Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

What time is the Clubs and Socs event on tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Eggy Baby! wrote: »

10-4

• Registered Users Posts: 46 theNewGirl

Eggy Baby! wrote: »

They sent an e-mail out with all the details today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Quick question guys: is there an airsoft club? I saw one mentioned in the first year handbook but couldn't see a stall for one today

EDIT: There ain't. Would love to set one up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Quinzy

We tried to set one up two years ago. Numbers were low and as excursions are expensive, the club fizzled out quickly. Best of luck if you want to try again though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

so what did everyone join? I joined Rugby snooker MUCk self defense and Ladsoc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I joined the Pro-Choice Soc, the Broadcasting Soc, Gaming Soc, German Soc and Omega, that's what I can remember at least! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

In a history lecture right now:P so bored......joined loads:D kickboxing (can't wait for that one), Disney, svp, games, gaisce, dance, rovers, anthropology and broadcasting:D some were free to join now so that was grand... Wanted to join trampolining as well but already joined too many - will see what I'll actually have time to do haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Missed Clubs & Socs day because I was sick at home! :(

In other news I got granted a transfer from Law into English & Geography :D Delighted! Really hope it's for me! :)

^ Don't worry, you can sign up after Clubs & Socs day in the SU clubhouse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Fairs Day was awesome! Busiest one I've saw, and I've been here a while :pac: Yay for anyone who joined Pro-Choice or FemSoc, I was probably talking to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

I joined the Pro-Choice Soc, the Broadcasting Soc, Gaming Soc, German Soc and Omega, that's what I can remember at least! :pac:

I didn't see the German soc :0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Yeah it was good, I trolled loads, annoyed a few people, got in several good puns and joined Badminton, Dance, Minds, Style, Hangover Free, Swimming and the Galway Cycle.

I wanted to join LADsoc, Tag Rugby and games but I couldn't find them.

I also have to thank the girl from Style for announcing that im straight just after my mates decided that I must be gay because I wore tight jeans and a cardigan. I was thinking about joining and she suddenly came out with "Dont worry about being on your own I think some other straight guys might have joined earlier." :D

loser2k12 wrote: »
    I didn't see the German soc :0

They asked me to join so I confused them by saying Nein Danke.

I joined for Oktoberfest. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

GarIT wrote: »
    Yeah it was good, I trolled loads, annoyed a few people, got in several good puns and joined Badminton, Dance, Minds, Style, Hangover Free, Swimming and the Galway Cycle.

I wanted to join LADsoc, Tag Rugby and games but I couldn't find them.

I also have to thank the girl from Style for announcing that im straight just after my mates decided that I must be gay because I wore tight jeans and a cardigan. I was thinking about joining and she suddenly came out with "Dont worry about being on your own I think some other straight guys might have joined earlier." :D
    Did she touch your shoulder when she said that? Because then she may have been lying....though i cant see why more straight fellas wouldnt join it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Joined, Archery, FLAG FOOOOOOOTBAAAWLLLLL, and Rugby :3 Forgot about Gaming society ;___;;

On a side note, lads/ladies..

Where on earth would I get a "King Size" lab coat (i.e one for fat people?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I wanna join Pro-Choice, but I was home today with food poisoning.

Also missed an English tutorial but that's a lesser worry! :pac:

Thwip! wrote: »
    Did she touch your shoulder when she said that? Because then she may have been lying....though i cant see why more straight fellas wouldnt join it

I'm only going so I can buy clothes without my mammy.

I'm only going so I can buy clothes without my mammy.
    Little do you realize she's actually the society president o.O

• Advertisement

Little do you realize she's actually the society president o.O

Mammy?

Mammy?
    It probably means you'll get your two euro back. Gotta be some benefit to it

It probably means you'll get your two euro back. Gotta be some benefit to it

I already have a mammy in college :)@Kellief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 OneOfTheseDays

Who or what are LADSoc?

tumblr_malymwxZGC1r0ytwpo2_500.jpg

*Not so proud white, privileged, heterosexual male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

^ You haven't heard about LadSoc? :eek: Imma send you a FB message presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

*Not so proud white, privileged, heterosexual male.

Let me guess, Femsoc? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 OneOfTheseDays

I have been known to attend FemSoc events, I won't deny that. Just wonder what LadSoc entails. Their Facebook page is not very revealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Seren_ wrote: »
    ^ You haven't heard about LadSoc? :eek: Imma send you a FB message presently.

emm...

Lancashire and District Subaru Owners Club?www.ladsoc.co.uk

The same LADSOC?

I wonder...whose phone went off in Thursday's CS lab session and played the Cowboy Bebop theme tune? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

As of tomorrow the study begins. Can't wait :(

Advertisement