Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update tipped for August 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Great, I might have a go at that now so.

Presumably if I set the correct CSC when doing the update that way, Kies will still recognise the phone so that when Samsung release the official JB fimrware it will update through Kies if it's different to the one on Sammobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Just seen I9300XXDLI2 has been leaked.

Quick question: I see on the XDA forums many users go on about wiping the phone before flashing a new firmware. I have only ever put stock official firmwares onto my phone through ODIN and also yesterday a leaked Jellybean firmware. Am I correct in thinking that there is no need for me to wipe my phone as I have never flashed a custom ROM?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

s_carnage wrote: »
    Just seen I9300XXDLI2 has been leaked.

Quick question: I see on the XDA forums many users go on about wiping the phone before flashing a new firmware. I have only ever put stock official firmwares onto my phone through ODIN and also yesterday a leaked Jellybean firmware. Am I correct in thinking that there is no need for me to wipe my phone as I have never flashed a custom ROM?

You don't need to do that using ODIN , which is why most people go that route...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Cheers. Might just stick with what I have until the official one comes out just incase anything goes wrong.

Just put JB on it, build XXDLI1 from the sammobile site.

Seems to work fine, but I want to set the CSC so that it will update through Kies from now on. When I try opening th eoption to select the CSC using the code on the dialler, I get a message saying "connection problem or invalid MMI code".

It worked yesterday when I wanted to select the BTU csc on 4.0.4 so that Kies would recognise it.

Any ideas for a way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

im guessing ask on xda forums mate if its important to you...
    besides that are you sure you have your imei code right?

the csc (probably) wont update on these updates either since theyre not official versions just leaked ones...

kies right now is 20 miles behind in terms of being up to date for you or anyone...

my guess is there is csc stuff you can download to do what you want anyway if its available. but it wont be until the official jellybean release - at the moment there is probably just one version (and maybe thats why code to get at csc wont work. my betting is thats why it takes the networks here so long to roll stuff out ota now that iv kinda looked into it, though i have no idea and maybe someone who knows more can answer you sometime in the next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

General question, what version of ODIN are you using?

A quick Google search returned version 3.07. Is this the latest or does it matter? Last time I used ODIN with the SGS 1 it was at version 1.6.

i used 3.0.4 to update to one of the latest versions of jellybean so 3.0.7 is probably the latest alright and any version after 3.0.4 i would guess will do just fine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

kenyard wrote: »
    i used 3.0.4 to update to one of the latest versions of jellybean so 3.0.7 is probably the latest alright and any version after 3.0.4 i would guess will do just fine
    Thanks, used 3.04 and it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

The current version of the Omega SIII rom is based on XXDLI1 & works very well. Think there will be a new one tomorrow based off XXDLI2 but I'll probably wait a while again as it's a pita to be flashing a new version every day or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Well this is taking longer than expected to roll out,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I bit the bullet and just upgraded via ODIN to I9300XXDLI2 yesterday. It's nice and smooth, and have had no issues in 24 hours so far. The new notification centre layout is nice. I'll just flash the stable(er) release when it comes out but all happy so far.

chrislad wrote: »
    I bit the bullet and just upgraded via ODIN to I9300XXDLI2 yesterday. It's nice and smooth, and have had no issues in 24 hours so far. The new notification centre layout is nice. I'll just flash the stable(er) release when it comes out but all happy so far.

Same here. Seems to be a bit more stable than DLI1,which I had for 24 hours only. Looks like it is missing a few of the settings menus that dli1 had, though. And Google now still can't seem to open apps or control things like turning on/off blue tooth the way s voice can (although maybe it's not meant to do it)

I had S-Voice disabled anyway. Voice recognition has a long way to go still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Google now never had those options. they are s-voice only.
    And Google now still can't seem to open apps or control things like turning on/off blue tooth the way s voice can (although maybe it's not meant to do it)

yeah im guessing that its phone specific. not every phone would have bluetooth so it wont be part of google now probably. to be honest iv found s-voice as good if not better than google voice when trying them. either way both of them struggle to do much with my voice :D
    running Dl2 also. very smooth. no issues at all. i hafnt tried a keyboard besides stock and i know in the previous versions that was what was giving trouble, so if thats fixed its probably pretty much ready for release.
    although apparently the scheduled release will be the end of the month, so ill stick to updating via custom firmware methinks :D

Using SwiftKey on DL2 with no issues, and I see DL3 is out now so I may flash that tonight.

• Advertisement

my update from dlh9 to dl2 was flawless so ill probably update to the latest version.
    considering how fast they are releasing each version at the minute im guessing its just minor bugfixes each version...
    any increase in the available up from the 818Mb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Is this gonna be much better than the stock Os ?

threein99 wrote: »
    Meh not really noticeable tbh. By stock o2 you mean the normal one I assume as I got mine with o2 and other was unbranded.
    Settings menu changes a lot. Phone is More responsive. Includes Google now. Memory increases by 30mb or so also which is nice. That may increase further too ofc.
    We are only using unfinished versions. It's gonna be 3 or 4 weeks till it's out but it's very polished already tbh.
    Running d14 now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

threein99 wrote: »

Probably not a huge improvement, just general tweaks/increase in speed/slight aesthetic changes.

We need something to get excited about :P

Edit: As kenyard said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Guys, Im new to the whole Android world after coming from the IOS phones. Ive jailbroken my fair share of iPhones but Id like to get more from my S3. Is there a place to start looking for a newbie?

or just browse around the xda forums.. thing abuot android is anything can be done with the phone... there is even a working version of ubuntu (linux) for it so it functions as a pc pretty much almost :P

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

I9300XXDLI5 leaked already, almost daily now, release within a week I'd say.

• Advertisement

I hope so, can't keep up with the leaks!

I'm on DLI2 still. Any reason to upgrade again?

Advertisement