Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Rang earlier to cancel took almost an hour of listening to waffle.
    On variety. And best they offered was original at 20 euro for 9 months and contract for a year.
    Said no thanks cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Ok was thinking of switching to Eircom for broadband and tv. Currently with sky for tv only, so called to enquire about cancelling and they offered basic sky pack with hd and broadband for 50 euro 6 months then after 6 months 103euro. Not really a great deal imo . Has anyone got a broadband and tv deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

meath4sam wrote: »
    Ok was thinking of switching to Eircom for broadband and tv. Currently with sky for tv only, so called to enquire about cancelling and they offered basic sky pack with hd and broadband for 50 euro 6 months then after 6 months 103euro. Not really a great deal imo . Has anyone got a broadband and tv deal.

Are you out of contact? If yes cancel and say going to eircom not sure what their triple bundle price is though with them
    New customer with sky triple bundle is 49 € pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

I have variety pack, sports, movies, HD and broadband with sky for 79e p/m for nine months, I got it earlier this year after cancelling so i'll be ringing to cancel again shortly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Heading to CPWH tomorrow to see what the best deal I can get is. Hope it's as good as what peeps mention on here. Just looking for Variety + Sports and maybe HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Rang up to cancel my tv as Im out of contract with tv and broadband.

After much haggleing got free upgrade to fibre,variety pack and HD pack for €48 until Febuary.
    1 year contract on Fibre,no contract on tv.

Was told to call back in January to discuss tv package again.

Not too shabby for tv,bb and phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

kooga wrote: »
    Are you out of contact? If yes cancel and say going to eircom not sure what their triple bundle price is though with them
    New customer with sky triple bundle is 49 € pm

You cant transfer a sky line to sky though. And if you cancel the line you'll be without it for 2 months at least.

Just got original + sports + movies for 38 in car phone warehouse.

HD would have been an extra tenner but left it off for now.

Happy days.

• Advertisement

Happy days.

I was paying 38 just for variety. That's why I cancelled

Be sure to use a different name, phone number and bank details. And tweak the address slightly, like if its 28, put it as 28A or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Called to "cancel" spent less than 10 mins on the phone, and got the e19/m deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Happy days.

May get on that so. I wonder could ya swap movies for HD :P?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Be sure to use a different name, phone number and bank details. And tweak the address slightly, like if its 28, put it as 28A or whatever.

CPWH only seem to offer deals with the original pack which doesn't have music, kids or docs
    so paying for a few subscrip channels (and sky+ options) and mainly channels that are free

IMHO Original is crazy dear for what you get.
    better off going to sky themselves and get variety bundle

I'm mainly just interested in the sport and the FTA channels anyway, can't have sports without the other. No kids or music channels necessary. I use wikipedia for my history :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Rang up to cancel my tv as Im out of contract with tv and broadband.

After much haggleing got free upgrade to fibre,variety pack and HD pack for €48 until Febuary.
    1 year contract on Fibre,no contract on tv.

Was told to call back in January to discuss tv package again.

Not too shabby for tv,bb and phone.

Sounds like the offer I got. Does it go up to 103 euro after 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Sounds like the offer I got. Does it go up to 103 euro after 6 months

I called to cancel, was paying 84€ for Entertainment+, HD and sports, they offered me 52 for 10 months and a1 year contract......is that good or should I go through to cancellations? Will I get a better deal?

ctlsleh wrote: »
    I called to cancel, was paying 84€ for Entertainment+, HD and sports, they offered me 52 for 10 months and a1 year contract......is that good or should I go through to cancellations? Will I get a better deal?

can you tell us what you got for €84 and what you are getting for €52

If you're calling to cancel, CANCEL. Give your 31 days notice.

You get better deals when in the cancellation stage. And you can always call up in between the 31 days and take an offer. Or better yet wait for it to be completely cut off and call up on the day it's cut off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have a dilemma..

