Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Marriage/Marriage Equality/End of World?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-26773016
    He added that, as marriage predates "the State", it should not be the government's place to change its meaning.

Marriage also pre-dates the creation of the christian religion, so by his logic they don't get to dictate it either :D
    If we look at old civilization before the christian faith was invented we can see that a few allowed unions between same sex couples,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Cabaal wrote: »
    Its just wrong that those people that hate and despise black people just for being black are called racist, what sort of world do we live in? :pac:

300553.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Spokesperson for UK Coalition for Marriage on Sky News on about freedom of speech and attempts to 'shut down debate'*.

*Must have been a memo on the use of this phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Has anyone's traditional marriage been affected by events in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

not yet, but he is still in bed, so i'll get back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

lynski wrote: »
    not yet, but he is still in bed, so i'll get back to you.

I am not married, but I just looked out my window and I keep seeing a rainbow coloured van with blacked out windows. I think it is one of the gay marriage snatch squad vans. I fully support gay marriage, but I like the ladies. I hope I am not snatched and forced into a gay marriage.

Can anyone in the Gay Agenda™ put in a word for me please?
    MrP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

MrPudding wrote: »
    I am not married, but I just looked out my window and I keep seeing a rainbow coloured van with blacked out windows. I think it is one of the gay marriage snatch squad vans. I fully support gay marriage, but I like the ladies. I hope I am not snatched and forced into a gay marriage.

MrP

Have you considered conversion therapy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Gay marriage becomes legal in England and Wales.

Earthquake in LA.

Coincidence? I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,585 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

MrPudding wrote: »

MrP

Head to the N.I. part of the UK, you'll be safe there for a while ...................... barring extra-ordinary rendition, of course :D

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CD8QFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fjesusinlove%2F4813469550%2F&ei=tNU2U9rEG8Gv7QbuhICQCA&usg=AFQjCNFSy2COHHJlNFc7xFBXPlOyxnfpCw&sig2=g_RgUfQ_KiulLmuRi2osQg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

lazygal wrote: »

If we had decided to get married here in London rather than back home, we'd suddenly be facing increased competition for the nice venues :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

WTF?

This is your brain on religion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's repugnant behaviour of a school right there.
    Just imagine the twisted minds they're creating in there.
    They just can't open an honest window on the world and it's diversity without recoiling in horror and moving into the inside of their dogma, collecting guns, crosses and a historical propensity to fire up both.

If I were Christian I'd be ashamed to be considered part of the same church as these weirdos.

My marriage to my wife is in no way threatened by her best friend getting married to her girlfriend. No, it's threatened by my habit of spending all my money instead on videogames.
    So, are these churches going to shut down retrogame shops and eBay to defend marriage asap, for my relationships sake??
    And soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

OH and I have both been a bit grumpy and argumentative today and I was wondering why. Interestingly it got worse when we went for a walk at the beach, which is the closest point we have been to Wales and England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, it's threatened by my habit of spending all my money instead on videogames.

That's probably because you haven't introduced her to the joys of Tokugawa scowling at her and petulantly screaming no every time she looks for something off him.

1strefusual.jpg

Ooh, Toku, will you ever learn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

That's probably because you haven't introduced her to the joys of Tokugawa scowling at her and petulantly screaming no every time she looks for something off him.

Ooh, Toku, will you ever learn?

Ha, funny! Yes, the joys...*says she, petulantly ignoring her fella as he tops her Forza status YET AGAIN*

Bring back Sonic, I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    OH and I have both been a bit grumpy and argumentative today and I was wondering why. Interestingly it got worse when we went for a walk at the beach, which is the closest point we have been to Wales and England.

Yeah, hit a mountain today ourselves. Nearest to the US in terms of weather shenanigans. Says it all. Damn our liberal, PC agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

All day SKYNews has been including short interviews with bigots from catholic organisations complaining loudly about the abuse they have been receiving and how awful this all is, with each report on this topic. Makes ya wanna cry .... :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Gays are self-centred, apparently. OMG and want cultural dominance!

• Advertisement

It might have been ripples in the Irish Sea (though there's nothing on the seismic sensors).

Piliger wrote: »
    All day SKYNews has been including short interviews with bigots from catholic organisations complaining loudly about the abuse they have been receiving and how awful this all is, with each report on this topic. Makes ya wanna cry .... :p

If they stamp up and down enough, they'll get a tremor and say it's "all their fault - fingers pointed elsewhere"

Long hair and robes (Christ - or Mary - like) attire only acceptable.

This report might make them slightly happier, synopsis is that marriages are up 4%, but Civil and R/C marriages are down 1% each... http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/marriages-on-the-rise-again-after-post-boom-decline-263612.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was watching the coverage of the first same sex marriage on the news on Friday and found myself crying...now I'm always a bit emotional at weddings anyway but not usually when I don't know the couple. I think it was just the fact that what started off being a very historic and politically important event was really, when you came down to it, just two people in love being united as one and the fact it was two men really didn't matter, in fact it just showed the naysayers up for who they are. If you can't be happy to see two people in love getting married, if you can't find it in yourself to wish them well and appreciate their joy they you are a miserable sod. Congrats to all the newly married and soon to be married couples in the UK and Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,331 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I'm still waiting for my traditional marriage to be undermined by the introduction of divorce, as I was promised in 1996 would be the case. I have been sadly disappointed at the lack of gold-digging floozies seeking to seduce me away from my wife.

Still, I live in hope. And I can now add the hope that I will become the object of the matrimonial aspirations of hordes of gay men with a thing for balding, overweight, middle-aged straight blokes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Plus, from a purely economic point of view, this will bring a small fortune into the countries coffers, with same sex marriages booking hotels and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Plus, from a purely economic point of view, this will bring a small fortune into the countries coffers, with same sex marriages booking hotels and whatnot.

That's why hotel groups were for LGBT "equality" they sold out their souls for money!:mad: Money is ultimately what tears the fabric of our society apart. Ergo, we should ban money. When Adam and Eve walked in the garden there was no money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Jernal wrote: »
    When Adam and Eve walked in the garden there was no money.

There was money when they left but no where to spend it and nothing to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

And quite rightly so.
    Why rightly so?
    Considering they were left with egg on their face last year or the year before when they did that exact thing. Apparently no one had heard of the miracle of heredity and how two dark haired people can have a child with gasp! different coloured hair to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement