Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Gutted to miss out on Sproules on the waiver wire. Who on earth put him there with a 2 week injury :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

curry-muff wrote: »
    Gutted to miss out on Sproules on the waiver wire. Who on earth put him there with a 2 week injury :confused:

Ha ha, I requested him as well. Who did get him?

Ha ha, I requested him as well. Who did get him?

Damascus Rebels :(

I think I was only 12 on the list last night though so I sorta knew I wouldn't get him :pac:

Hopefully I'll pick up someone nice next week at #6.

Well that was not something I was expecting. Broncos D got 7 sacks and a safety, Jimmy Graham was spectacular (only saw the fourth quarter of that game but it looked great) and Forte's poor showing was offset with Rivers having a stormer.

Vick's Hounds looking pretty good for the win over Cunning Stunts too, goes to show how much can still happen in this league.

Well that was not something I was expecting. Broncos D got 7 sacks and a safety, Jimmy Graham was spectacular (only saw the fourth quarter of that game but it looked great) and Forte's poor showing was offset with Rivers having a stormer.

Vick's Hounds looking pretty good for the win over Cunning Stunts too, goes to show how much can still happen in this league.

I had an absolutely horrible week this week, congrats on the win though ;) At least my RB dreamteam will be reunited this week after 2 weeks off :pac:

I've had it with Vick, Palmers in for the rest of the season, so if anyone would like to offer me a qb, I'll entertain offers.

• Advertisement

I had an absolutely horrible week this week, congrats on the win though ;) At least my RB dreamteam will be reunited this week after 2 weeks off :pac:

I've had it with Vick, Palmers in for the rest of the season, so if anyone would like to offer me a qb, I'll entertain offers.

To be fair to Vick, he went out with a concussion this week.

To be fair to Vick, he went out with a concussion this week.

Yeah, but his inconsistency as a whole is just depressing. If anyone else wants to take a risk on him bouncing back then I'll put him as part of any trade for another QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I don't see how Vick starts again this season if Foles is anything more than horrible. I don't know if Vick is even rosterable at this point.

Syferus wrote: »
    I don't see how Vick starts again this season if Foles is anything more than horrible. I don't know if Vick is even rosterable at this point.

I agree, looks like I'm stuck with Palmer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

I agree, looks like I'm stuck with Palmer :pac:

That's a bad thing? How'd it take so long to make the switch? Palmer has been pretty good most of year.

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    That's a bad thing? How'd it take so long to make the switch? Palmer has been pretty good most of year.

I have rotated them a bit, just seemed to favor Vick a little more. Palmer has had a couple of good games for me, it just feels bad having Vick on the bench when you know that one week he will probably pull off a massive fantasy score.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Its week 11 and we still waiting.

Anybody looking for an RB? Would be interested in trading for a WR as between Washington's bi-week and Antonio Brown still being out I am short a man.

Anybody looking for an RB? Would be interested in trading for a WR as between Washington's bi-week and Antonio Brown still being out I am short a man.

Offer(s) made. I made a few different ones so have a look at them and see if any strike your fancy. I've a few moveable pieces if we're in the same ball-park on something.

Offer(s) made. I made a few different ones so have a look at them and see if any strike your fancy. I've a few moveable pieces if we're in the same ball-park on something.

Took you up on a straight swap of Brown for Young.

Thanks! I was skimming the waiver wire just now and found Greg Jennings sitting on the lower reaches of the second WR page. Now I get that whoever dropped him probably was sick of his non-production and wanted rid but he's been on the wire since November 4th and in a 16-team league he's more than ownable and attractive as an upside play for the fantasy playoffs.

I'm amazed I was able to snag him straight off the wire, now about getting to the playoffs..

Thanks! I was skimming the waiver wire just now and found Greg Jennings sitting on the lower reaches of the second WR page. Now I get that whoever dropped him probably was sick of his non-production and wanted rid but he's been on the wire since November 4th and in a 16-team league he's more than ownable and attractive as an upside play for the fantasy playoffs.

