewing all this week so we would probably hear by the end of this week or start of net week!

Thanks, they said something similar to me but wasn't sure if it was the end of last week or this week cos it seems like my interview was so long ago now!!

Have interviews with Fry and Dillon Eustace coming up, anybody have any hints?

I've done first round interviews with WF before, they are normally with two partners who you will normally be given the opportunity to meet if you go to the drinks evening the night before. In my opinion they interview panel are very friendly, they have a set list of qs, usually all competency based that they will ask. I don't think I was asked any commercial qs. Best of luck with the interviews!

from their brochure seems to be only one interview. did u get the email inviting u to the presentation? I'm gonna go. need to find out more about this 1page document they mentioned in the letter.

I didn't get any email invitation, did you have to rsvp to that? Do you mind me asking when you got the email?

got it on the 8th at 7pm. it said rsvp yeah

got it on the 8th at 7pm. it said rsvp yeah

Ok thanks!!

and there it is!

• Advertisement

and there it is!

There what is Ownleme? Got pfo from AC this am? What about you?

yeah the pfo

yeah the pfo

that is a pity Ownleme. Interesting pfo wasn't it. Good luck with your other interviews though.:)

yeah. it was kind of like an email break-up with the classic "it's not you it's me line". thanks

yeah. it was kind of like an email break-up with the classic "it's not you it's me line". thanks

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Onanon

Are Goodbody doing a drinks reception this year for interviewees? Haven't heard anything on it.

Onanon wrote: »
    Are Goodbody doing a drinks reception this year for interviewees? Haven't heard anything on it.

Not exactly....think it's just the presentation at their offices for those in Dublin universities that is on tonight! But I think they sent invitations by email to that.

yeah maybe it's for ppl from dublin universities who got interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Onanon

Got an interview with them, but I'm not from a Dublin University. I'm in Dublin at the moment, however. Going to give them a bell.

• Advertisement

aw yeah i'd say you can defo go. they're not gonna turn u away like!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement