Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I have a friend who wants to sign up as a new customer - do all Carphone Warehouses have this Sky offer?

i would imagine, but best bet would be to ring and check

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭sheroman01

kooga wrote: »
    car phone warehouse have two offers for sky

original for €15 a month 12 month contract

original movies and sports for €38 a month 12 month contract

thanks. does it include HD, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 invalidkey

dinneenp wrote: »
    How slick us the interface compared to Sky? I think that's the main reason that a lot of people stay with sky; very easy, use friendly interface.

2nd this - both parents and myself are on the €15 deal They've called twice and now actually cancelled - 1st offer was stay as you are for €25 no contract but yesterday it was downgrade to original hd for €26.50 12month contract - resulting in them giving notice.
    Now the pressure is on I must find them a freesat/saorview tv with pause record etc with everything on the one remote control - no sources to be selecting and ideally an epg or favourites with both freesat/soarview combined. Currently trawling the tech area reading over people's experiences - must have a look in shops too at TVs and see what's local.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    thanks. does it include HD, no?

no. it is €10 extra

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Two weeks today since Sky was cut off and sign of any offers, Kids starting to give me hassle.
    Was expecting Sky to be all over us to come back and a bit surprised no contact from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

invalidkey wrote: »
    2nd this - both parents and myself are on the €15 deal They've called twice and now actually cancelled - 1st offer was stay as you are for €25 no contract but yesterday it was downgrade to original hd for €26.50 12month contract - resulting in them giving notice.
    Now the pressure is on I must find them a freesat/saorview tv with pause record etc with everything on the one remote control - no sources to be selecting and ideally an epg or favourites with both freesat/soarview combined. Currently trawling the tech area reading over people's experiences - must have a look in shops too at TVs and see what's local.

I think your best option is a TV with Saorview tuner built in and an official freesat box as both official Saorview and official Freesat have 7 day EPG and freesat interface is simple and clear to use

Only problem they would have to use the tv remote for Saorview and Freesat remote for the sat box, this always mixes my parents up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

jspuds wrote: »
    Two weeks today since Sky was cut off and sign of any offers, Kids starting to give me hassle.
    Was expecting Sky to be all over us to come back and a bit surprised no contact from them

Ring them up and say you just got a call from someone from Sky about coming back but got cut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I think your best option is a TV with Saorview tuner built in and an official freesat box as both official Saorview and official Freesat have 7 day EPG and freesat interface is simple and clear to use

Only problem they would have to use the tv remote for Saorview and Freesat remote for the sat box, this always mixes my parents up :)

And you can't pause rewind the Saorview.

That's the best solution from epg perspective but I'm on a strict brief for one remote control - the sky was only finally mastered when the tv remote was hidden :) it might have to go that road - the latest chats on here titled "new combi box or tv with saorview & sat tuners?" does indicate the difficulty in having access to official freesat full epg (uk setting) and saorview full epg even on different lists within the one tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

I must find them a freesat/saorview tv with pause record etc with everything on the one remote control -

what size of tv ?

• Advertisement

donegal. wrote: »
    what size of tv ?

26-28 ideally possibly even a 32. I must a measuring tape to the wall (currently 26 non saorview flatscreen tv)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

jca wrote: »
    And you can't pause rewind the Saorview.

Stick a usb key/hdd and you can do it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Lads, i want Sky, multiroom and sports hd pack. Possibly Broadband.

Was waiting patiently for a Groupon offer but she doesn't seem to be coming.

What's the best offer out there at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

26-28 ideally possibly even a 32. I must a measuring tape to the wall (currently 26 non saorview flatscreen tv)

i'll not derail this thread any more with tv recommendations.
    theres very little choice in that screen size for freesat/saorview tvs. Theres a brillant sony 32"w70c. its fairly high end, full hd smart etc so its a bit pricey , around €420 delivered from richer sounds.
    theres also a walker 32" but i dont know much about this one.

