Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I wouldn't use a lot of those tbh. Changes have been made to CP to change some of them drastically (barrier throw tech os is bad now). Also, there's a lot of things you should look to get a grasp of before looking towards option selects and more complicated options.

I think the only things that are important in that thread are the anti-roll os and cross up barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GigasBreaker

Yeah I knew you would be up for a few games lol but it's just a shame I can only get games in with people like once a week and that's if I'm not busy or working (hint hint get a ps3 cough cough) I could get a few psn's off here but I wanna wait for abit so I don't scrub out and make a fool out of myself lol getting the hang over combos but in the neutral game, feel like I'm in block stun for 95% of a match and getting counter hit the other 5% lol never got anyone down to less than half health woe is me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

feel like I'm in block stun for 95% of a match and getting counter hit the other 5%

That's always been one of my gripes with anime games, pressure strings seem to go on forever and it's rarely obvious where the gaps are. You usually have to go specifically test the stuff you're getting pinned by. Otherwise people can just do the dumbest **** over and over until you get caught.

It usually turns out you can mash jab out at some random point where it looks like total suicide. :pac:

The piece of advice I can give is to make sure you're poking out with the right moves. For Azrael that means 5A if they're on the ground, 5A/5B if you think they're going to either instant air dash or jump on you to reset pressure, or 2C if they back off and jump on you again. (if you don't know number notation, just look at your keyboards number pad. 5 is neutral and 2 is crouching)

Most of the time I hear about people complaining about poking out in anime games, they're usually trying something with way too long start up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Makofueled

My method for finding gaps with Ragna has always been

1)mash 2a during blockstun

2) Did it come out?

(2.1) I hit them. (Dat abare, proceed to 4)

(2.2) They blocked it. (Good enough for me to start pressure! Proceed to 4)

(2.3) I got counter hit ;_; (proceed to 3)

3) try mash dp there next time

4) Do stuff

On a basic level anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Depends on each character if your stuck in blockstun. Ragna for example can either mash C'DP and piss everyone off to high heavens, or get blocked and be free. :p Or you could just.. crouching jab.

Not sure what Azreal's option would be, but hazama, Jin etc have some pretty decent jabs too iirc, for jabbing out of hitstun. If in doubt DP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This is only €34.99 on EU PSN which is cheap compared to the extortionate amazon prices for a US copy.

Just purchased it. Can any of the extra characters be unlocked through in game means or do they have to be purchased?

You can unlock Kagura by beating story mode. Other two characters are DLC.

Bastards!

Terumi was free if you got the game on launch in Japan and America anyway. No idea about Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Can any of the extra characters be unlocked through in game means...?
    And remember, this is Blazblue, so completing the story mode will likely take you until next year.

You can get through it in about 50 minutes if you just turn on auto scroll.

So Bullet seems pretty fun to use.

Is her ridiculous 720A>720D>1080D ever used in a real match or a necessary part of her game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

It can be used. There's an interesting setup used as part of a pressure string I saw before where you end the pressure in a blocked 6C, and dash in after the bounce away and use her 720 after the dash. This obviously needs 2 heat, since without it she has a scoot rather than a dash.

That being said, you probably won't do any super a lot with Bullet. Her gameplan involves using meter to gain heat, or burning both meter and head to ensure heat and damage when a combo ends, rather than one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

Have people moved onto using the translated US version now, or are ye all still using the Japanese version?

I'm using the EU version from the Irish PSN store.

So Bullet seems pretty fun to use.

Is her ridiculous 720A>720D>1080D ever used in a real match or a necessary part of her game?

It costs 2 heat and 50 meter to do approximately half of the average characters life. Its good if you can get it but you don't have that big grappler threat that others have to force your opponent to respect you. Its rare but not useless.
    Have people moved onto using the translated US version now, or are ye all still using the Japanese version?

Casuals and tournaments still running off the Japanese version because we have discs. I'm still running my Japanese copy, though I might pick up and English copy for Vita if it gets the updates for Celica & Lambda on time.
    Voa wrote: »
    It can be used. There's an interesting setup used as part of a pressure string I saw before where you end the pressure in a blocked 6C, and dash in after the bounce away and use her 720 after the dash. This obviously needs 2 heat, since without it she has a scoot rather than a dash.

That being said, you probably won't do any super a lot with Bullet. Her gameplan involves using meter to gain heat, or burning both meter and head to ensure heat and damage when a combo ends, rather than one or the other.

Or just do a dash 720. 6C is baaad outside of combo routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Wait, this actually came out? When? I owe someone a copy from that release date betting pool.

Sairus wrote: »
    Wait, this actually came out? When? I owe someone a copy from that release date betting pool.

They kindof cheated and did a digital only release a couple months ago to absolutely zero fanfare.

So technically it's still not on store shelves yet.

• Advertisement

tumblr_n9srg2QFdC1spivfbo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

how

Style.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

Looks like he was hit by... *puts on sunglasses* ...a smooth criminal.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

EEEEH you okay? You okay? You okay Hazzee?!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Damn. Urge to play Haz rising.

Some of this **** coming in from the Loketests.

Bullet and Azreal seem to be getting the strangest...buffs? I guess? They're not awful things happening to them.

Meanwhile, in Tager Town;
    - 6B not overhead anymore.

G'night everyone, it's been a great 4 years.

Haz combo is fatal and crouching. Basically do whatever you want.

Also everyone has got nerfed to **** in this loketest. I don't expect the majority of it to stick. Azrael got nerfed pretty bad, not buffed. Izayoi changes are beast. If it sticks like that I'll drop Ragna for her in a heartbeat.

I wasn't sure on the Az stuff, a lot of it is stuff I would have to see in game to recognise (like, what's his 6B look like? Is it big it doesn't launch?). All I saw was "wallsplat on rekka", wallsplat off any hit with Valiant, instant Growler cancels, faster Growler start up and more pressure off Gustav. Yeah, no more full inv reversal sucks, but deal with it. His offence is so powerful once he pops his top that a reversal tool should be something he lacks, beyond block/best backdash options on wake up.

Also, not sure how I feel about ODGC. I'll have to learn who's pressure strings are jump cancelable now. OD720 punish e'eryday. Or does it still take the 15 frames to startup? And I'm hearing conflicting reports about OD duration, any reliable source on it?

• Advertisement

I wasn't even aware Tager had a 6B. :pac:

Advertisement