Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

GY A1 wrote: »
    was put on hold about 4 times aswell
    i said look just cancel i cant wait on the fone all day

Especially when those calls aren't free, or cheap.. they will usually call you straight back if you ask though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

After 2 weeks of unanswered calls,Sky sent me a letter: Half price Sky Sports for 12 months with a free Samsung 32" TV or half price on any package for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

zerks wrote: »
    After 2 weeks of unanswered calls,Sky sent me a letter: Half price Sky Sports for 12 months with a free Samsung 32" TV or half price on any package for 12 months.

wow giving away free tvs! - BT must really be hurting them!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

Was in CPW today, variety pack is available on this deal for another €7.

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

dubal wrote: »

Dubal

nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,876 ✭✭✭✭muffler

zerks wrote: »
    I assume the sports only is half price...you pay full price for the basic pack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I have a dilemma..

Initially signed up for eircom fibre and TV for €25 for the first 6 months but the TV is crap and the box/EPG nearly useless.
    What was the problem with the TV? I've heard that the EPG is poor, but what else is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

muffler wrote: »
    I assume the sports only is half price...you pay full price for the basic pack?

I seen this deal, its sky sports half price for three months and pay full price on any pack after that, to get the "free TV" they're doing it for first 500 people who come back to sky.
    Or, on the same letter, they're offering any pack half price for 12months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Gotya wrote: »
    I seen this deal, its sky sports half price for three months and pay full price on any pack after that, to get the "free TV" they're doing it for first 500 people who come back to sky.
    Or, on the same letter, they're offering any pack half price for 12months.

A 32" TV is only around 200-250 euro these days so I imagine the half price TV would probably save you move in the long run.

RainyDay wrote: »
    What was the problem with the TV? I've heard that the EPG is poor, but what else is wrong?

EPG is near useless, navigation is slow and completely unintuitive, and the box will randomly complain that it's not connected to the broadband it's registered to (which it is) resulting in no channels until you reboot it once or twice. Also seems to get very warm as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

dubal wrote: »

Dubal

€9 i was told

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    €9 i was told

prob makes sense as original is normally €29 and variety is €38

• Registered Users Posts: 17 invalidkey

Been on the CPW deal 15 a month, requested a callback to cancel today was offered the 19 a moth original deal - declined then they started on with this junk that it's cheaper at 19 a month with them than watching Saorview as from next month i'll get a saorview bill for 250 euro per annum. Anybody have info on how they're allowed spout that nonsense?
    Next up was half price 9 months despite me going on like a broken record cancel cancel cancel
    Sorted now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

invalidkey wrote: »
    from next month i'll get a saorview bill for 250 euro per annum
    :) cheeky bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Been on the CPW deal 15 a month, requested a callback to cancel today was offered the 19 a moth original deal - declined then they started on with this junk that it's cheaper at 19 a month with them than watching Saorview as from next month i'll get a saorview bill for 250 euro per annum. Anybody have info on how they're allowed spout that nonsense?
    Next up was half price 9 months despite me going on like a broken record cancel cancel cancel
    Sorted now!

I'd ask them for their full name and ask where they are based. I would ask them then to clarify what they mean, ask where they got that information and then tell them I would like a copy of the recording of the conversation, as I am going to report them to Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,876 ✭✭✭✭muffler

then they started on with this junk that it's cheaper at 19 a month with them than watching Saorview as from next month i'll get a saorview bill for 250 euro per annum. Anybody have info on how they're allowed spout that nonsense?
    I would strongly suggest you open a thread on this point in their Talk To Forum here on Boards.

Seems like every now and then a particular agent will throw wee porkies into the conversation just to get you swayed a little. Not good enough if thats the training regime they have in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

kooga wrote: »
    Entertainment is that original or variety?

Sorry, the variety, I.e. Not the basic package

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

i'll get a saorview bill for 250 euro per annum. Anybody have info on how they're allowed spout that nonsense?

