Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Syferus wrote: »
    Need 18 points from Marshall and Gould tonight. Marshall isn't going to rack up anything close to 180 yards on the 49ers so it's really dependant on him getting a TD. Gould could be in line for a few FG tries against the 49ers and with Campbell at QB.

Here's hoping it finishes 6-0 to the 49ers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

curry-muff wrote: »
    I got 3 offers for T-Rich at the same time, so I'm gona weigh up my options before deciding as he's my star player this season pretty much.

I do need some strengthening in WR and all 3 offers provide that.

Changed up my offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It's all starting to go belly up for my boys. Got hammered this week, and next week I'm looking like a very long shot again. Now in the bottom half of my division for the first time and starting to seriously doubt my playoff hopes after a great start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

It's all starting to go belly up for my boys. Got hammered this week, and next week I'm looking like a very long shot again. Now in the bottom half of my division for the first time and starting to seriously doubt my playoff hopes after a great start to the season.

It's still very tight between You, Lucks Colts and I, and with half of my team out for the next few weeks I fear it may be me that misses out and not you :(

Probably out of the play-off race unless there's alot of bizarre results this week. It's a pity because I feel like I've got a great collection of starters and bench players now.

Ah well, I can still prove that by winning the consolation bracket.

• Advertisement

Think I've gone from 1-4 to 8-4!! I must have over 20 different receivers in my team this year so far!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Think I've gone from 1-4 to 8-4!! I must have over 20 different receivers in my team this year so far!

You're in with a great chance now, our division is so close, pretty unfair to whoever ends up 3rd (Which will probably be me because of my ****ty injuries) :(

You're in with a great chance now, our division is so close, pretty unfair to whoever ends up 3rd (Which will probably be me because of my ****ty injuries) :(

Yeah just looking at myself in third there, would certainly have been in second in pretty much any other group. That's FF I suppose. Plenty of weeks I would have lost against virtually anyone other than the team I was playing, so I've been riding my luck too. This weekend will be make or break for our division.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

wow. I thought Ryan did a number on me but Brees went out there tonight with the sole intention of screwing Wont come last. That more or less guarantees my second place and the chain reaction just need to take care of business against a similarly under performing The super giants to win the division and pick up that third seed at least.

anything can still happen though :eek:

I think seeding matter for next to nothing in fantasy. Maybe the byes but I'm honestly not a fan of teams getting to sit for a week while everyone else plays, it's as much a punishment as a prize.

I remember I eiked into the LTTP play-offs the first year literally by virtue of less than a single fantasy point on the season totals (the team I was against and I had split victories in the regular season) and I went on to win it. Now's the time to be looking at your rosters and seeing what the play-off schedules are like because previously no-brainer starters may not be the best propositions in the home run derby that is the play-offs.

• Advertisement

I'm honestly not a fan of teams getting to sit for a week while everyone else plays, it's as much a punishment as a prize.

Yeah it's not like you need a rest after all the exertions of the previous few weeks of FF. This is something I do to avoid work, taking a break from it is like saying that I took a break from watching The Sopranos to do some homework.

13 points from my kicker last night! Nice start! The only benefit to the bye is guaranteeing promotion I presume (in our league anyway) but if as many people drop out as last year then the top 6 will be guaranteed promotion anyway!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    13 points from my kicker last night! Nice start! The only benefit to the bye is guaranteeing promotion I presume (in our league anyway) but if as many people drop out as last year then the top 6 will be guaranteed promotion anyway!

Was just thinkin about that. Will the two who missed out be promoted or two of those to be relegated not be?

gufc21 wrote: »

Was just thinkin about that. Will the two who missed out be promoted or two of those to be relegated not be?
    Actually I'm not really sure! Might be an answer in the main thread I'd say!

Need 20 points from Austin and Tynes, it's looking bleak :(

Dropping Hanson this week could well be the worst move I made this year :pac:

Need 20 points from Austin and Tynes, it's looking bleak :(

Dropping Hanson this week could well be the worst move I made this year :pac:

Wouldn't mind you knocking off The Expendables either :pac:

Maybe Romo will do what's he's been prone to do this year and go mental in the second half.

