Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* 1st Year NUIM Students 2012-2013 *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jessieg20

Any other peops in on mon and tues?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

Shakeshake wrote: »
    Yayy.. finally another bmus student!....There's very few of us around the place :P
    I'm Lydia Jones btw :D
    Do you know what day we're starting?! Still havent received anything from NUIM..

Hi Lydia! I'm Emily :) I'll be joining you on the Bmus course! (That currently makes four of us!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Jessieg20 wrote: »

Yep! :) Group 3 for Orientation, Law & Business! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Does anyone know how science is split up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

marko93 wrote: »

As in?

• Advertisement

DB21 wrote: »

As in?
    Sorry, I meant for Orientation, I presumed because science is a large group we'd be split up to smaller groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EWong

Shinato wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I've never read those books but I might give them a go. I love that they're so many normal people Well... what I consider normal... like me! :D

I'm not trying to impress you or anything... but I just finished my star wars marathon last night :)

His books are really amazing, I'd tell anyone to read them male or female. Well colour me impressed, was it the original series or the new one? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Sorry, I meant for Orientation, I presumed because science is a large group we'd be split up to smaller groups?

When I did my orientation (3 Years Ago! :eek:) we were all together as one group for the lecture intros, but there was an hour when you'd be divided off into your denominated group. Outside of those, you'll be divided by class again, as far as I can recall.

DB21 wrote: »

When I did my orientation (3 Years Ago! :eek:) we were all together as one group for the lecture intros, but there was an hour when you'd be divided off into your denominated group. Outside of those, you'll be divided by class again, as far as I can recall.
    Ahh roysh! Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tazmcn

Novella wrote: »
    I have a letter to say that my grant application has been approved, pending some documentation of my claim. So I've sent the documentation needed, but haven't heard anything back. I can't really afford to pay the fees out of my own pocket right now, even if they would be refunded down the line, so should I just bring that letter and pay the Student Contribution?

I should probably just e-mail the fees and grants office about this!
    I don't know whether to pay the fees or not, SUSI say my application is being processed, but I want a student card because I'll save a lot on the bus and I should be able to get enough together to pay the fees. Whats the latest you can pay them?

I have gotten a letter off SUSI saying I qualify for a grant. I rang the college and they said only pay the 97Euro, and when the grant comes through I can pay the rest. He said I would get my student card if I paid the 97.

Just bring the SUSI letter to registration and ye should be fine. Supposedly everyone that applied for the grant is in the same boat.

• Advertisement

Guys, has anyone actually properly received their grant yet, or are they all still being processed? Like, I have the letter to say I've been deemed eligible for a grant, is that enough proof? Because this whole not having a student card malarky sounds like a right pain in the ass.

That's the same as me. I paid the student levy and said it would be fine and I would get my student card on registration and if the grant changes I can just pay when that happens. Just bring the letter with you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

So, I registered for second year, picked my modules etc. and got the clarification email. But on moodle my new modules haven't appeared :confused: Is it because I've only payed the €97 and not the registration fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It takes a few days for the modules to appear on moodle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 karengrace93

Jessieg20 wrote: »

Me! I'm in group 5 for Arts, surnames beginning with A or B. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 karengrace93

tazmcn wrote: »
    Guys, has anyone actually properly received their grant yet, or are they all still being processed? Like, I have the letter to say I've been deemed eligible for a grant, is that enough proof? Because this whole not having a student card malarky sounds like a right pain in the ass.

That's the same as me. I paid the student levy and said it would be fine and I would get my student card on registration and if the grant changes I can just pay when that happens. Just bring the letter with you :)

Ok, thank you! I was stressing a bit over it... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shakeshake

EmzBoBo wrote: »
    Nice! I'm looking foward to joining the Chamber Orchestra myself! :D
    Think il be joining that too.. with saxophone but its not my first instrument so hopefully i'l get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

Shakeshake wrote: »
    Think il be joining that too.. with saxophone but its not my first instrument so hopefully i'l get it :D

Saxaphone? Wow! :) Really starting to look foward to Tuesday now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ParisOutrage_

I have gotten a letter off SUSI saying I qualify for a grant. I rang the college and they said only pay the 97Euro, and when the grant comes through I can pay the rest. He said I would get my student card if I paid the 97.

