Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Anyone have a spare room in a house or an apartment with a spare room available? Two of my friends aren't sure if they'll end up getting an offer and will most likely end up elsewhere. I'd be willing to share a room if necessary too.

Even if anyone has any leads I'd appreciate it. I've been trawling through daft.ie but I'm finding it difficult to find anything suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

I'm going into 2nd year Radiography and I'm looking for people and a place to stay, so hit me up if yer looking for house mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 philip46951

I am No.3159 on the waiting list, should i just forget about it and look for a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lukemeany

I am No.3159 on the waiting list, should i just forget about it and look for a house?

Id say get looking for a house!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EmerMarie94

Just wanted to start a thread for students wanting to live together but didn't get/not in student accommodation. Open to first year and second year students. Already have two girls and are ideally looking for two more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 yayakolo

Just wanted to start a thread for students wanting to live together but didn't get/not in student accommodation. Open to first year and second year students. Already have two girls and are ideally looking for two more?
    are u just looking for girls?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EllaB95

Hi, just got offered my place in UCD as a nursing student. Looking for a few girls to share accommodation with anyone still interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eefah

EllaB95 wrote: »
    Hi, just got offered my place in UCD as a nursing student. Looking for a few girls to share accommodation with anyone still interested?

yep I'm in the same boat, and possibly another friend as well. (both girls)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 oconnell122

Anyone know from evperience what number one would want to be on the waiting list to get campus accomadation?
    I'm around 1700..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I'm looking for a room in a house or apartment if anyone's looking for an extra room mate! Incoming first year so if there are any other first years looking I'd love to hear from you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Cork01

I'm really stressed now. I'm doubting i'll get on campus now and havn't a clue what to do if i'm not offered a room!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fiachrakme

Incoming 1st year, dont think theres much hope of campus accommodation so really need to get a room/share house

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Does anybody know if I get offered on-campus accommodation and pay my deposit, could I get a refund if I change my mind before the firsts semester's accommodation fees are due?

The site says there's a 10% charge if you cancel before August, which doesn't make sense to me because the offers come out tomorrow? www(dot)ucd.ie/residences/residential-services/policies-and-procedures-repository/refund-policy/

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mhangasor

For all the incoming 1st years who are wondering if they'll get campus based on their waiting list number...

By now I assume you have a new waiting list number since they've taken out all those who were on it and did not get UCD on their CAO? If this hasn't happened yet it will be very soon. You should have gone down by a major amount. If you're number is under 700 then you will definitely get a place. If it's over that, you probably won't get Belgrove, Merville, Roebuck Halls, Roebuck Castle or Glenomena which are the 5 residences that are actually on the campus. If you are only a few hundred over you are likely to be offered Muckross or Blackrock, both of which are not on campus and you will have to still get transport to campus every day. The places for Muckross and Blackrock are always the last left and can sometimes take a while to fill. So if you want one of the residences on campus, and are over 700, it is unlikely you will get one of them.

I've lived on campus for 2 years and will be living there again this year so I have a good bit of experience when it comes to the waiting list situation. Feel free to mail me if you have any questions.

mhangasor wrote: »
    For all the incoming 1st years who are wondering if they'll get campus based on their waiting list number...

By now I assume you have a new waiting list number since they've taken out all those who were on it and did not get UCD on their CAO? If this hasn't happened yet it will be very soon. You should have gone down by a major amount. If you're number is under 700 then you will definitely get a place. If it's over that, you probably won't get Belgrove, Merville, Roebuck Halls, Roebuck Castle or Glenomena which are the 5 residences that are actually on the campus. If you are only a few hundred over you are likely to be offered Muckross or Blackrock, both of which are not on campus and you will have to still get transport to campus every day. The places for Muckross and Blackrock are always the last left and can sometimes take a while to fill. So if you want one of the residences on campus, and are over 700, it is unlikely you will get one of them.

I've lived on campus for 2 years and will be living there again this year so I have a good bit of experience when it comes to the waiting list situation. Feel free to mail me if you have any questions.

don't think the number has changed yet? I'm still around 1700. Here's hoping that 1000 people ahead of me aren't going to ucd..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Silver Sniper

Hi i have a major question.
    I have an alright number on the waiting list 1080
    but i only accepted my course today a few hours ago.

This is what it says on the UCD site : If you accept your CAO offer prior to 5 pm on 18th of August and dependent on your place on the Priority Wait list, offers to book accommodation will go out at 4pm on the 20th of August (Wednesday) to successful applicants by e-mail

so because i didn't accept my offer prior to 5pm on the 18th does that mean i wont get any on campus offer??

