Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

I have a bed in a twin room available in a flat on Wellington Road in Ballsbridge (10 min bus from UCD 15 min walk from Grafton Street)

You would be sharing the room with a male first year in UCD

400 euros a month for a 9 month lease
    send me a pm if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kicon

what residence did you get?

I got Merville

• Registered Users Posts: 29 oconnell122

there's still merville left :o
    Recon there's still hope for somebody currenty at 84? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 caroeoz

Spoke to a person in UCD accommodation office a half hour ago, they said 700 offers went out yesterday, 632 were taken up and 68 came back. So 68 offers went out today. This person said that at 119 on the waitlist our chances were 'very slim to none'.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Also desperately trying to avoid digs or a hellish 2 hour commute every morning and evening :/

First year, female, arts student, non smoker, from Kildare. I'm 21 so I'm a bit older than most of ye but if you have long brown hair I'll let you borrow my ID to get into over 21 nights :L Promise not to leave teabags in the sink etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 wanderlost

Hey, I'm Sean, also a first year, studying arts.
    I was trying to get campus...now hoping to get accommodation as near as possible to ucd. I'd be interested in sharing a house with others.
    Message me if you're interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ros4

Anyone with a room in Merville nos.13,14 or 15 who wants to swap it for one in Merville no. 9. (it's a shorter walk to Centra !) My friends are all in that area. I've spoken to the Accommodation office and they would facilitate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mhangasor

Ros4 wrote: »
    Anyone with a room in Merville nos.13,14 or 15 who wants to swap it for one in Merville no. 9. (it's a shorter walk to Centra !) My friends are all in that area. I've spoken to the Accommodation office and they would facilitate it.

If you don't find anyone to swap don't worry because it's still literally about a 3 minute walk from one end of Merville to the other so you'll still be near your friends etc.

mhangasor wrote: »
    If you don't find anyone to swap don't worry because it's still literally about a 3 minute walk from one end of Merville to the other so you'll still be near your friends etc.

Thanks for that I appreciate the info.

I've been in RH twice before and will be living there again this year. Every year so far for me there's been 3 first years, 1 continuing year and 2 foreign students. This is pretty much the same everywhere in RH going by other friends I've known to live there. I'd say you'll have at least 3-4 1st years with you. If they have not yet uploaded their pic that's a good indicator they're 1st years or foreign students since all continuing years will have their photo up already.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that I appreciate the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 aviral10000

I've been in RH twice before and will be living there again this year. Every year so far for me there's been 3 first years, 1 continuing year and 2 foreign students. This is pretty much the same everywhere in RH going by other friends I've known to live there. I'd say you'll have at least 3-4 1st years with you. If they have not yet uploaded their pic that's a good indicator they're 1st years or foreign students since all continuing years will have their photo up already.

One question. How is the hall exactly ? It says 50*6 which means I guess 6 rooms in a single apartment . Right ?

One question. How is the hall exactly ? It says 50*6 which means I guess 6 rooms in a single apartment . Right ?

Yep that's what it means!

Yep that's what it means!

Does it look good ? Comfortable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mollyoflafal

I'm 84 on the waitlist now ... Do I have a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 winchester67

I'm 84 on the waitlist now ... Do I have a chance?

As soon as the accommodation offers went out on Wednesday I was checking the list, started at 332 and by 12 that night I was 99. Then I went up to 108 overnight. I called the office and they said the chances of me getting accommodation were slim to none.

I got an offer at 6am today. On the Blackrock campus so a bit of a journey. The only other places was Rosebuck. If I were you I'd start looking pronto

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mollyoflafal

As soon as the accommodation offers went out on Wednesday I was checking the list, started at 332 and by 12 that night I was 99. Then I went up to 108 overnight. I called the office and they said the chances of me getting accommodation were slim to none.

I got an offer at 6am today. On the Blackrock campus so a bit of a journey. The only other places was Rosebuck. If I were you I'd start looking pronto

Ah yeah I'm sorted either way I was just wondering what the general opinion was

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lop11

Hi, I've got a place in Merville but it's not clear to me what exactly I'll need to bring for the Kitchen.

Is there an oven, kettle, toaster, hot plate, microwave etc. The site says there is a 'cooker'. But that's fairly ambiguous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pacni

There's a 4 ring stove top, a toaster, a kettle and a microwave. There is no oven and you have to bring all your own utensils - pots, cutlery, plates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lop11

pacni wrote: »
    There's a 4 ring stove top, a toaster, a kettle and a microwave. There is no oven and you have to bring all your own utensils - pots, cutlery, plates etc.

Brilliant. Someone should consider making the UCD site a bit less useless. Thanks a million. :)

• Advertisement

yeah I have a UCD sports booklet and men and women's football (soccer) is in it.

I got the booklet off a friend so it's from last year.

When Do we have selections for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

lop11 wrote: »
    Hi, I've got a place in Merville but it's not clear to me what exactly I'll need to bring for the Kitchen.

Is there an oven, kettle, toaster, hot plate, microwave etc. The site says there is a 'cooker'. But that's fairly ambiguous.

What ive done for the last few years is bring up a counter top oven. Dead handy, usually for sale in aldi /lidl this time of year for about €40 or so. I've been using the same one for the last 3 years, right trooper!
    Or wait till you meet your roommates and chip in together to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Tara_Rxxx wrote: »
    What ive done for the last few years is bring up a counter top oven. Dead handy, usually for sale in aldi /lidl this time of year for about €40 or so. I've been using the same one for the last 3 years, right trooper!
    Or wait till you meet your roommates and chip in together to get one.

Is that one of those mini ovens? I see they're in Aldi atm. However I'm not sure whether to get one or not as I've heard from some people that Belgrove does have ovens :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

Aspiring wrote: »
    Is that one of those mini ovens? I see they're in Aldi atm. However I'm not sure whether to get one or not as I've heard from some people that Belgrove does have ovens :confused:

Belgrove does not have ovens since the renovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wanderlost

I'm Sean, a first year, still looking for accommodation. I know it's getting late now but I'm sure there are others who are still looking for places to rent off campus.

I'm desperately trying to avoid digs but houses/apartments seem to be too expensive to rent. However, if 3 or 4 people were to rent a 2 bedroom apartment we could lower the costs significantly. Personally I wouldn't mind sharing a crowded living space; at this rate I'll just be happy to share with other students. I'm not sure whether landlords approve of this kind of arrangement but I'm sure it's possible to rent under 2 names and sneak other(s) in.

Just message me if interested in this idea and we can get to work on finding somewhere quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I have a place in Belgrove, but am looking to trade for a place in Glenomena, or either Roebuck Halls or Roebuck Castle.

Belgrove is significantly cheaper than these 3 places and is also considered to be the main hive of 1st year campus accomodation. If interested PM me.

(Mods if this should be merged with the accomodation then by all means, but I only have a short time to do this deal if it's to be done and I'll get more exposure in a standalone thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wilwarin

Hello!
    I thought that commuting will be the best way to save money on the college, but now it seems like long travel times and high ticket costs will be worse for me than the costs of a dwelling. It's bit late now, but I was wondering if anyone has info on any accommodation near UCD? I would prefer if it was <5km as I would be cycling, I am clean and quiet 3rd year male.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

Hi does any1 know of any rooms available to rent near UCD??

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Hi folks,

Myself and my boyfriend are recent graduates and are working. We are looking to share probably a 2-bed apartment. If anyone has a budget of €500-€600 a month and is interested then throw me a PM. We are good craic I swear :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I locked myself out of my room there the other day and had to have it opened. I can't find where on SISWeb I'm supposed to pay for it though?

Advertisement