Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CitrusCircus

im looking at the waiting list and im in the 300s ? Is there any chance now? can i book on this page once the no. goes down to 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EllaB95

does anyone know how to find out if you've been offered accommodation on campus, cant figure out how to do it and they're not answering their phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

EllaB95 wrote: »
    does anyone know how to find out if you've been offered accommodation on campus, cant figure out how to do it and they're not answering their phones?

Go to "Campus Facilities"

Click on "Residences"

JAM3114 wrote: »
    I can only see my ucd connect email, I have an email from Residential service confirming offer & second one confirming booking/payment.

I would imagine that if its on your SIS page as booked & allocated & you can see payment from card that you would be ok.

Maybe emails are just a little slow to be issued.

How did you access UCD connect email?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JAM3114

b0gg3r wrote: »
    How did you access UCD connect email?

On UCD main page when you log into UCD connect (user name CAO password DOB in DDMMYY format)
    Then there is a GMAIL icon on the top right of the page & it is there
    It also shows your GMAIL in the middle section of the page after you log into UCD connect
    make sure you click on the Home Tab (on left beside Library / Student Life Tab)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 EllaB95

still can't figure out how to see if ive been offered a place, anyone willing to tell me step by step

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JAM3114

EllaB95 wrote: »
    still can't figure out how to see if ive been offered a place, anyone willing to tell me step by step

Have you been able to get into the SISWeb page on UCD connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 H.Fitzy

Hi, I am 496 on the waiting list at the moment and I was just wondering if there is still a chance I could get on-campus accommodation??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Inanimaterod

Does anyone know the likelihood of places opening up later in the year, like after Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Looks like I'll end up in Belgrove thanks to Ad Astra, any older years on here that have lived there: what is it like?
    -Are there many 3 bed apartments left in it since its been renovated?
    -Is sharing a bathroom with 4 people a nightmare?
    -The kitchen/living area looks TINY, if people have parties, where do they have them? :pac:
    -is there a freezer in the kitchen, hell, is there a freezer in any of the kitchens of the on campus places?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Reilly45

What accommodation will be left for people getting offers tomorrow? Will there be any Belgrove, Merville, Roebuck or Glenomena places?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mollyoflafal

How do I check my new number on ucd waitlist ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Reilly45 wrote: »
    What accommodation will be left for people getting offers tomorrow? Will there be any Belgrove, Merville, Roebuck or Glenomena places?

Belgrove and Merville are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 philip46951

Do landlords ask for references off of the college if you are a second year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 H.Fitzy

How do I check my new number on ucd waitlist ?

If you go onto SISweb, click campus facilities, the ucd residences and then book a room and that will do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mhangasor

I'm a continuing year and I have a place in Roebuck Halls for this coming year. You can see who you're sharing an apartment with through sisweb and I went on to check since I thought it would all be full by now. But there's still 2 rooms in my apartment left. So I can only imagine it's the same for a lot of places. They must not have let all the 700 people pick rooms today like previous years so there's still hope for people who haven't gotten their offer!

mhangasor wrote: »
    I'm a continuing year and I have a place in Roebuck Halls for this coming year. You can see who you're sharing an apartment with through sisweb and I went on to check since I thought it would all be full by now. But there's still 2 rooms in my apartment left. So I can only imagine it's the same for a lot of places. They must not have let all the 700 people pick rooms today like previous years so there's still hope for people who haven't gotten their offer!

Just out of interest, seeing as you've lived there before, are the residences really strict? Is it possible to sneak people in to stay over or is that an absolute no go?

Just out of interest, seeing as you've lived there before, are the residences really strict? Is it possible to sneak people in to stay over or is that an absolute no go?

Yeah, they're super strict. The Roebuck Halls/Castle gate is the least strict though. Merville/Glenomena is super strict as is Belgrove. People do hop the gate after nights out everywhere and sometimes you can get away with it but if you're caught you get a massive fine. Having said that, if you have the person in before the gate lock (10pm) as long as you don't do anything to draw attention then you're fine. The security is the worst thing about campus by far, it really put me off going back this year but I couldn't find anywhere else to live.

mhangasor wrote: »
    Yeah, they're super strict. The Roebuck Halls/Castle gate is the least strict though. Merville/Glenomena is super strict as is Belgrove. People do hop the gate after nights out everywhere and sometimes you can get away with it but if you're caught you get a massive fine. Having said that, if you have the person in before the gate lock (10pm) as long as you don't do anything to draw attention then you're fine. The security is the worst thing about campus by far, it really put me off going back this year but I couldn't find anywhere else to live.

Thanks, that's the reason I was avoiding it but it now looks like I've no other choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mc Kenzie 1

I am a 1st year starting in September 2014 and I have a room booked in merville but the other 3 occupants are all 2nd years. I would prefer to share with at least 1 other 1st year and just wondering if anyone would like to swap with me for another room in Merville preferably in house 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Merville and Belgrove gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thillywabbit

Cork01 wrote: »
    I'm really stressed now. I'm doubting i'll get on campus now and havn't a clue what to do if i'm not offered a room!

Same here. been trawling findahome.ie and daft.ie all day. I was looking through the booklet yolk ucd sent in the post there, was a website ucdaccommodationspad.ie. you make an account and i think you can look at property near the college ? But the college has to validate your account before you can get a look, im still waiting so im not sure if its any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thillywabbit

I am No.3159 on the waiting list, should i just forget about it and look for a house?

Id say you wont get a place, im no.699 and i doubt i'll get it. I emailed ucd and they said:

"Offers may go out at 16:00 each working day to the next students on the waiting list if students from the previous working day do not use their offers, or if we receive cancellations. This will continue to happen each week day at 4pm until all the allocations have been booked. Your waitlist position will go down accordingly.

Your waitlist position may also go up when other students, who were initially ahead of you on the waitlist prior to 18/08/14, receive or accept CAO offers."

I Cant cope with the rent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 aviral10000

Hey guys ! So I chose this roebuck hall at UCD . My room isn't a single sex one with 4 female roommates and 2 male roommates. What is the probability that they'll be first year students. Is it high or is it low ? I am a first year student.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

Hey guys ! So I chose this roebuck hall at UCD . My room isn't a single sex one with 4 female roommates and 2 male roommates. What is the probability that they'll be first year students. Is it high or is it low ? I am a first year student.

Hey.
    I'm guessing they'll be first year students if they do not have their photos uploaded yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 aviral10000

Yeah out of the 5, 4 haven't uploaded their photos yet. Let us hope for the best.

I am a 1st year starting in September 2014 and I have a room booked in merville but the other 3 occupants are all 2nd years. I would prefer to share with at least 1 other 1st year and just wondering if anyone would like to swap with me for another room in Merville preferably in house 15

How can you see what year your flatmates are? I can just see "Due 1st September"

Yes, how do you see what year they're in? I've never seen that before and it doesn't show up for me. The only info I have is their name and picture.

Is it possible to get a room in Roebuck and not get the catering? Or do you have to pay for catering?

• Advertisement

Is it possible to get a room in Roebuck and not get the catering? Or do you have to pay for catering?

Nope, if you live in Roebuck Castle you have to pay for catering. Roebuck Halls is similar though and not catered.

Advertisement