Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

SanSouci wrote: »
    Am I too late to the party or is there room for one more (provided another comes along to make it even)?
    If we get one more then yeah I can add both of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I am looking to join a fantasy league. Is there room for me here?

PM sent to both!

Thats the full 16 now.

Draft will be on Monday 3rd @ 9.30 pm!

I've added my team. What is the draft format?

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I've added my team. What is the draft format?

Standard draft!
    90 seconds per pick!
    Random snake order, to be randomised 30 minutes before the draft!

Also a big thanks to spongey who set up the league!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SanSouci

Damascus Rebels are the 16th franchise to join Div 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Not sure if anyone else in this league is popping their cherry (and playing FF for the first time) this year, but I didn't realise the craic with the draft application. Seems it only appears to download once your going to do your draft (i.e. Monday).

Some more info here that I found useful and maybe you guys might too.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/draftapplication

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

SK1979 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else in this league is popping their cherry (and playing FF for the first time) this year, but I didn't realise the craic with the draft application. Seems it only appears to download once your going to do your draft (i.e. Monday).

Some more info here that I found useful and maybe you guys might too.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/draftapplication

I've only played Yahoo fantasy football before, is the nfl site much different for drafts? Also, is there anywhere to play mock drafts?

Everyone set for 9:30?

Yep, all good. (I think!)

• Advertisement

Yep, all good. (I think!)

Fingers crossed for an early draft number :pac:

think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Am I too late?

Madworld wrote: »
    Am I too late?

Yeah 16 was the max, sorry, just nipped in the final few myself :o

3rd pick!

Happy days

9th, meh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

1. Calvin Johnson - WR, DET [PICK 8]

2. Fred Jackson - RB, BUF [PICK 25]

3. Brandon Marshall - WR, CHI [PICK 40]

4. Dwayne Bowe WR, KC [PICK 57]

5. Antonio Gates - TE, SD [PICK 72]

6. Mark Ingram RB, NO [PICK 89]

7. Josh Freeman QB, TB [PICK 104]

8. Isaac Redman RB, PIT [PICK 121]

9. Doug Baldwin WR, SEA [PICK 136]

10. Mikel Leshoure - RB, DET [PICK 153]

11. Detroit Lions - DEF [PICK 168]

12. Owen Daniels - TE, HOU [PICK 185]

13. Garrett Hartley - K, NO [PICK 200]

14. David Nelson - WR, BUF [PICK 217]

Quite happy with my team. Generally picked on best available and value, the QB roster drained too fast for my liking and over-valued alot of them so I just hung back and took Freeman late. My WR/TE is a very good set for a 16-team league, in my total biased opinion.

QB Brady (R1)
    QB Wilson (R9)

RB Marshawn Lynch (R2)
    RB Martin (R3)
    RB Michael Bush (R8)
    RB Royster (R10)

WR Meachem (R4)
    WR Heyward-Bey (R6)
    WR Blackmon (R7)
    WR James Jones (R11)

TE Finley (R5)
    TE Bennett (R14)

K Matt Bryant (R13)

Def Bills (R12)

Happy with everything bar the WR's!! All I need is Forte to get injured and Royster to get the starting job at the skins and I'll have a couple of very valuable backup RB's!!

QB - Michael Vick (PHI)
    RB - Frank Gore (SF)
    RB - Trent Richardson (CLE)
    WR - Kenny Britt (TEN)
    WR - Miles Austin (DAL)
    WR - Denarius Moore (OAK)
    TE - Rob Gronkowski (NE)

QB - Carson Palmer (OAK)
    RB - Toby Gerhart (MIN)
    WR - Austin Collie (IND)
    WR - Early Doucet (ARI)
    TE - Jermaine Gresham (CIN)

K - Jason Hanson (DET)

Sorta struggled from 9th pick, guess it'll have to do :o

DEF - Baltimore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Philip Rivers QB

Matt Forte RB
    Donald Brown RB

Nate Washington WR
    Reggie Wayne WR
    Antonio Brown WR

Jimmy Graham TE

Jake Locker QB
    Rashad Jennings RB
    Ben Tate RB
    Mike Williams WR
    Kendall Wright WR

Cowboys DEF
    Nate Kaeding K

Disappointed with my position in the draft, meant I couldn't get a top drawer QB. I think they're all similar enough once you go outside of the top three or four. Got lucky with the RB situation, had an eye out for Forte if I couldn't get a good QB in the first round. Seems to have been huge demand for Washington too, just after I picked him two or three others said they were about to...which is nice.

