Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Riding D. Bowe to a victory this week. It's such a luxury to have a WR3 that's a #1 receiver and a home-run threat, nevermind in a 16-team league.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kai_Dante

Had a horrible week, RBs combined for only 5 points in total along with my top WR injured this week. Kicker ended saving me with a few long FGs. Still in with a chance to win but need a big performance from Atlanta to win it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lava_man

need 14 pts from the broncos defense and mcgehee @ atlanta. Unlikely. Still waiting on Stafford to produce the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

My starters are currently beating my bench by 7 points with just my kicker to play!

Loving picking up Andre Brown, Mikel Leshoure, a stash-and-see draft pick, coming good and CJ Spiller's injury brightening Fred Jackson's prospects. RB was looking brutal for me not long ago and now I'm happy to move ahead with them.

I'm lucky I didn't get a serious offer for Marshall or Megatron!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

My first loss, should probably have started Gresham and Edelman :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

curry-muff wrote: »
    My first loss, should probably have started Gresham and Edelman :(

My third loss. :P

I'm putting the blame for this one on the fact I lost out on waiver priority for Andre brown. :-)

Glad my waiver lost out last week, was about to drop the 2nd best TE

Picked up Ryan Williams on waivers. My luck seems to finally be in after taking FJ and Issac Redman as two of my lead backs.

I picked up Barden, hoping he doesn't do an Ogletree :pac:

• Advertisement

Having another mare this week. First, I go 0-3, then neglect to submit waiver requests (as position dictated probably not getting anything decent), then forget to check my team yesterday and miss that Beanie Wells goes on IR (out for 8 weeks). So panic and pick up Rashad Jennings today as have sh!t RB's, fml....

:o

SK1979 wrote: »
    Having another mare this week. First, I go 0-3, then neglect to submit waiver requests (as position dictated probably not getting anything decent), then forget to check my team yesterday and miss that Beanie Wells goes on IR (out for 8 weeks). So panic and pick up Rashad Jennings today as have sh!t RB's, fml....

:o

Yeah I had Collie go on the IR list, sorta rushed into Barden based on last weeks performance :pac:

Has my No.1 pick been the worst so far this season? Chris Johnson 11 points in total this season. Finally decided to drop him.

Guys just wondering what the rules are with people not updating teams. I noticed a few people had IA players this week and had suitable players sitting on the bench.

Was wondering if these people just didn't change in time or if some people have already abandoned their teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Syferus wrote: »
    Loving picking up Andre Brown, Mikel Leshoure, a stash-and-see draft pick, coming good and CJ Spiller's injury brightening Fred Jackson's prospects. RB was looking brutal for me not long ago and now I'm happy to move ahead with them.

I'm lucky I didn't get a serious offer for Marshall or Megatron!

Yeah that was my first loss. Loads of players on byes in the one week, and Forte still coming back. Them's the breaks I suppose. I knew I was screwed when I was only six points up coming into Monday and you had Cowboys defence and Marshall.

Finally off and running with a win (My Cousin Vince). Got a bit worried when I had my huge lead clawed back to be trailing by a point or so. But luckily Witten had a big game and saw me home! :)

If Starks and Jacobs ever got fit, I'd start to feel a little more confident in my team. :o

Kai_Dante wrote: »
    Guys just wondering what the rules are with people not updating teams. I noticed a few people had IA players this week and had suitable players sitting on the bench.

Was wondering if these people just didn't change in time or if some people have already abandoned their teams?

Happens every year. In the cellar division it'll always be a part of life, it's more likely to end up with people who don't bother.

Syferus wrote: »
    Kai_Dante wrote: »

Happens every year. In the cellar division it'll always be a part of life, it's more likely to end up with people who don't bother.
    I'll have a look later on this evening! There are rules in the charter for inactivity!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    I'll have a look later on this evening! There are rules in the charter for inactivity!

There are rules for everything. It's just as unfair, if not more so, having a GM manage zombie teams' line-ups. I leave well enough away in LTTP.

Willing to trade Andre Brown and Mark Ingram together for a good QB. Can package Josh Freeman (on a bye) for compensation if a replacement QB is needed.

• Advertisement

SK1979 wrote: »
    Finally off and running with a win (My Cousin Vince). Got a bit worried when I had my huge lead clawed back to be trailing by a point or so. But luckily Witten had a big game and saw me home! :)

If Starks and Jacobs ever got fit, I'd start to feel a little more confident in my team. :o

Looks like you could potentially be in a little bother with your replacement TE this week? Matt Forte looking potentially dodgy for me though, and my replacement is Tate, who is also DNP. Our game could get interesting.

Looks like you could potentially be in a little bother with your replacement TE this week? Matt Forte looking potentially dodgy for me though, and my replacement is Tate, who is also DNP. Our game could get interesting.

Yeh, I've been following the updates on Keller all week. They are saying he's doubtful but I have a feeling that he'll play (even if not at 100%) as the Jets offence is seriously struggling, plus Holmes gone too. Either way though, I dont think he's going to contribute too many points. TE's are a whole load of meh once you get past the top 3/5.

Should be a tight enough game between us. I dont trust the projected points at all. No way will AP get 28 this week. He should be solid, but not that many. We both had average performances in the game last night so its set up nicely. Hopefully Gostkowski finds his accuracy this week as doubt I'll get away with him missing more FG's. :)

Dropped Josh Gordon (20.20 pts) and benched Bradshaw (26.90 pts). I deserved to lose this week.

Robert meachem gets over 18 points!! May just have save me this week!!!

This weekend is looking pretty disastrous for me. Forte on a bye and Donald Brown DNP, so my RBs are going to be very poor. Two receivers already done for the weekend and not ten points picked up between them. Graham on a bye as well and had to draft in a TE I'd never even heard of instead...Need big games from Rivers and Reggie Wayne to have any hope.

This weekend is looking pretty disastrous for me. Forte on a bye and Donald Brown DNP, so my RBs are going to be very poor. Two receivers already done for the weekend and not ten points picked up between them. Graham on a bye as well and had to draft in a TE I'd never even heard of instead...Need big games from Rivers and Reggie Wayne to have any hope.
    You want Ballard?

You want Ballard?

Posssibly...for who?

Posssibly...for who?

Reggie

Reggie

Too steep for me I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Ugh, definitely my worst performance so far, and if I was up against any other winning team I'd be done by now, but Damascus Rebels has been almost as disappointing as me so that, even with just 38 points racked up, a good performance tonight from Rivers might see me over the line without my starting RBs or TE. Fingers crossed, but Old Irish Patriot is looking pretty good for topping our division, he has too much strength on the bench.

Advertisement