Initially signed up for eircom fibre and TV for €25 for the first 6 months but the TV is crap and the box/EPG nearly useless. There was a dish in place so I hooked up a Sky box to that and it was mostly ok - except that there's a load of trees behind the apartment block that causes fairly regular interference with the signal (the box will eventually stop responding until rebooted) and moving the dish higher up the block isn't an option (lucky it's there at all really)

Had taken a sub out with Sky with the idea of cancelling the eircom TV but it seems I'll need to buy myself out of that (fair enough). Can't get Saorview though so will need one or the other for the basics. At the moment I've cancelled the Sky on the grounds of the reception (gets cut off next week) but thinking of just downgrading to the basic/variety and living with the intermittent freezing. Alternatively could get a Freesat box and stick with eircom but their box really isn't up to standard.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

is that a 2 year contract with eircom, how much to get of it ?

if you can't move your dish would a bigger dish help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

donegal. wrote: »
    is that a 2 year contract with eircom, how much to get of it ?

if you can't move your dish would a bigger dish help ?

€100 to cancel apparently. 18 month contract. Don't know if a bigger dish would work. Sky did send out a guy to have a look but he reckons the only way would be to thin trees (not likely to happen) or move the dish higher up the block (also not likely as that'd mean drilling into someone else's wall)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

kooga wrote: »
    can you tell us what you got for €84 and what you are getting for €52

As mentioned I had Entertainment +, SPORTS and HD package, only 1 box.......was paying €84 per month, they offered €52 for the same package for 10months and a new 1 year package, should I go through with cancellation?
    Would I get a better deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The original, sports and movies offer with CPW looks very nice.

I am currently on original at 29 per month, but have a 6 month deal ending next month with movies and sports for 20. So effectively paying 49 for the same deal, but not sure if that will last any longer than October.

If I were to cancel, could my wife sign up for the CPW sky deal? Would we have to wait 31 days? Anyone know how long the offer is valid for?

Have I anything to lose by cancelling, with the intention of either a) taking an offer or b) wife signing up for a new account.

The original, sports and movies offer with CPW looks very nice.

I am currently on original at 29 per month, but have a 6 month deal ending next month with movies and sports for 20. So effectively paying 49 for the same deal, but not sure if that will last any longer than October.

If I were to cancel, could my wife sign up for the CPW sky deal? Would we have to wait 31 days? Anyone know how long the offer is valid for?

Have I anything to lose by cancelling, with the intention of either a) taking an offer or b) wife signing up for a new account.

Have your wife sign up, but just use a different phone number and bank account. Tweak your address to be extra sure.

For example

1 Example Road
    Unnamed Town
    Co. Cork

1A Example Rd
    Unnamed
    Cork

The address is only important for getting the viewing card and the installation dude will ring anyway to look for directions if he can't figure it out.

ctlsleh wrote: »
    As mentioned I had Entertainment +, SPORTS and HD package, only 1 box.......was paying €84 per month, they offered €52 for the same package for 10months and a new 1 year package, should I go through with cancellation?
    Would I get a better deal?

Entertainment is that original or variety?

when i rang to cancel i said it was way too dear and cancel
    but also that carphone had deal for half price compared what he offered me,
    they said if u cancel and sign up there that might be fraud LOL :rolleyes:

Have your wife sign up, but just use a different phone number and bank account. Tweak your address to be extra sure.

For example

1 Example Road
    Unnamed Town
    Co. Cork

1A Example Rd
    Unnamed
    Cork

The address is only important for getting the viewing card and the installation dude will ring anyway to look for directions if he can't figure it out.

GY A1 wrote: »
    when i rang to cancel i said it was way too dear and cancel
    but also that carphone had deal for half price compared what he offered me,
    they said if u cancel and sign up there that might be fraud LOL :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Watch out, the police be knocking on your door. Be like a scene from Straight Outta Compton.

• Advertisement

was put on hold about 4 times aswell
    i said look just cancel i cant wait on the fone all day

Advertisement