• Advertisement

@Kai Dante, I think I'm going to take the risk on Collie and keep him, he was passed fit for the opener and I'm going to give him a chance with Luck.

Don't know much about Moss, is there any reasoning that you could provide to help sway my mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kai_Dante

@curry-muff That's cool man.

I took 2 redskins WR and RG3 can only throw to one. Season projections look the same. With Collie's 4 recent concussions and Reggie Wayne being Lucks favorite reciever I'm willing to swap a number 2 reciver for a number 2 reciver.

Just looking through the teams tonight, seems SK/My Cousin Vince did very nicely in the draft, he'll be the one to watch :p

curry-muff wrote: »
    Just looking through the teams tonight, seems SK/My Cousin Vince did very nicely in the draft, he'll be the one to watch :p

Thanks, I dont know if Cam is going to be a blowout this year so he could be a big risk. My "cover" QB is just about the most devisive guy in the NFL (Sanchez) so it could all go pear-shaped.

Plus (and I didn't realise at the time), I'm struggling with RB's and TE's to actually be fit this week. Looks like Petersen and Jacobs wont play and Witten and Winslow look like they could miss out too. Would be a disastrous start if all them missed out. :(

My plan was to get ap's or mcfaddens understudy and hold them for a kings ransom if either of them got injured...someone got in before me on both!!

Thanks, I dont know if Cam is going to be a blowout this year so he could be a big risk. My "cover" QB is just about the most devisive guy in the NFL (Sanchez) so it could all go pear-shaped.

Plus (and I didn't realise at the time), I'm struggling with RB's and TE's to actually be fit this week. Looks like Petersen and Jacobs wont play and Witten and Winslow look like they could miss out too. Would be a disastrous start if all them missed out. :(

Britt has a one game suspension for me so I'm hoping Collie is fit to play, and that Luck actually throws the ball to him :pac:
    taidghbaby wrote: »
    My plan was to get ap's or mcfaddens understudy and hold them for a kings ransom if either of them got injured...someone got in before me on both!!

I had my eye on Gerhart for a while, glad I snagged him.

Winslow doesn't even have a team - you can forget about him being fantasy relevant this season.

curry-muff wrote: »
    Britt has a one game suspension for me so I'm hoping Collie is fit to play, and that Luck actually throws the ball to him :pac:

Should be interesting alright, according to the projected scores, it should be close in our game! :pac:

I guess tonight should give us a good indication, Witten vs Nicks. Neither of them appear to be fully fit so whoever scores more points should their respective team a boost!
    Syferus wrote: »
    Winslow doesn't even have a team - you can forget about him being fantasy relevant this season.

Is he not considered one of better TE's though so surely a team will pick him up or he'll go back to Seattle? Thought he was cut cos he wouldn't reduce his salary? He tried out with the Pats too. Was planning to hold him for a couple of weeks and see where he ends up. The lack of anything available is not too encouraging if I do have to give him up though. :(

Can I ask a general question? At what point are you not allowed make any lineup changes to your team? I have Witten playing tonight (or due to play), but if he doesn't play, surely I'm not allowed switch another TE in (not that it will help me ofc!)?

He was a few years ago but since his motorcycle accident he's never been the same. Not sticking with Seattle was a very bad sign as to where he's at, even if another team picks him up it'll be at best as a #2 tight end and in anywhere but New England that tends to mean the fantasy graveyard, even removed from the fact Winslow won't have a clue of the play-book or any rapport with his team-mates.

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »
    He was a few years ago but since his motorcycle accident he's never been the same. Not sticking with Seattle was a very bad sign as to where he's at, even if another team picks him up it'll be at best as a #2 tight end and in anywhere but New England that tends to mean the fantasy graveyard, even removed from the fact Winslow won't have a clue of the play-book or any rapport with his team-mates.

Cheers, thanks lads, will look to get rid of asap.

Advertisement