Just bring the SUSI letter to registration and ye should be fine. Supposedly everyone that applied for the grant is in the same boat.

Really? I rang the college a few days ago and they said something completely different. I asked would I get my student card, even though i'm still waiting on my grant to be processed. I asked them would I get it if I paid the €97 and they said no :/ I'm so confused.

Seren_ wrote: »
    It takes a few days for the modules to appear on moodle.

Thanks Seren! Just realised I posted this in the first year thread, it's becoming a lot more active than "I can haz general discussion"

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shinato

EWong wrote: »
    His books are really amazing, I'd tell anyone to read them male or female. Well colour me impressed, was it the original series or the new one? :)

Well I'm a female so I fit under that bracket :) My marathon actually consisted of prequel and 'the clone wars.' I've only 'A New Hope,' from the original and I've not seen 'The Empire Strikes back,' or ROTJ in AGES!!! I'll need to get my hands on them methinks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

In regards to the €97 how is that to be paid? Is cash or does it have to be by cheque?

In regards to the €97 how is that to be paid? Is cash or does it have to be by cheque?

You cant pay by cash or cheque. It's a bank giro but you can pay online aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aine4444

Hey, I must sound awful silly but I haven't a clue :L I seriously lack organisation.

We register and pay for registration on Friday right? Can I pay for registration by cheque? Do I have to pay for anything else that day no? I still haven't paid for accommodation fully (well just deposit) because my bank won't let me pay over €1500 online. It'll be ok if I pay tomorrow right? Think someone else was having this problem too.

Cheers for the help :) I reckon I'll be seeing some of ye tomorrow? At last! BEEEEERS!:pac:

Really? I rang the college a few days ago and they said something completely different. I asked would I get my student card, even though i'm still waiting on my grant to be processed. I asked them would I get it if I paid the €97 and they said no :/ I'm so confused.

I have no clue then. I was told I would be fine. Sure chance it anyways. I would say they will give you the student card. None of the grants come through until October I think. They won't leave us without cards till then...well at least I am hoping anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ParisOutrage_

I have no clue then. I was told I would be fine. Sure chance it anyways. I would say they will give you the student card. None of the grants come through until October I think. They won't leave us without cards till then...well at least I am hoping anyways

They seem to be contradicting themselves on a lot of things. Yeah I was going to do that anyway :P I really hope they do.

They seem to be contradicting themselves on a lot of things. Yeah I was going to do that anyway :P I really hope they do.

Yeah they seam to be telling a lot of different people different things. It will be all fine once we are up there :)

I am so so excited to go up. I am heading up tomorrow but I am really nervous too. I think at the moment I am more nervous than excited. I hope people are going up tomorrow night. It seams not a lot of people are.

Is anyone else nervous about room-mates? I have been talking to some UCD campus people (I know Maynooth is way better :P ) and it seams a lot of people are not getting on. I hope my room-mates like me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

There is no need to worry about being nervous!! Everyone in first year is in the same situation so you all have at least one thing in common!!
    Just chat to people and be positive!

Don't worry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Shinato wrote: »
    Well I'm a female so I fit under that bracket :) My marathon actually consisted of prequel and 'the clone wars.' I've only 'A New Hope,' from the original and I've not seen 'The Empire Strikes back,' or ROTJ in AGES!!! I'll need to get my hands on them methinks :)
    my friend swears by the blu ray boxset

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

how many people are there in each group for orientation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 lnavalin

Has anyone received the email from SUSI? Or does the letter suffice?

Advertisement