Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Did they buff Noel's hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Still got 2 astrals.
    Still dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Makofueled

Pops our Lord and Saviour

Some say he's the greatest player in NA.
    Though in all seriousness to him, fair play. There wasn't a ton of killers there besides Bananaken (who looked clueless in the matchup) but he won the thing handily. For a 14 year Plat player that's really impressive.

The only bad thing about this is people are going to prepare more obscure match ups for Evo now. I wanted to see Grandia go on a rampage. He probably will regardless.

Grandia will go on a rampage until the Az/Rach-fest 8)
    NA will be too busy practicing anti dream sally tech because they dont wanna get full screen astraled. But yeah, Pops' execution was on point as hell considering some of the mad drops elsewhere in top 16 and it being his first major. No jitters there, even with that 22c character specific bull**** timing ;;
    Props2Pops

• Advertisement

I don't think Azrael Tager is that bad and he'll have way too much experience in the match up for American Azraels. I don't get why they don't seem to have a strong one outside of Rath. He's a really simple character to play. Just honest I guess. N-otoko could probably take him out but I'd say that's it for Rachel. I'd say he has to watch out for Pain and LK. They're lab and grind monsters.

That astral buffer was so real. I haven't a clue about anything Plat but he just played really clean.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Link to this match anyone?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yooooo, Pops! My hero. His D is sick.

Pools start today for this at 4pm streamed at twitch.tv/Jyosua. At 10pm the quarter and semi final pools will be streamed on twitch.tv/srkevo2.

Top 8 finals streamed on the main channel (www.twitch.tv/srkevo1) at 5pm Sunday.

Lets go Dogura!

• Advertisement

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/arcade-version-blazblue-chrono-phantasma-adding-celica-lambda-11

Celica and Lambda coming to arcade probably after Arc Revo, which is the end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

....a pair of clone characters?

Do you reckon a re-re-balance patch is coming along with this?

Celica is said to be using some form of puppet created by Kokonoe. Persona style character maybe? Saying she's designed for beginners with that makes me iffy, last character they said that about was Izayoi and that didn't turn out exactly as planned.

Lambda said to play around Nu's Luna form (the lambda form) with different drives? They could do something interesting with it, idk.

They could update it? I don't think its really necessary. 1.1 is really good. I'd like them to just buff the bottom 5 (Makoto, Bullet, Kagura etc) and leave the rest as is. After giving Ragna wild throw obviously.

Naphiel wrote: »
    After giving Ragna wild throw obviously.

You're a monster :pac:

I just wonder what kind of doll character you can have that'd be new enough to justify what looks to be a recoloured Nirvana. Relius plays similarly to a P4A character, and Carl is far too difficult to be inviting as a new player playstyle.

I hope there's enough difference with Lambda to actually warrant bringing her back. Or maybe Nu gets a huge rebalance as well and loses her form? Who knows, tis a mighty mystery.

I'm pretty much on board with what you said; buff the bottom 5 enough to improve them, but largely leave the game alone. They'd be pushing too many rapid updates if they changed everything again.

I mean more S.Labrys style. She plays really different to Relius and standard Persona characters so it could be a similar style to that.

When they say different drives, I'm hoping for something that is actually different than the swords. She has a versatile moveset that could be used in a completely different manner given one or two more options. Give her a vertical AA, different C normals and keep all the 2147D feint and gravity well stuff and I'm about it. I'm interested in seeing how she plays anyway.

I'll wait and see what they do balance wise. I think its fine but depending on the scale of things I wouldn't mind some small tweaks. Even more minor than 1.0 to 1.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Voa wrote: »
    I just wonder what kind of doll character you can have that'd be new enough to justify what looks to be a recoloured Nirvana.
    It looks like they've actually changed up her in game design a decent amount:

Hy2PLTT.jpg

....robo-legginess.

Goddamn it, Kokonoe.

(On an interesting side-note, robo and Kokonoe threw up complaints by spellchecker, but not legginess.)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GigasBreaker

Never had any interest in blazblue but I finally watched it at evo and after that top 8 had to pick it up. Now I just need to figure out how to play it lol any advice for someone trying to get into blazblue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Never had any interest in blazblue but I finally watched it at evo and after that top 8 had to pick it up. Now I just need to figure out how to play it lol any advice for someone trying to get into blazblue

Pick Ragna and do the tutorials and trials/challenges.

Pick Ragna and do the tutorials and trials/challenges.
    Done all the tutorials and a good few of the trials with a handful of characters. I'm liking Azrael and tager at the moment. Just still getting use to all the different mechanics and speed compared to usf4

• Advertisement

Azrael is good for beginners. His gameplan is really simple and tends to not change very much depending on the match up. Not to mention he's really really good.

Any particular areas in which you need advice? There's a lot in the game but its fairly straight forward. Since watched top 8 you should have an idea of where to start with Azrael because you watched the best Azrael in the world go on tournament point to choke over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Naphiel wrote: »
    Azrael is good for beginners.

Azrael has hard combos...

for some.

Rekkas too hard.

I'd advise teching purple throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Anyone have a link to the Evo top 8?

No spoilers plz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAi8EkVLxhQ

Quality could be a better but considering all you're likely to get are restreams, its not so bad.

At the time when watching evo i didn't really no what was going on but now that i have had the chance to play it. I'll need to go back and watch that match again t see what i can pick up. I have tried a few games online and got destroyed in every single one of them lol I think a problem with trying to learn this game or trying to learn it for competitive play is there is maybe 1 or 2 people at Queens who will play it and i dont think it would be anything more than casual few games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I've been out of BB for a loooooooong time but I'll play just about anything that isn't made by NRS. (Yeah, yeah everyone knows I hate SF4 but I still played seriously for about a year before my soul died)

Would have to go buy a PS3 to learn it properly, but if you bring it to casuals you can test yourself against the day 1 Bullet stuff I figured out in half an hour last November. :pac:

At the time when watching evo i didn't really no what was going on but now that i have had the chance to play it. I'll need to go back and watch that match again t see what i can pick up. I have tried a few games online and got destroyed in every single one of them lol I think a problem with trying to learn this game or trying to learn it for competitive play is there is maybe 1 or 2 people at Queens who will play it and i dont think it would be anything more than casual few games

First thing is to not bother with online outside of player matches. Stick to the arcade or private lobbies, nothing else is worth your time.

Unfortunately, since a lot of characters have unique neutral, you'll probably get beat a few times when facing someone new until you're familiar with their playstyle.

• Advertisement

Yeah because of the way D works in Blazblue there's a lot of matchup learning. Granted for universal help this is always a good link.

dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3966-list-and-discussion-of-blazblue-option-selects/

(dat new user no link posting suffering ;; )

Advertisement