(Also you can pause/rewind/record on ALL saorview tvs and boxes.)

Lads, i want Sky, multiroom and sports hd pack. Possibly Broadband.

Was waiting patiently for a Groupon offer but she doesn't seem to be coming.

What's the best offer out there at the moment?
    i would say the car phone warehouse they seem to have a lot of flexibility with sky

Stick a usb key/hdd and you can do it:)

Maybe I'm doing it incorrectly but I just get "unavailable " when I try it on either of my Samsung tv's.

I signed up for the half price Carphone warehouse deal last year. I called today to close the account and I was referred to two ladies (Irish) one of them offered me same package sports and entertainment without HD and without Sports 2,3 & 4 for €40.

I said no, then a 3rd guy (Irish man from Cork) offered me same pack I have (sports world, HD) all for €44 for next 9 months and no contract.

I was very happy with this offer so I'm staying on for 9 months. Chap was very nice he told me to call in another 9 months and see what they can do then. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got a call last week offering me 6 months free and 6 at half price but my wife has a half price contract so didn't bother.
    Told them to call me in 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Got a call last week offering me 6 months free and 6 at half price but my wife has a half price contract so didn't bother.
    Told them to call me in 6 months.

Were you a previous customer? How long ago?

I signed up for the half price Carphone warehouse deal last year. I called today to close the account and I was referred to two ladies (Irish) one of them offered me same package sports and entertainment without HD and without Sports 2,3 & 4 for €40.

I said no, then a 3rd guy (Irish man from Cork) offered me same pack I have (sports world, HD) all for €44 for next 9 months and no contract.

I was very happy with this offer so I'm staying on for 9 months. Chap was very nice he told me to call in another 9 months and see what they can do then. :)

The shower of feckers told me there was no way I could get HD without entering into a new contract. Mine has crept back up but I can't cancel or threaten to cancel as I've 2 months left of the bloody contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

The shower of feckers told me there was no way I could get HD without entering into a new contract. Mine has crept back up but I can't cancel or threaten to cancel as I've 2 months left of the bloody contract.

If you've never had HD before it is a 12 month contract. Once you've done that initial contract you can add and remove as you like. Also CJmasgrande never said they didn't have HD already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

adox wrote: »
    Were you a previous customer? How long ago?

I cancelled earlier in the summer when they refused me any discounts. My wife then got the groupon deal.
    I've also 4 months to go on evision which was the worst decision I ever made.

Avada wrote: »
    If you've never had HD before it is a 12 month contract. Once you've done that initial contract you can add and remove as you like. Also CJmasgrande never said they didn't have HD already

I originally had Sportsworld HD pack that included the variety pack so basically everything except movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I've also 4 months to go on evision which was the worst decision I ever made.
    Tell me more - I'm thinking about this as a possibility

Avada wrote: »

This is my second time having HD they duped me again. Is there any point in me trying for a deal or will I wait until I'm out of contract and play hardball with them.

This is my second time having HD they duped me again. Is there any point in me trying for a deal or will I wait until I'm out of contract and play hardball with them.

I don't think you'll get anywhere until your out of contract

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

If i sign up today, What's the quickest i could get an engineer out?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Think you're going to have to call and find out. Perhaps if you post on the dedicated Sky forum, you might get an idea.

It will depend (I imagine) on where you are based and what the demand is like in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

You don't want it in less than a week as your viewing card wont arrive before then.

• Advertisement

just going to update the sky tv offer with car phone warehouse, available nationwide

original €15 per month for 12 months

original, sports and movies €38 pm for 12 months (normal price €74)

extras available

add hd €10 pm for 12 months

add multiroom €7.50 per month for the first six months then €15 for six months

There is no install fee, a deposit of €10 is taken and refunded. All you need is a credit card or bank details to sign up

variety is not available with this deal if you want variety and the above channels there is no discount or offer available all packages are full price

Advertisement