Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I'm an ex sky customer I never hear from them, probably because I've no landline and my mobile blocks private numbers :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

jca wrote: »
    It's worth it for the fiver but too much anything over that. It really should be free at this stage.

I signed up for it the other day mainly because i got a new huge HD tv and wanted to take advantage of the picture. The fact that the boxsets are included definitely makes it worth the 7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

I'm an ex sky customer I never hear from them, probably because I've no landline and my mobile blocks private numbers :)

do you not get post? Get something from them at least once a month since leaving last year, 10 months half price offer came last week

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Is there any way to cancel without ringing sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

gotthebug wrote: »

No. You can PM them on the 'Talk to Sky' thread and ask them to call you at a convenient time, but you cannot cancel via email.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I signed up for it the other day mainly because i got a new huge HD tv and wanted to take advantage of the picture. The fact that the boxsets are included definitely makes it worth the 7.50

Is the 5 euro deal finished?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Is the 5 euro deal finished?

There was no chance they were giving it to me for 5 quid. I tried on the phone and on live chat and even said i was thinking about leaving to go to UPC for their free HD, i wont fall out with them over 2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 45,868 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No. You can PM them on the 'Talk to Sky' thread and ask them to call you at a convenient time, but you cannot cancel via email.
    In a roundabout way you can cancel without having to call them but you still have to talk to them on the phone though. I dont have it here but a search of the help section of their web site will show a contact email address and if a cancellation notice is sent via that they will call you back.

In saying all that its much easier, as you suggested, to post in the Sky talk to forum and request a call back.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Got offer 15% off for 9months no contract so went through with the cancellation and was told then that that was my final offer and it would not be offered again after the call.do people actually believe what these agents say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

There was no chance they were giving it to me for 5 quid. I tried on the phone and on live chat and even said i was thinking about leaving to go to UPC for their free HD, i wont fall out with them over 2.50

Still advertised at 5euro on the website. I would've persisted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Got offer 15% off for 9months no contract so went through with the cancellation and was told then that that was my final offer and it would not be offered again after the call.do people actually believe what these agents say

They're bluffing. Play hardball. If enough do, then they will notice the cancellations, and address the issue, most likely by offering deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Signed onto my account there as an existing customer and can add HD/Box sets for €7.50 for 12 months... 2 quick questions:

- Is that the current price? Don't see anything about €5
    - Is that a 12 month contract that you commit to? I currently have a deal with no minimum contract terms

Cheers :)

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Signed onto my account there as an existing customer and can add HD/Box sets for €7.50 for 12 months... 2 quick questions:

- Is that the current price? Don't see anything about €5
    - Is that a 12 month contract that you commit to? I currently have a deal with no minimum contract terms

Cheers :)

I think the €5 hd offer is expired. If you had HD before you won't enter another contract. If you're a first time hd customer it does entail entering a new 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I think the €5 hd offer is expired. If you had HD before you won't enter another contract. If you're a first time hd customer it does entail entering a new 12 month contract.

I did, but cancelled it under the overall renegotiation last year.. but it would be nice to have it back with my new TV :) Feck it.. I'll add it and work it out down the line if it comes to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

What is the best way to get the best deal from Sky ?

We have been customers for 12 years. I don't really want to cancel outright and start again etc.

Our ideal Package is Variety Pack with Movies and HD. That comes to €82 per month with is too much for us.

At the moment we have Variety Pack with HD which is €54 after cancelling the Movies following 12 months of Movies on half price.

Are there any deals for existing customers ?

Was talking to a Sky person in Tesco last week but he had a seemingly very convoluted way which involved cancelling everything and then starting again in my husband's name etc which I don't want to do.

All advice welcome.

SusanC10 wrote: »
    What is the best way to get the best deal from Sky ?

We have been customers for 12 years. I don't really want to cancel outright and start again etc.

Our ideal Package is Variety Pack with Movies and HD. That comes to €82 per month with is too much for us.

At the moment we have Variety Pack with HD which is €54 after cancelling the Movies following 12 months of Movies on half price.

Are there any deals for existing customers ?

Was talking to a Sky person in Tesco last week but he had a seemingly very convoluted way which involved cancelling everything and then starting again in my husband's name etc which I don't want to do.

All advice welcome.

Cance cancel cancel......says the man who chickened out on the phone, but in my defence I'm getting variety+movies+HD( your desired package) for €69 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Our cancellation took effect st the beginning of February - still waiting for a call back to entice us...

We want the original package, HD and multi-room (to cover an additional tv) for €30. If not, the OH won't be watching much F1 this year.

The best offer we got before we disconnected was €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

The just offered me Variety at 19.50 for 9 months. No contract. Plus 50 Euro in my Sky account. I turned it down. Will stick with the freeview for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I'm on variety, multi, hd & movies and they offered me a 15% reduction from the 104 bill...really didn't budge on that. I'll be cancelling once the hour goes forward ! Told them i'd be happy to stay if they could go to 40% discount but they said no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Called sky to cancel, was only offered 15% off the original bundle and I declined and went through with the cancellation. When I got off the phone I checked the sky service app and there was an offer of 50% off for 6 months with a 12 month contact.

If I don't accept this offer is it likely to improve? Might I get offered 12 months half price if I wait til closer the end of my 31 days notice period?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Anyone managed to get a free / cheap HD box out of Sky? The folks just got a new TV, but still have an old white box.

It's €200 on their website which is ridiculous for a box they hand out for free to new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

loyatemu wrote: »
    Anyone managed to get a free / cheap HD box out of Sky? The folks just got a new TV, but still have an old white box.

It's €200 on their website which is ridiculous for a box they hand out for free to new customers.

Get one off adverts for about €25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Get one off adverts for about €25

I remember my folks getting stung a few 100 euros for a new box when they had to upgrade it ....I couldn't believe it customers for over 15 years...but their decision

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Might I get offered 12 months half price if I wait til closer the end of my 31 days notice period?

That would be some offer if you got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

okidoki987 wrote:
    That would be some offer if you got it!

I had it before and so did a lot of other people

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Just realised my half price TV deal finished today! means I'm a month late putting in cancellation order!

eye off the ball there... I thought we had it for 12 months turns out it was only 10 months... wife did the deal!

On the phone to them now. 12 mins so far, been put on hold!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

he came straight back and told me he would bring the tv down from 93.50 to 63.50

told him half price or nothing. he was quite determined not for me to cancel but in fairness I got it all done within 20 minutes. There were no further offers back from him

He told me, I will never get a deal from Sky again.

We'll see about that :)

The wait commences

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

i got disconnected 21/12/15 still no call. not missing it one bit though missing gp this weekend will be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We disconnected 12 February, still no call. OH is making me call Sky tomorrow as F1 starts this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Isnt F1 is on channel 4 this year?

Advertisement