Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CitrusCircus

Aspiring wrote: »
    You could go down a good bit by tomorrow. I don't think they've taken out the people who haven't gotten into UCD.

i hope so! oh i thought they did that already, hence my worry! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

i hope so! oh i thought they did that already, hence my worry! :L

I thought so too. But then I checked the SIS web thing and it said updated 8th May soooo.. We'll see tomorrow I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mhangasor

HollyS96 wrote: »
    Do many first years stay in Roebuck Hall or Roebuck Castle? I probably won't get Merville or Belgrove.

Roebuck Halls is one of the first to go. It's mostly first years and international students. Every time I've lived there I've been with three first years, one continuing year and two Americans. Roebuck Castle also has a lot of first years, but because it's so expensive it usually doesn't fill up as fast.

I'm also around 1700. But I'm working tomorrow from 5 to 9.. If I do get an offer but don't accept and book untill after 9 could I lose my place?

You'll have to book at 4, otherwise most places will be gone. You will still be able to book somewhere but as I've mentioned before, the good places go in a matter of minutes. So if you're planning to take one of the campus places that are actually on campus, then I'd do it bang on 4pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 oconnell122

mhangasor wrote: »
    You'll have to book at 4, otherwise most places will be gone. You will still be able to book somewhere but as I've mentioned before, the good places go in a matter of minutes. So if you're planning to take one of the campus places that are actually on campus, then I'd do it bang on 4pm!

I may call in sick just to be on the safe side. :/

• Advertisement

I may call in sick just to be on the safe side. :/

To be honest I think it's a good plan, getting a house for the year is pretty important!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JAM3114

I hope that I have this right. If you accepted place on Monday before 5pm then you should be getting an accommodation email 4pm today. Then there is 24 hours to accept? Is there any way to check where you are on the waiting list now? Back in May it was mid 300's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

JAM3114 wrote: »
    I hope that I have this right. If you accepted place on Monday before 5pm then you should be getting an accommodation email 4pm today. Then there is 24 hours to accept? Is there any way to check where you are on the waiting list now? Back in May it was mid 300's

Log into ucd sis web then go to campus facilities then accommodation then book a room. Scroll down it'll show where you are on the list. This is the same page we book on later

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

If anybody needs a place I have a twin room on Wellington Road in Ballsbridge available. Im going into 2nd year and was supposed to be sharing the flat with two friends however they decided last minute to drop out and I'm now looking for roommates. 430 each. Great location just off Baggot Street and within 5 minutes walk to both 39a and 46a buses to UCD. 15 minute walk to Grafton Street. Get in touch with me if interested and I'll get back to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

http://cp.ucd.ie/ucdconnect/

This site down for anyone else?

• Advertisement

Aspiring wrote: »
    Log into ucd sis web then go to campus facilities then accommodation then book a room. Scroll down it'll show where you are on the list. This is the same page we book on later

Thank you, found that its showing 166 fingers crossed will be succesful. Roll on 4pm and put us out of our misery !!!

[This site down for anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I just got in, I can't post link (new user)
    but it wasn't through your link

do you get an email on your ucd email account or the one you gave to the cao i.e my own email address?

I'm 796 now. Does that mean il just miss out or is there a chance that I could still get a room?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

[This site down for anyone else?

I just got in, I can't post link (new user)
    but it wasn't through your link[/QUOTE]

Can you PM me the link?

EDIT, never mind, found a working one!

I'm 796 now. Does that mean il just miss out or is there a chance that I could still get a room?
    where can you see your new number?
    nevermind I found it!

Since you're above the threshold you won't be getting an offer today provided they do it the same way as the last 2 years. There may be Roebuck Castle available tomorrow and there's a high chance Blackrock and Muckross would be available if you'd consider taking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Reilly45

mhangasor wrote: »
    Since you're above the threshold you won't be getting an offer today provided they do it the same way as the last 2 years. There may be Roebuck Castle available tomorrow and there's a high chance Blackrock and Muckross would be available if you'd consider taking them.

I'm at 750 right now, so I'm pretty screwed if I don't want Blackrock, Roebuck Castle or Muckross?

maybe there's dubs on the list who wont take campus :/ here's hoping anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 portiabelle

Can anyone else not access their SISweb? I've tried using my CAO number and DOB but having no luck with it! Just afraid I will have problems at 4pm..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Thomasl4133

Hi there ,3 lads looking for accommodation near ucd or near bus route.Anyone who is looking to fill a house contact me on this.We are three first years and we all missed out on campus accommodation.we are all good craic and clean

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

Just jumped 600 places to 565. Am hoping for Merville, anyone want to weigh in on my chances?

Also, anyone know where I can find how many beds each residence offers?

Edit: 392 now, the must be filling places.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

I HAVE NO EMAIL... FREAKINGOUT

how much are tents?

no hope of getting anything is there if you haven't got an email yet?

no hope of getting anything is there if you haven't got an email yet?

Just check your SIS page campus facilities see if there is an allocation there.
    I didn't wait for an email.
    Just kept going into the campus facilities

YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

GOT MERVILLE!!

Apartment 2 Room 1, Merville House 22\

Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 siibel

Hey, are people still getting offers for campus? I was hoping for blackrock but got this email earlier today from them and have been freaking out since.

Dear Student,

At present our accommodation is completely full and we are not longer offering rooms. Our room bookings have been running since mid-July and since then we have offered out all of our available rooms.

Given the situation I would recommend seeking off-campus accommodation, the information for which can be found below which may be of help to you. As you can imagine there are many students looking for accommodation at this time as the term date is fast approaching so you may find the accommodation search quite difficult; our advice is to keep persevering. We know it can be tough but perseverance is necessary to secure private housing.

Just check your SIS page campus facilities see if there is an allocation there.
    I didn't wait for an email.
    Just kept going into the campus facilities

This is what I did, booked and deposited, still no email.

• Advertisement

b0gg3r wrote: »
    This is what I did, booked and deposited, still no email.

I can only see my ucd connect email, I have an email from Residential service confirming offer & second one confirming booking/payment.

I would imagine that if its on your SIS page as booked & allocated & you can see payment from card that you would be ok.

Maybe emails are just a little slow to be issued.

Advertisement