Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The music they play in Easons, Argos, Clerys, Tesco, Dunnes stores and probably more?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

The spars have the same auto-tuned cack in Dublin.

They sound like songs from the x-factor reject compilation album.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Seanbirney

The spar down the road from me has spin 1038 on all the time and they have it so LOUD someone burst in the other day and said this is the spar that plays the great music!" I nearly dropped. What type of idiot would think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

our manager says its a tracklist of unsigned artists so the shops dont pay royalties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I've noticed that they do that in Tesco too.
    Does my head in because they're all really bad cover versions.

Yeah wtf is up with that? Why cover versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I'd say the poor fúckers working in any of the Carrol's stores must hate the very thought of going into work every day listening to the same fiddley-diddley shíte for their shift. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the odd toe-tappin' Irish jig every now and then..but bugger me backwards having to listen to that all day I'd go mad. MAD I TELLS YE!

• Advertisement

Wow what is up with Brown Thomas and that Finish dishwasher song! Its on like 100 tines a day in there! And then to make it worse the M.A.C counter always has different music on and its always really loud! Brown Thomas thinking thier so posh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I used to work in Heatons and there used to be a song that went "he's a lucky guy, a real lucky guy doo doo doo doo doo, do do doo doo, do do do do dooo dooo do do do dum dum, he's a lucky guuuuuuy". Made me want to rip every one of my fingernails out.

gg2 wrote: »
    I used to work in Heatons and there used to be a song that went "he's a lucky guy, a real lucky guy doo doo doo doo doo, do do doo doo, do do do do dooo dooo do do do dum dum, he's a lucky guuuuuuy". Made me want to rip every one of my fingernails out.

Oh god i thought no one would ever mention that song again!! :mad: ahhhhhh in my head now!!!!! Grrrrr:mad:

I noticed carraig donn switched to the cover artists too. IMRO grrrrr. Where is the music industry going???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Catphish

I prefer to buy meat and veg on the day that I will use them, so I'm in tesco on a daily basis. They have the same loop of songs, and while I put no pass on most of the crap cover versions there will be a be a day I will burn the place down to the ground, and it will be when they play their cover of this song, yet again.

Keep an eye on the news, you'll know I've finally snapped.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

That stupid Ryanair Europop style song they used to play in the plane before the plane was about to leave the terminal gate.

Fcuking head wrecking music to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TinyButDeadly

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DM_Punk

hahahaha, this one always eluded me, fare play for finding it!!! :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I've never noticed songs playing in any shop, unless It's Christmas. Must try be more observant :o

I did notice some weird heavy metal music being played in a fancy restaurant last week. Was really loud so you couldn't even have a conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I was totally disappointed when this didnt play during my last day in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

When X Factor is king , is it any wonder mainstream modern music sucks ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

thebaz wrote: »

And how exactly does that relate to unheard of dreadful songs by obscure unsigned bands, horrific covers and muzak?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

And how exactly does that relate to unheard of dreadful songs by obscure unsigned bands, horrific covers and muzak?

if the standard for modern music is set by Simon Cowell and co. - the ripple effect of dirge will feed through

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

The Tesco on Baggot St has the worst playlist. Not only are all the songs covers, but the singers are brutal. It makes me want to run out of the shop, surely not the point of in-store music?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

thebaz wrote: »
    TBH mainstream music was terrible long before Simon Cowell and the onset of XFactor and it's ilk.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

One thing I miss about working for HMV was an infinite playlist at work, we had to play chart crap at lunch or when it was busy to maximise awareness blah blah but when it was quiet or the boss was off it was put on what you like within reason. compare to working someplace where the local radio station was on all day, I used to have to listen to Limerick 95FM all day, anyone from Limerick will attest that it's probably the word radio station in the world, I genuinely think their playlist comes from free cds with the sunday newspapers, they lay Rick Astley with no hint of irony. Listening to muzak would make me want to quit though.

I went and saw some old friends at the Homebase I used to work at and they changed the songs over again. A lot of them now have the most basic choruses and shortest, slowest verses in the world it's just impossible to sit through and tolerate. To give an example one of them was like "baaaaaaby stay with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" x4, and another went "hold me as we make love hold me as we make love" x50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

The Tesco on Baggot St has the worst playlist. Not only are all the songs covers, but the singers are brutal. It makes me want to run out of the shop, surely not the point of in-store music?

I want to kill myself after spending more than 20 minutes in my local Tesco, the music is that bad. If I'm shopping in there without my headphones I'm in and out as quick as possible, essentials only.

I used to work in retail and could within reason put on whatever the hell I wanted - metal, jazz, disco, pop, anything. We never had a visit from IMRO, and the customers always commented on the fact they'd rarely hear the same music (I had a 30 hour playlist that went on when I was opening, my other co-workers would have a similar length playlist, but entirely different content) and that it was actually good.

The only time that went out the window was at Christmas, and we were convinced the same 15 songs on repeat for 6 weeks was borderline torture in the workplace.

IMRO are a parasite. If only everyone in the country could give these leeches the middle finger. Again it comes down to how and why is the minority dictating to the majority what to do?

D.I.D used to play that horrible unsigned band music but they thankfully have stopped!�� They have the radio on now though�� well i guess it's better than unsigned bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

this is played every few minutes over the intercom in the local Supervalue....

'Supervalue!.. Real food, real people..'

Anyone like to explain what that means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

this is played every few minutes over the intercom in the local Supervalue....

'Supervalue!.. Real food, real people..'

Anyone like to explain what that means?

Soylent green?

I am only posting this comment to keep this thread going!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,899 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I used to work in an IMC Cinema and positioned over where we had to stand ripping tickets was a big dirty old CRT tv turned up so loud its speakers were buzzing and distorting blaring out the same trailers over and over again on a loop, it was a special IMC trailer reel aswell with the audio horribly out of sync and worst of all songs playing over the trailers that had nothing to do with the film, someone at IMC head office thought they could do a better job than whoever made the trailer in Hollywood and had overlaid fcuking bewitched and Atomic Kitten etc over the videos! They only got changed every 3 months aswell so a lot of the trailers were obsolete all the time.

It used to drive us fcuking mad, it nearly caused war with management over their refusal to turn it down, turning it down yourself was a written warning, 3 warnings you were sacked, management changed the cameras to focus more on who was touching the tv than people getting in with no tickets. I still hear songs every now and then from that time of my life on the radio and I feel physically sick when they come on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 DM_Punk

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Advertisement