PLEASE HELP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Hey, I'm under 100 on the waiting list but just have a question about the process tomorrow:

Do all the emails go out at once or does the 1st person on the list get an offer for accommodation, then when they've booked the second person gets theirs, and so on until all accommodation is gone.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NoWayJose!

Not speaking from past experience or anything but I think it means you could get an offer on Thursday or Friday at 4pm

Aspiring wrote: »
    Hey, I'm under 100 on the waiting list but just have a question about the process tomorrow:

Do all the emails go out at once or does the 1st person on the list get an offer for accommodation, then when they've booked the second person gets theirs, and so on until all accommodation is gone.

Thanks

This year for continuing years the first 50 in the waiting list were given the option to pick at 4pm on whatever date it was. All the emails were sent at the same time, not staggered.

However, the two years previous they just let everyone under the limit (yours being 700) pick a room at 4pm. Since they majorly messed up the system this year I would guess they might revert back to doing it this way. Cannot guarantee it though. Since you're under 100 then you will definitely get offered either tomorrow or the day after. Probably tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

NoWayJose! wrote: »
    Not speaking from past experience or anything but I think it means you could get an offer on Thursday or Friday at 4pm

Getting very very stressed now!! I haven't checked my no on the waiting list to see has it changed but I was around 1300-ish originally so if I do get a place then I probably won't get the email tomorrow and I freaking booked the day off work for it, so if I get it Thursday or Friday I won't be able to book straight away, I'll be in work :(

• Advertisement

Getting very very stressed now!! I haven't checked my no on the waiting list to see has it changed but I was around 1300-ish originally so if I do get a place then I probably won't get the email tomorrow and I freaking booked the day off work for it, so if I get it Thursday or Friday I won't be able to book straight away, I'll be in work :(

Check your number to see if it's changed! I gind it hard to believe UCD still haven't sorted through the people who didn't get UCD and haven't given you your new number! You will know very soon anyway. If you were 1300 initially you could well be tomorrow, provided they let the first 700 book tomorrow. I went down from 700 to about 200 when I was in 1st year.

If you don't get your offer tomorrow you will have to get someone else to book it for you! You won't get one of the good places unless you book as soon as the offer goes out. Although, if you don't get your offer tomorrow you may not get one of the good places anyway unfortunately :/

Sorry to be so negative but this is how it is sadly.

How quickly does Belgrove tend to get booked out? A matter of minutes?

How quickly does Belgrove tend to get booked out? A matter of minutes?

Merville, Belgrove and Roebuck Halls will go within a minute or two. Glenomena usually goes a few minutes after. Then Roebuck Castle because it's the catered one and more expensive. Blackrock and Muckross will stay available and will be offered to the next batch because nobody wants those haha.

PS if I were you, Merville is much nicer than Belgrove (although it was renovated more this summer) and the same price, plus you share the bathroom with less people. I'd suggest that!

Merville, Belgrove and Roebuck Halls will go within a minute or two. Glenomena usually goes a few minutes after. Then Roebuck Castle because it's the catered one and more expensive. Blackrock and Muckross will stay available and will be offered to the next batch because nobody wants those haha.

PS if I were you, Merville is much nicer than Belgrove (although it was renovated more this summer) and the same price, plus you share the bathroom with less people. I'd suggest that!

Maybe yeah, do the apartments in Merville have ovens? Strange question I know.

Maybe yeah, do the apartments in Merville have ovens? Strange question I know.

Not strange at all because nowhere on campus has them :( I'm fairly sure they've been taken out of the renovated Belgrove but cannot say for certain.

Not strange at all because nowhere on campus has them :( I'm fairly sure they've been taken out of the renovated Belgrove but cannot say for certain.

Ah balls. All my friends are going with Belgrove but the whole two showers thing is tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CitrusCircus

what are the chances of getting accommodation when you're around 1700?

what are the chances of getting accommodation when you're around 1700?

You could go down a good bit by tomorrow. I don't think they've taken out the people who haven't gotten into UCD.

I'm also around 1700. But I'm working tomorrow from 5 to 9.. If I do get an offer but don't accept and book untill after 9 could I lose my place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 HollyS96

Do many first years stay in Roebuck Hall or Roebuck Castle? I probably won't get Merville or Belgrove.

Advertisement