Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mollyoflafal

mhangasor wrote: »
    Nope, if you live in Roebuck Castle you have to pay for catering. Roebuck Halls is similar though and not catered.

Thanks! I'm choosing my room purely by the least strict security haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CitrusCircus

How come the waiting list is so slow now? It was so fast yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mhangasor

Thanks! I'm choosing my room purely by the least strict security haha.

Well Roebuck Castle and Halls are in the same security complex and I find it's the least strict because it has the least party reputation. So you can get away with stuff easier there but still be careful, because if the guards get to know you as a trouble maker it can ruin the year because they're the same guards all the time!

How come the waiting list is so slow now? It was so fast yesterday..

The offers go out at 4pm every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

I've gone up to number 300 on the list. Is it worth waiting and seeing if I get a place or have I no chance? I could use this time to look up digs and stuff.

• Advertisement

jazz101 wrote: »
    I've gone up to number 300 on the list. Is it worth waiting and seeing if I get a place or have I no chance? I could use this time to look up digs and stuff.

There's still a good chance but I'd still look up digs if you are willing to go down that rout. The offer won't go out until 4pm anyway so you do have time to look up digs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mc Kenzie 1

b0gg3r wrote: »
    How can you see what year your flatmates are? I can just see "Due 1st September"

There are 3 photos already uploaded under my room details just above the "due 1st Sept" which means they are existing students.

There are 3 photos already uploaded under my room details just above the "due 1st Sept" which means they are existing students.

How does that mean they're 2nd years? Everyone moves in on 1st Sept. They could be any year.

Yes, how do you see what year they're in? I've never seen that before and it doesn't show up for me. The only info I have is their name and picture.

I didn't think that any 1st years would have been able to get their photos up by 4pm yesterday ?? Maybe I'm wrong though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thillywabbit

Hi, im a female first year UCD student, im desperately drying to avoid digs. Ive been looking at houses to rent near the campus but i need people to share with. Anybody interested???

• Advertisement

I didn't think that any 1st years would have been able to get their photos up by 4pm yesterday ?? Maybe I'm wrong though ?

I think what people are saying is that they could be 2nd years or 3rd years or 4th years etc.

That's true, I'd say most 1st years haven't gotten their photos up yet. But was the option to upload a photo available before yesterday? Surely it was if you had your SISWeb details! So there's no way to tell what year they're in but since continuing years have the least places on campus (only 275 or something) then it would be unlikely that your entire house would have 2nd years in it except you. Some might be 1st years, international or final years but there's no way to tell really.

How does that mean they're 2nd years? Everyone moves in on 1st Sept. They could be any year.

I didn't think that any 1st years would have had their photos on the system by yesterday 4pm ? But hopefully I am wrong as don't want to be the only newbie !

That's true, I'd say most 1st years haven't gotten their photos up yet. But was the option to upload a photo available before yesterday? Surely it was if you had your SISWeb details! So there's no way to tell what year they're in but since continuing years have the least places on campus (only 275 or something) then it would be unlikely that your entire house would have 2nd years in it except you. Some might be 1st years, international or final years but there's no way to tell really.[/quote

Yep you're right ...I know 1is a 2nd year but only guessing about the other 2

I think what people are saying is that they could be 2nd years or 3rd years or 4th years etc.

Yep you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 29 oconnell122

Any one know if there's any places left for 1st years now? I'm 174 on the list and would take absolutely anything.. Not v optimistic though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 varghese

Hi, im a female first year UCD student, im desperately drying to avoid digs. Ive been looking at houses to rent near the campus but i need people to share with. Anybody interested???

I am a also a 1st year UCD student and like to share the room with somebody. I am an Indian origin with Irish nationality, nonsmoker, nondrinker. If interested contact me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ferdiabrowne

wel, just realised how old this post is! damn! so as somebody who, like myself, is desperately avoiding digs, have you any advice on where to say and what not.

Desperate from Sligo...

also im a lad, non smoker, and have a friend looking to share with me also...

RSVP

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Reilly45

Anyone get anything?

Is that it then until tomorrow or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Kicon

Is this done today then? I'm 48 on the list

that's what it looks like :(

I'm really stressing out now

• Registered Users Posts: 29 aviral10000

Okay I know it is not related to accommodation. But do we have any football society ? Not american football. Soccer.

If people log out of their accounts (not the waiting list) does the number on the waiting list change? I keep going from one number to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kerryman111

Anybody know a good student accommodation block within walking distance to the city . Kind of stuck at the moment , if anyone is looking for an extra person to fill a vacancy pm me , going up to Dublin for a laugh

Okay I know it is not related to accommodation. But do we have any football society ? Not american football. Soccer.

yeah I have a UCD sports booklet and men and women's football (soccer) is in it.

I got the booklet off a friend so it's from last year.

I just got an offer for a place there I'm so relieved

Kicon wrote: »
    I just got an offer for a place there I'm so relieved

what residence did you get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Anyone in Belgrove House 2 Apartment 6?

Advertisement