Preferably the yardage machine kind of mental and not the 5 INT kind of mental.

Wouldn't mind you knocking off The Expendables either :pac:

Maybe Romo will do what's he's been prone to do this year and go mental in the second half.

Preferably the yardage machine kind of mental and not the 5 INT kind of mental.

Yeah I hope so, I also hope he starts throwing to Austin and Bryant. Up til just before half time he hadn't thrown to either and now that he started throwing to them he's been doing much better. Bryant looks on fire though so Austin might get overlooked :(

Talk about flopping over the line! Any time I get a big point projection like that I always tend to lose it so thankfully I got the win wit the late fg from Steelers. Watch as I get pounded out in semi's by a clear 30 points though :-(

Yeah I hope so, I also hope he starts throwing to Austin and Bryant. Up til just before half time he hadn't thrown to either and now that he started throwing to them he's been doing much better. Bryant looks on fire though so Austin might get overlooked :(

He didn't out-do Bryant but he held up his end of the bargain. Six points from Tynes against a very average Redskins defense is certainly more than possible. I jsut took a look at his stat-line and he's only dipped bellow seven points twice this year, two five point outings being his joint-worst performances.

He didn't out-do Bryant but he held up his end of the bargain. Six points from Tynes against a very average Redskins defense is certainly more than possible. I jsut took a look at his stat-line and he's only dipped bellow seven points twice this year, two five point outings being his joint-worst performances.

Knowing my luck this will be the exception to the rule :pac:

Earlier in the season I only needed Hanson to score 4 to win me my weeks matchup.

He came out with 1 point :pac:

• Advertisement

So I managed to finish the season in a play-off ranked #6 but because Dublin Terriers' won their division ranked #8 overall I'm out. Even despite that a 3 point loss to Cunning Stunts in week 8 is all that stopped me from making the play-offs as the #5 ranked regular season team.. So now on top of everything I have a consolation group bye to boot. Wonderful.

I never liked the divisional splits in fantasy but now I just have more reason to hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lava_man

Suck it up loser.
    Hate the game not the player!
    Boooooooom!

lava_man wrote: »
    Suck it up loser.
    Boooooooom!

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

He's right though, you are gonna have to just suck it up. So am I as it happens. There's something really irritating about the term "consolation group". Probably because it's no consolation. But it does mean I don't have to work on Wednesday afternoon for at least one more week.

lava_man wrote: »
    Suck it up loser.
    Boooooooom!

Post of the month:-)

He's right though, you are gonna have to just suck it up. So am I as it happens. There's something really irritating about the term "consolation group". Probably because it's no consolation. But it does mean I don't have to work on Wednesday afternoon for at least one more week.

He said blame the game and not the player. It's pretty clear from even a skim of my post that's exactly what I did, it has absolutely nothing to do with the other players and everything to do with a system that doesn't reward performance.

I run the LTTP league under a single division structure and at the very least what that means is the teams with the most wins make the play-offs, so please spare me the idea that this has anything to do with sour grapes.

I play Cunning Stunts in both leagues this week :pac:

I think he has me here, Gronks injury hit me hard :(

If only I could start 3 rb's :P

I run the LTTP league under a single division structure and at the very least what that means is the teams with the most wins make the play-offs, so please spare me the idea that this has anything to do with sour grapes.

Well at least you're having the craic, that's the main thing...it'd be worse if you were taking it seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lava_man

I was only trolling!

I was very lucky to make the play-offs, makes it exciting though. During the draft for my early picks I went for wrs (cruz and bryant). At the start of the season it was all about the running game and I got off to a bad start. More recently, in the last 5 weeks, wrs seem to be getting more points now. Not sure if that is a league wide thing or just specific to me.

Either way, I no longer enjoy watching the games as much on a Sunday and become irritated when someone like Pettigrew drops a catch, even though I'm a 49ers fan. So I won't be complaining if I lose next week.

Next time round I think I'll enter 12-team league, as well as a 16-team one, for a little more flexibility in picking up players.

• Advertisement

I'd like to take this chance to thank whoever traded me Alexander and also whoever dropped the Seahawks this week! :)

Advertisement