Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

CPW in Navan just told me the deal is only 50% off on add ons to the €36 variety pack.
    So the minimum would be €36, and discounts only apply after that.

I just found the CPW pricing flyer from an earlier post, so back to them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I went into CPW on Tuesday and the offer was still running but the salesperson didn't know for how long more. It was €36 a month for variety and sports. I didn't ask about HD.

I'm gonna ring Sky tomorrow to see if they will match that and cancel if not and go to CPW and sign up using a different account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

clancger wrote: »
    CPW in Navan just told me the deal is only 50% off on add ons to the €36 variety pack.
    So the minimum would be €36, and discounts only apply after that.

I just found the CPW pricing flyer from an earlier post, so back to them tomorrow

Let us know how you get on. What does the flyer say?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It was €36 a month for variety and sports. I didn't ask about HD.
    There's a lot of confusion out there regarding how the offers/costs are worked out. When this offer came out initially I asked a Sky rep about it and this is what I was told.

First up you have to take the HD (which is €15) with one of the following packs.
    The variety pack is free. (total monthly cost with HD = €15)
    The Sports pack is half price - €18 (total monthly cost with HD = €33)
    The movies are full price - €28 (total monthly cost with HD = €43)
    The movies when taken with the half price sports are €9. (total monthly cost with HD = €42 for movies, sports and variety)

The whole emphasis of the offer is to get people to take up the HD and hopefully a large percentage of those people will retain it when the offer/contract period expires after 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

muffler wrote: »
    There's a lot of confusion out there regarding how the offers/costs are worked out. When this offer came out initially I asked a Sky rep about it and this is what I was told.

First up you have to take the HD (which is €15) with one of the following packs.
    The variety pack is free. (total monthly cost with HD = €15)
    The Sports pack is half price - €18 (total monthly cost with HD = €33)
    The movies are full price - €28 (total monthly cost with HD = €43)
    The movies when taken with the half price sports are €9. (total monthly cost with HD = €42 for movies, sports and variety)

The whole emphasis of the offer is to get people to take up the HD and hopefully a large percentage of those people will retain it when the offer/contract period expires after 12 months.

The CPW offer was cheaper than that!

Sky reps were mystified to the CPW offer as I spoke to several before I had to physically call into a CPW store to avail of their cheapest prices.

I have full set of channels with all sports plus HD except for movies for €32 per month.

• Advertisement

The CPW offer was cheaper than that!
    That was the CPW deal I was referring to. :)

I have full set of channels with all sports plus HD except for movies for €32 per month.
    You have it for a Euro cheaper than everyone else so

THE CPW offer I referenced can be viewed in the PDF below

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

When I went into CPW 10 days ago, the girl showed me the options available for the special offers. So go in and ask. €36 for variety is normal price. CPW have it for €18, which the options added on afterwards as I said earlier. It's for 12 months. I think it's a great price. I see now that Sky HD offers are similar. Isn't it amazing what turns up when there's competition? But you have to point it out to them.
    I wouldn't recommend ringing up Sky looking for these offers. I enquired as a 'prospective' customer and the sales guy had nothing to offer even after putting me on hold to 'talk to his manager'. I know it's different if you're already a customer so retentions will want to talk to you. I found much better success as a new customer talking to Sky in the booth in the shopping centre and having a CPW offer in your back pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

As existing Sky customer can I go into CPW and get the half price deal? Just back off my hols and my deal expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

As existing Sky customer can I go into CPW and get the half price deal? Just back off my hols and my deal expired.

first of all you need to put in your cancellation

You have to be a new customer or have not had a Sky sub in the last 12 months. If the offer is still available then you could try it in the partner's / wife's name but as stated you would need to cancel your own sub first.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Follow up from a cancellation last week.
    Was offered a six month deal with no contract on my "old full half price tariff".
    Going away for a couple of weeks so took it.
    He even back dated it to start from when the extra payment kicked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

This post has been deleted.