I'm amazed I was able to snag him straight off the wire, now about getting to the playoffs..

If I had known he was there I probably wouldn't have traded Brown away to be honest.

Well remember that Jennings is still weeks out and will only be even approaching relevancy in the fantasy playoffs. I think you'll be happy with Young, I picked him up the week Megatron was looking really iffy and he's really started to click with Stafford and the single coverage he's been getting with Meagtron attracting so much attention. I'd probably be starting him week-in-week out ahead of Antonio Brown if I were in your shoes, even if Big Ben was active.

Well remember that Jennings is still weeks out and will only be even approaching relevancy in the fantasy playoffs. I think you'll be happy with Young, I picked him up the week Megatron was looking really iffy and he's really started to click with Stafford and the single coverage he's been getting with Meagtron attracting so much attention. I'd probably be starting him week-in-week out ahead of Antonio Brown if I were in your shoes, even if Big Ben was active.

Shows how closely I've been following the Packers, didn't even realise he was out.

No I was happy with the trade we made, I mean, I really did like having Brown, and if I wasn't in need of a WR I would say he'd pay back patience with him by returning fully from injury to getting 10 points plus each week. But I don't have that luxury, so it was good to get a WR that I might actually field again in future weeks.

I considered taking him, but I've been doing fine with my current wr's so I left him there. Good luck with him, I feel he might be a little off pace when he comes back, but who knows with Jennings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

4 points from 2 receivers last night, and without my best RB and TE this week! I could be in trouble!!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    4 points from 2 receivers last night, and without my best RB and TE this week! I could be in trouble!!

I hope so :)

I only got 3 points from Thomas last night, so could be looking at a loss, and Curry Muff will do very well to win, so if you win this weekend we would all have the same record. It's actually very possible that all the teams in our division could lose this week.

I considered taking him, but I've been doing fine with my current wr's so I left him there. Good luck with him, I feel he might be a little off pace when he comes back, but who knows with Jennings.

Well with Meagtron, Marshall and Harvin he only needs to be my bench receiver ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kai_Dante

I only got 3 points from Thomas last night, so could be looking at a loss, and Curry Muff will do very well to win, so if you win this weekend we would all have the same record. It's actually very possible that all the teams in our division could lose this week.

Both my RBs are on bye week and Rothlisberger is injured so I'm playing a backup QB, you won't lose.

I dunno, you still have probably the best defence in the league, and much superior receivers. I don't think either of us will be scoring too highly anyway.

Kai_Dante wrote: »
    Both my RBs are on bye week and Rothlisberger is injured so I'm playing a backup QB, you won't lose.

So much for that theory. Unless Matt Forte has a miracle tonight I'm screwed. Wouldn't mind only my bench was full of superstars yesterday. Weedon did better than Rivers, Myers did better than Jimmy Graham (!!!!), Ingram did incredibly well. If I had played all of them instead of who I did play, I'd only need two points from Forte. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kai_Dante

I think I just got very lucky. Moore had 2 catches and both were TDs. My RBs did really well which is going to makemy decision next week between 4 of them hard. Foles was terrible but Rivers was just as bad although he did get a TD pass.

I can't see Forte getting 18.5 against 49ers but I also didn't see Texans letting in 37 points, thought they would have gotten me most of my points this week.

Kai_Dante wrote: »

I can't see Forte getting 18.5

Neither do I. If he gets half that I'd be surprised.

Need 18 points from Marshall and Gould tonight. Marshall isn't going to rack up anything close to 180 yards on the 49ers so it's really dependant on him getting a TD. Gould could be in line for a few FG tries against the 49ers and with Campbell at QB.

• Advertisement

I got 3 offers for T-Rich at the same time, so I'm gona weigh up my options before deciding as he's my star player this season pretty much.

I do need some strengthening in WR and all 3 offers provide that.

Advertisement