I'm not too sure how they're allowed do this but the guy I had on the phone claimed that saorview installers are illegally using their dishes to install saorview (that's right, dishes on a terrestrial service)

He also said that they would be issuing a software update next month to stop saorview boxes (no mention of the illegal ones) from using their satellite dishes

The best part is that the dishes are communal based as we are living in an apartment!!!

How in gods name can they spout such nonsense?

So it's the day that I'm meant to get cut off and nothing from them.. Should I wait it out or ring and negotiate? :)

I'm not really pushed either way. All I really want it for is the basic RTE channels. The rest I can get on Freesat or elsewhere, and I've a query in with the estate agent about a Saorview aerial for the apartment block

So it's the day that I'm meant to get cut off and nothing from them.. Should I wait it out or ring and negotiate? :)

I'm not really pushed either way. All I really want it for is the basic RTE channels. The rest I can get on Freesat or elsewhere, and I've a query in with the estate agent about a Saorview aerial for the apartment block

hold tough you will at least have uk fta channels to tide you over. wait for the service to go off and maybe check your my sky to see if any offers have come into your inbox.

Don't blink now and keep the faith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Called into CPW and the €15 pm deal was last months. They said this months is €38 for sports & movies package.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Called into CPW and the €15 pm deal was last months. They said this months is €38 for sports & movies package.

tks. its original sports and movies for €38.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

If you are not pushed and only want the free channels then definitely wait!!

No matter what they come back with there will be cost where as what you said you want is free!!!
    Put the monthly sky money aside for a treat??

I would even say in your circumstances dont take the next offer sky give you and see they come with an offer of free for a few months and they you have the pause/record etc

macjohn wrote: »
    If you are not pushed and only want the free channels then definitely wait!!

No matter what they come back with there will be cost where as what you said you want is free!!!
    Put the monthly sky money aside for a treat??

I would even say in your circumstances dont take the next offer sky give you and see they come with an offer of free for a few months and they you have the pause/record etc

I've no problem paying for a Freesat HD Recorder (they're about €100 on eBay or less if you can live with only a single feed), but the problem I have is Saorview isn't available without an aerial and the reply I actually just got from the EA says there's none installed.

So either way it looks like I'll have to pay Sky if I want the basic Irish channels.

I've no problem paying for a Freesat HD Recorder (they're about €100 on eBay or less if you can live with only a single feed), but the problem I have is Saorview isn't available without an aerial and the reply I actually just got from the EA says there's none installed.

So either way it looks like I'll have to pay Sky if I want the basic Irish channels.

who is the EA?

you can pick saorview up with rabits ears depending on where you live

Seve OB wrote: »
    who is the EA?

you can pick saorview up with rabits ears depending on where you live

EA = estate agent.

Tried an indoor aerial but no joy. It worked fine when I was living in Dublin but not since I moved to "the sticks" :)

EA = estate agent.

Tried an indoor aerial but no joy. It worked fine when I was living in Dublin but not since I moved to "the sticks" :)

so stick an outdoor aerial up?

i hooked one up off the arm holding my sky dish to the house and it works perfect. pick them up for maybe 20 quid or so

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Went to ring just now to cancel as the €15 CPW deal finishes for me in 31 days. Thought I'd use the golden pages free call trick and the feckin thing not available anymore.
    May wait till later when the wife is home and use her free calls phone as I am not using up all my PAYG credit as I believe this call could be a lengthy one

Berberis wrote: »
    Went to ring just now to cancel as the €15 CPW deal finishes for me in 31 days. Thought I'd use the golden pages free call trick and the feckin thing not available anymore.
    May wait till later when the wife is home and use her free calls phone as I am not using up all my PAYG credit as I believe this call could be a lengthy one

Send them a message and they will call you back.

Is your wife's free calls phone paid by someone else? Cause the number is not available on and included minutes deal as it is none of them low call numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Seve OB wrote: »
    Send them a message and they will call you back.

Is your wife's free calls phone paid by someone else? Cause the number is not available on and included minutes deal as it is none of them low call numbers.

Too late to use the sky Ireland forum. Wifes phone has free landline and mobile calls and as far as I know the 0818 numbers on vodafone bill pay are classed as calls to landlines as per your deal tarrif

Advertisement