Any time I've called them on the 0818 number it cost the same as a local call. I can't see how they're makng "serious monies" as you put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

jca wrote: »
    Any time I've called them on the 0818 number it cost the same as a local call. I can't see how they're makng "serious monies" as you put it.

Just fyi, you can also request a callback from the Sky.ie website, under contact us.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Just fyi, you can also request a callback from the Sky.ie website, under contact us.

If it ever gets to the stage where I can't afford to make a 0818 phone call I'll have ditched sky long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Here's my long-winded account of a Sky Cancellation Deal ( or lack of )
    I just rang Sky on behalf of a family member who wanted to reduce their bill. They have been with Sky for over 15 years and had an €8 loyalty discount on their account.

They were paying €71 a month for:
    -Sky Variety Bundle @ €36
    -Sky Movies @ €22
    -HD Pack @ €15

Got through to the loyalty / cancellation department and spoke to 'not a very nice' member of customer service. The best offer he could give me was another €10 off the bill to reduce it to €61 per month ( i told him of the CPW offer and he was having none of it! ). I told him no thanks, that I had a 50% discount myself and was hoping for something similar for my relative.

The guy warned me off against cancelling the subscription and getting another family member to sign up with the CPW new customer offer - he said if anyone attempts to get Sky back at the same location then the original account will be re-activated as they have the address on file for 12 months after cancellation. He also said if i was to cancel the subscription all discounts would be lost.

More interestingly he told me that in the past Sky would have sometimes rang customers back with a " special offer " before the 31 day cancellation period was finished - he said categorically that this would not happen.

In the end I told him we wanted to cancel regardless and he was more than happy to oblige. As a customer of 15 years my relative was disgusted with the token discount was offered compared to new customers special signing up deals. We will wait and see..

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I'm delighted with the CPW half price offer for the forthcoming year. I won't worry about the year after could be dead by then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Here's my long-winded account of a Sky Cancellation Deal ( or lack of )
    I just rang Sky on behalf of a family member who wanted to reduce their bill. They have been with Sky for over 15 years and had an €8 loyalty discount on their account.

They were paying €71 a month for:
    -Sky Variety Bundle @ €36
    -Sky Movies @ €22
    -HD Pack @ €15

Got through to the loyalty / cancellation department and spoke to 'not a very nice' member of customer service. The best offer he could give me was another €10 off the bill to reduce it to €61 per month ( i told him of the CPW offer and he was having none of it! ). I told him no thanks, that I had a 50% discount myself and was hoping for something similar for my relative.

The guy warned me off against cancelling the subscription and getting another family member to sign up with the CPW new customer offer - he said if anyone attempts to get Sky back at the same location then the original account will be re-activated as they have the address on file for 12 months after cancellation. He also said if i was to cancel the subscription all discounts would be lost.

More interestingly he told me that in the past Sky would have sometimes rang customers back with a " special offer " before the 31 day cancellation period was finished - he said categorically that this would not happen.

In the end I told him we wanted to cancel regardless and he was more than happy to oblige. As a customer of 15 years my relative was disgusted with the token discount was offered compared to new customers special signing up deals. We will wait and see..

Dude, take no heed of that sales guy. Just cancel.

It bugs me why people ring and actually have a conversation with these people,
    Don't understand why you thought ringing for a good discount would work.
    When im hoping boxes i ring and cancel and say leaving the country with work for 6 months, that saves giving me the 2 or 3 offers and keeping me on phone for half an hour, now it take 5 min Max,
    I will have signed up to another deal on another box in the previous hour.
    Sky as a whole doesn't care, this employee is just on a power trip.

Ive been jumping my 2 boxes for 5 years now, always 50% of hooks me.

