Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

If I had the energy right about now, I would totally take your face and make a meme saying:

Back in my day, I picked broken characters

And still lost with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Not typically BBCP related, but this popped up over on Kotaku explaining in an amateur way what the Anime is ****e.

http://kotaku.com/the-blazblue-anime-is-an-utter-mess-1507947840?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I thought it picked up a bit towards the end, it was desperately ugly though, almost unwatchable at times. And for an anime based on a FIGHTING GAME there was very little FIGHTING. They have this huge array of well animated, frame by frame moves to reference and in general, they didn't even bother.

One that REALLY annoyed me was
    in the final episode, when Ragna was delivering the final blow to Mu they could have used his awesome astral, but they did this big ugly hand move instead. UGH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Anybody want a copy of this brought back from Japan by any chance? Will be coming back to Ireland for a bit in a few days so let me know soon if anyone is interested. It costs 45 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

Konata wrote: »
    Anybody want a copy of this brought back from Japan by any chance? Will be coming back to Ireland for a bit in a few days so let me know soon if anyone is interested. It costs 45 euro.

Would love to buy it, but if one of the more active BB players didn't have it yet I'd prefer they get a chance at it.

• Advertisement

Would love to buy it, but if one of the more active BB players didn't have it yet I'd prefer they get a chance at it.

I meant that I can pick up a copy for anyone who wants one. As long as I get paid back at some point, I can buy any number!

I meant that I can pick up a copy for anyone who wants one. As long as I get paid back at some point, I can buy any number!

Ohh right, that'd be awesome. Would certainly love a copy if that's the case. Have to ask when abouts would this be and where? Just so I can preplan.

Ohh right, that'd be awesome. Would certainly love a copy if that's the case. Have to ask when abouts would this be and where? Just so I can preplan.

Well I'll be back in Ireland on Thursday so whatever the next casuals/tournament you attend is, you can get it then I guess! Would have to be gotten before the end of Feb though cause I won't be in Dublin after that.

EDIT: Oh, if you don't go to casuals/tournaments or live in Dublin then I could post it to you either but you'd have to cover the cost of that aswell. Posting from Ireland obviously so it's cheaper :P

Well I'll be back in Ireland on Thursday so whatever the next casuals/tournament you attend is, you can get it then I guess! Would have to be gotten before the end of Feb though cause I won't be in Dublin after that.

I'll be at the tournament this coming Saturday, so I'll pick it up then. Thanks a lot, really appreciated :)

I'll be at the tournament this coming Saturday, so I'll pick it up then. Thanks a lot, really appreciated :)

Awesome! I won't be there myself but I'll give it to D4RK ONION to pass on to you and you can just pay him if that's ok?

• Advertisement

Awesome! I won't be there myself but I'll give it to D4RK ONION to pass on to you and you can just pay him if that's ok?

Sure thing, will probably take me a while to find him since I'd be unfamiliar with the faces, but I'll certainly be getting acquainted with everyone. Thanks again :)

I'll be the guy winning in basically every game

>_>
    <_<

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'll be the guy winning in basically every game

>_>
    <_<

Ahh yes, I believe Voa also mentioned last night that you also play Taokaka, so I'll keep an eye out for that too :P

Yeah been playing her for a few days now, she's good craic.

She's been my main for a long time, probably two years now since I dropped Hakumen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's all good, he slowly returns to earth eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bd_p6UtCAAAYajT.jpg

You seem to really hate this game Kiki :P

Anywho! So, Road to Cannes is on this weekend guys. Y'all better show up, my 1 week old Tao needs money in the prize pot.

Just looking at stuff online about Terumi and Kokonoe, but would they be downloadable on an EU console from the Japanese version of the game? Just checking, as Terumi I've been really looking forwards to and just read there that I'd need to download him to play him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Just looking at stuff online about Terumi and Kokonoe, but would they be downloadable on an EU console from the Japanese version of the game? Just checking, as Terumi I've been really looking forwards to and just read there that I'd need to download him to play him.

You have to make a Japanese PSN account, buy him and download him through that. After that you can access them through any account on that system.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16987-Importing-101
    Here's a decent guide with most of what you need to know.

Naphiel wrote: »
    You have to make a Japanese PSN account, buy him and download him through that. After that you can access them through any account on that system.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16987-Importing-101
    Here's a decent guide with most of what you need to know.

Ah, thanks for the help. Should be no bother now to get the DLC now (or at least much less of one anyway)

Update to arcades for console characters in March. Small changes for a few characters, Kokonoe finally getting the treatment. PS3 patch date not announced but the Vita version launching in April is this version so it shouldn't be too long.

Kokonoe is losing damage, gattlings, *D 236D in neutral and they're looking into stuff about her unblockable setups. Kagura is getting a damage nerf but faster C normals and less risky strings (?). Bullet and Izayoi are confirmed to be getting buffed. Don't know about the Bullet one (think it was about heat specifically) but Izayoi is potentially getting Aigis dash style in her powered stance which is big.

Only really talked about the new characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they only looked into them with GG Xrd out really soon and P4U2 console in a few months.

Was there no changes for Terumi mentioned, or do they consider him reasonably balanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LinkieFox

Was there no changes for Terumi mentioned, or do they consider him reasonably balanced?

Terumi is fairly well rounded. At least enough that they've decided other characters need more attention for now.

I think they gave him another super and another angle for his chain one? Doesn't sound like anything major.

No words on Azrael either. Letting him rock I guess? He's strong but by no means crazy so I wouldn't be surprised if he was just left as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

With such little time to go until Aprils rumored patch date, it seems as though people on Dustloop are going to stop the Kokonoe argument & let her rock for what time she has left. That and there's like only 2 tournaments between now and April, they can't find the motivation to continue the argument.

That and Alex Valle tweeted out his "Show me, in a tournament, not a video, why this character deserves to be banned. She's allowed for NCL" or some other tournament name.

They stopped caring after that whole ordeal because this patch was rumoured around that time. Everyone is fine letting her rock because everyone is playing her now.

Character is still ridonkulous and should be banned til the patch imo.

Any word on Tao or Valk Naphiel? I agree that Azrael is pretty much fine, that first hit is tough enough for him and his mixups aren't Valk level.

• Advertisement

Agreed. No reason to put her back in because she'll be fine later on.

They haven't announced anything for anyone who wasn't new to CP. Didn't even announce anything for Amane.

Translated list here http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17720-CP-News-Gameplay-Discussion/page86&p=1596997&viewfull=1#post1596997

Advertisement