Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The music they play in Easons, Argos, Clerys, Tesco, Dunnes stores and probably more?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

can't you SHAZAM it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Been a while since I've heard it but "working for the man" was the worst song they ever played in dunnes. Utterly soul crushing :(

Awful, definitely one of the worst though London Town really got to me. ..I couldn't read or write! But that's okay I'm working for the man.. It really made you feel like a slave, moreso than you already were.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TinyButDeadly

Also if you go here

http://www.pureplaymusic.com/puremusic/streaming-music

then scroll up and click "Pure Play Main", literally a tonne of the old songs they used to play are on here. Not all of them but loads of them. Like that nasty "dont tell me you looove meeee... dont tell me you care" and "CHASING GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTS" one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

Hey there sister wife,
    Get the hell out its my night,
    You dont know the way to his heart...
    Like I do. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mrblondecutsear

EUGH i found another one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r3BfRy3FnQ
    "I never dreamed that love would found me... as I've been working on my tan"

cringy

Whenever this one comes on in work I always think the background singing at 3:13 has to be a pisstake cause it's so over the top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Whenever this one comes on in work I always think the background singing at 3:13 has to be a pisstake cause it's so over the top

Oh my god, the awful awful riffing at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Well tbh id rather the apparrantly crap music in these shops mentioned by the OP, than the no music silence of stores such as Penneys etc imho, it just makes me want to leave as soon as i get what im looking for tbh, not browse about which should be the achievement they want so customers buy more.

On a better note, you cant beat the music played in Ikea at any given time, some actually awesome tunage there such as evanescence, blondie and phil collins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Those covers that they play in stores sound like they took the playlist from "The Sims" and put it on the PA system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nikkimaria

For the last while I have been looking for a song played in Argos and Dunnes maybe you might know it ?? I really hope so. All I remember is it was a catchy song and the chorus was along the lines of "J-J-jack be nimble, jack be quick". But it had nothing else in common with the nursery rhyme.
    If you remember the song "london town" off that CD you should have heard this ??? Please please pleeeeeese it is driving me crazy

Maybe you remember the Jack be nimble song???? Really wanna know the name or who sang it ?
    J-J-jack be nimble jack be quick- something like that ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I finally found the one they play with the creepiest opening lyrics ever

http://www.broadjam.com/player/player.php?play_file=4139_15397

I kinda enjoyed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

nikkimaria wrote: »
    For the last while I have been looking for a song played in Argos and Dunnes maybe you might know it ?? I really hope so. All I remember is it was a catchy song and the chorus was along the lines of "J-J-jack be nimble, jack be quick". But it had nothing else in common with the nursery rhyme.
    If you remember the song "london town" off that CD you should have heard this ??? Please please pleeeeeese it is driving me crazy

Jesus that was one of the worst! We always hated it. Think somebody searched it before and got no joy though.

Tick tock tick tock give me a sign
    Cause I need to know if you gonna be mine
    something something something
    J-j-j jack be nimble, jack be quick

Burned into my head forever, but maybe more lyrics might help?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Ya mo be there !

Yeah! AHH damn i really wanna know. If you remember please lemme know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Lidl and Aldi have the right idea, no feckin music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Used to work nights in a place where they played the most WOEFUL elevator music in the lobby. Place had great soundproofing so after I locked up for the night I'd go into the server room and change the cd with some faith no more. Aw yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I must be stone deaf, I have never noticed any of these cover songs playing. I hope I won't now either that my attention has been drawn to this, the mental health effects seem pretty dramatic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Lidl and Aldi have the right idea, no feckin music.

Correct. When you walk into a shop playing nice music, and you buy something, you're paying for the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I know someone who works for one of these companies, Almotech, based in Galway.. Seemingly big business alright. You can pick either licensed music (and the fee you pay goes towards IMRO/PPI ripoff merchants), or you can get unlicensed sound-alike music for less or sometimes free. Obviously, most Tommy-Joe and PJ shop owners go for the cheaper/free option...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Over 100 posts and no mention of the most bland soul destroying background music of all time:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,350 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Worked as a ride operator at an amusement park in my youth, if you were rota'd to work on the dodgems you were subjected to Now! 42. Look at the tracklisting and weep:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_That%27s_What_I_Call_Music!_42_(UK_series)

The room where the cd player was kept was locked by security from 8am to 9pm (god knows why). I remember one day, a work colleague had had enough, came in early and swapped the CD for 'Use Your Illusion 2' by Guns N' Roses.

Oh, how we laughed until the customers started complaining about the swearing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

cade wrote: »
    I worked in a bar years ago that had the same three cd's by The Corrs on constant rotation. Finally someone went and scrathed all of them, management then in their infinite wisdom failed to get the hint and bought replacements for the three.

But but but did they just replace them with more Corrs? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Cienciano wrote: »
    Over 100 posts and no mention of the most bland soul destroying background music of all time:

Not going to lie to ya, I'd much much prefer that, than what we have. Much. Much.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I work in a clothing retailer and due to budget cutbacks in the last few months they have replaced the music that is normally played in store with a fine selection of some of the worst songs I have ever heard in my entire life. They are all incredibly dull and genuinely slowly starting to destroy my soul after listening to them for hours on end day in day out. I've recently discovered that several other retailers and supermarkets seem to be playing the exact same tracklist in their stores. I even had a discussion about some of the odd song choices with a guy working in argos (one song starts with these opening lyrics "Father John do you remember when I was on my knee's with my eyes closed tight".
    Does anyone know where the retailers are getting these songs or know a tracklist of them? I need to know who the songwriters that are sucking the life out of me are. I've managed to track down one song. It's called when I was the man...........it's awful http://www.myspace.com/ericbazilian/music/songs/when-i-was-the-man-56517704

That's the worst song I have ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

I finally found the one they play with the creepiest opening lyrics ever

http://www.broadjam.com/player/player.php?play_file=4139_15397

ha, I'd forgotten how bad it was, used to work in Heatons.
    Would always find myself singing along!!
    The only thing worse than this shiote was havng no tunes at all!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ryanair "boarding" music is just the worst ever.

Its like some sort of cheesy gameshow style euro pop music that they play,as you are boarding the plane and before the plane gets pushed away from the gate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

The music when I worked in Tesco was awful...doubt it has improved.

Working in supermarkets at Christmas drove me round the bend. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

The music when I worked in Tesco was awful...doubt it has improved.

Working in supermarkets at Christmas drove me round the bend. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday...

I can't wait for Christmas in Supervalu... I'm never gonna have been as excited about going to work as then.
    Cheesy Christmas music is just the best :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

http://www.moodmedia.com/

These guys provided the music for Tesco and Topaz , few others too..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Fantastic 80s music in M&S in clonmel. Top class. I sing at the top of my voice all around Lidl and Aldi. Mostly Smiths numbers.

Advertisement