Lastly, with the price of sky now, i think the half price is only what is worth, and if they get suckers for full price or HD it's a bonus.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

P_Cash wrote: »

When im hoping boxes i ring and cancel and say leaving the country with work for 6 months, that saves giving me the 2 or 3 offers and keeping me on phone for half an hour, now it take 5 min Max,

Lastly, with the price of sky now, i think the half price is only what is worth, and if they get suckers for full price or HD it's a bonus.

Regards

I agree its only worth it with 50% off. We are paying more for less every year with premiership and heineken cup divided between them now. I have my discount so im happy enough but it pisses me off that my relative has been paying full whack all this time, hence the phonecall on their behalf. In the end i did cancel because its not worth the money. We will see if they come back with an offer. If not then nothing lost.

0818 is national rate, whatever the hell that means?

If they are not making money from it, why don't they publish a standard landline number?

Maybe they make money from the 0818 number because these numbers aren't included in the free calls to landlines in phone plans. Similar to those text numbers radio stations use.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

jca wrote: »

It costs the same as a local call but is never covered in packages that give free local calls or X number of minutes of calls

Its a revenue-share number so they do get paid for inbound calls; not as much as the staff cost to pay though.

Regards

Hi. Did Sky actually allow you,as an existing Customer, to join again as a new customer BEFORE you cancelled your existing account? I thought they absolutely did not allow this & even clamped down on partners closing one account to open another new deal account at the same address?
    Sounds good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

rosieirl wrote: »
    Hi. Did Sky actually allow you,as an existing Customer, to join again as a new customer BEFORE you cancelled your existing account? I thought they absolutely did not allow this & even clamped down on partners closing one account to open another new deal account at the same address?
    Sounds good though.

They don't allow you if you tell them your doing it.

They don't allow you if you tell them your doing it.

But surely it's all the system there on the computer screen in front of them? Sorry if this is off topic/asking for tips on how to stretch the rules but I can't see how they don't know it's the same customer when so many posts above say Sky clamp down on new names/accounts for the same address.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Anyone getting offered more than 20% off when cancelling?? Been on 50% off everything for 18 months now, rang to cancel earlier got the usual chat etc offered 20% said no to expensive fire ahead and cancel put on hold again expecting better offer except got the usual scare mongering about it been a once off offer you'll never get it again etc etc and thats tge best they can do! Going to ring back later and push it through waiting to get another 50% offer code from friend of a friend first

Whats with them saying they wont connect another acount to the address for 12 months? Thats not workable at all how they dont laugh saying it ill never know

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Listen guys, it's one per household.

If you had rental property you could have several accounts, one name same bank account.

I always use same address, slightly different name, same bank account.

I can't help those who choose to be 100% honest to sky,

I ask you though do you think it's fair that in the last 2 years we had 50% off for new entrants for 12 months.

Or same if not better deal for cancellations,

Did they ever ring you while paying top price and say here's a discount, lol. . .

Every man for himself,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Listen guys, it's one per household.

If you had rental property you could have several accounts, one name same bank account.

I always use same address, slightly different name, same bank account.

I can't help those who choose to be 100% honest to sky,

I ask you though do you think it's fair that in the last 2 years we had 50% off for new entrants for 12 months.

Or same if not better deal for cancellations,

Did they ever ring you while paying top price and say here's a discount, lol. . .

Every man for himself,

Probably better off keeping it to yourself while its working , if its gets too widespread I'm sure sky will find a way of stopping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

gaving wrote: »

Whats with them saying they wont connect another acount to the address for 12 months? Thats not workable at all how they dont laugh saying it ill never know

Well when postcodes come in next year that'll be when they'll flatly refuse another sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Well when postcodes come in next year that'll be when they'll flatly refuse another sub.

That will be interesting alright if cancelling say your moving abroad to work surely they won't refuse anltger customer regardless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Just change your name slightly and/or address.
    Example
    John Smith
    2 The New road
    Balbriggan.

Next time
    J N Smith
    The New Road Number 2
    Co Balbriggan

&

Mr John Norris Smith
    Mr J Norris Smith
    Mr J N A Smith