Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The music they play in Easons, Argos, Clerys, Tesco, Dunnes stores and probably more?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I heard the old Batman theme song from the TV series in Permanent TSB the other day. Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Dunnes Stores has to have the worst selection of music, and played on a loop all day everyday. Worked for them for 2 years, honestly everyday was like groundhog day working there. And as for when Christmas time rolls around, they wouldn't play say any Christmas song you would hear on the radio or on television, Nope....They play this god awful selection of Christmas jingles with no lyrics or really bad covers of decent Christmas songs. They still play the same crap almost 3 years after I stopped working for them.

Couldn't believe this one time I went to Cork it was almost a year ago for my sisters graduation and was not long before Christmas and we went to a Dunnes Stores on Patrick's Quay to buy something and they had the exact same music on loop in the shop both the regular day to day stuff and what I like to call "Supermarket Christmas Volume 1"

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

I work in Centra and reading through this, all that's going through my head is

'What if God was one of us... just a slob like one of usss..

But the evenings aren't bad, metallica came on the other night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Dean09 wrote: »
    I've noticed that they do that in Tesco too.
    Does my head in because they're all really bad cover versions.

BBC do this on EastEnders too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Jammyc wrote: »
    Passion for Fashion

Thankfully this one seems to have disappeared, it was hands down the worst of the entire lot. I'd rather work to no music than the crap that is the moodmedia playlist....it's depressing and demotivating. To both worker and customer alike.

The Christmas collection is the best. Most of them sound like they were made on a Fischer Price 'My First Keyboard'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

The worsest of the worst award has to go to Boyds Stores on Hill Street in Newry Co,Down.
    I have no idea what songs are even on the one and only cd that they play but they have been playing the same one since 1980 :eek::eek::eek::D.

And before it starts, yes I do know there is no such word as worsest :D;).

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

When I worked in Urban Outfitters they thankfully changed the CD's every second day to advertise the CD's on sale. I remember this one CD though that was on and it had a 20 minute song with this girl complaining about someone stealing her boyfriend, I have never wanted to kill myself more..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Ditzie wrote: »
    I work in Centra and reading through this, all that's going through my head is

'What if God was one of us... just a slob like one of usss..

But the evenings aren't bad, metallica came on the other night. :D
    Man I would only have loved some Metallica during a day of work, wouldn't necessarily have to be the early heavy stuff of course, say nothing else matters or even the bluesy sounding stuff on Load or Reload, would give the workers a lift. If shop managers are reading this, let the workers have some input on whats played in the shop!

Only bit of luck I had when I worked for Dunnes was hearing "All Apologies" by Nirvana one day, Honestly thought "Wait a sec.. that's Nirvana feckin sweet!" Somebody put that in just one time and didn't hear anything decent since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TinyButDeadly

The Christmas collection is the best. Most of them sound like they were made on a Fischer Price 'My First Keyboard'.

They all do to be fair. This ones a fair example, and it should win an award for the most abused use of autotune on the Mood Media playlist. I can't even tell what the lyrics are.

http://soundcloud.com/liamreid123/voice_024#

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

M&S in Dundrum usually have a fairly decent playlist. Interesting thing is that the centra & super value franchisees can choose the playlist themselves online, so maybe someone might tell a few of them that there's more than the "Easy Listening" list to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Current job is grand for stuff like this, though we had 7 christmas cds over two months and one of them had such lovely songs as "Will Santy Come to Shanty Town" (That song is following me to hell) and "The Little Boy That Santa Claus forgot" - cheery stuff.

A certain Wexford Supervalu that I worked in played a cd with 7 renditions of Frosty the Snowman, on a loop, for a month. The song plays in nightmares. Also, they did play real versions of songs, but now when I hear those same five songs, at certain points the next words my brain comes up with are "This week in Supervalu, *insert offer here*". Brainwashed I tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Salt001 wrote: »
    The worsest of the worst award has to go to Boyds Stores on Hill Street in Newry Co,Down.
    I have no idea what songs are even on the one and only cd that they play but they have been playing the same one since 1980 :eek::eek::eek::D.

And before it starts, yes I do know there is no such word as worsest :D;).

Yeah, and there's no such thing as a CD in 1980 and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ulveren

rebel89 wrote: »
    'Angel in my pocket'....

...and she knows more than I!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Revolver ocelot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Dear God... I worked in a supermarket for 9 months and that song 'a million miles' is forever etched into my soul, a fiery darkness of hate and pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DM_Punk

I've got an angel in my pocket and she knows more than I ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DM_Punk

I've been with SuperValu for a LONG time and know some really old ones.

"Someday it'll be me, someday I'll get the chance to be the only girl in the room the someone sees"

"ja ja ja jack be nimble, ja ja ja jack be quick, 'cause i'm running out of time for you to make this stick"

"a million miles" (multiplied by a million times!!!!!)

"I'm too young to know much but Dublin's been there for me"

"Just say goodbye, turn and walk away, walk away right out of my life"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tesco in Clare Hall played that horrible Ronan Keating version of 'Fairytale of New York' over Christmas.....will be interesting to see how it negatively affected their sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I worked in Clerys years ago and they honestly played a song called "There's nothing like a good old fashioned hoe-down..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mikeyb 123

i have an angel in my pocket.....an angel in my pocket ....., coming from dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Seanbirney

Oh god if anyone ever says anything about angel in my pocket again i think i will just freeze and then cut my ears off!

Jervis centre always plays now 84 on repeat until now 85 comes out. Its grand for customers just passing through the centre but the staff working at the kiosks must find it really annoying as it is always really loud

Eurospar in santry plays the most annoying songs. One of them was this girl ranting on about how she left a cardboard box in her hotel room. The poor staff members

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

My sympathies to anyone who has to listen to this crap in work. :(

It starts off like a broken ice-cream van.

Not enough wtfs in the world... one more: W T F

B&Q in swords usually always has the cover artists playing and there is always a real dead atmosphere and the staff are obnoxious but when i went a couple of weeks ago they had real singers playing and the atmosphere was a lot brighter and the staff were so helpful. A bit wierd.

IKEA has good music but usually every time i'm there i hear the edge of glory by lady gaga and i hate that song but the rest are ok

you spoke, i cried, you turned away
    i guess, you tried, to make me stay
    but now there's miles between us
    miles between today and yesterday
    i've got an angel in my pocket an angel in my pocket
    i rose, you fell, you dragged me down
    you felt like hell, till icame around
    but now there's miles between
    miles between us
    i've got an angel in my pocket an angel in my pocket
    to fly me home to you
    i've got an angle in my pocket and she knows more than i
    that home is home is you
    guitat solo
    i've got an angel in my pocket an angle in my pocket
    to fly me home to you
    i've got an angle in my pocket and she knows more than i
    that home is home is you
    angel home is you

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Basq wrote: »
    Heard a horrendous version of Coldplay's 'Viva La Vida' in my local Tesco..

.. just when you think Chris Martin's voice couldn't get any worse.
    Almost as bad as the original? That's enough grim reading for the night, think I'm set now.

Does anybody know where I could find the song Passion For Fashion? My friend hates that song and i want to annoy him with it! ��

• Advertisement

Omni park have horrible music too. When you walk in you just hear an echo of music but if you go to a quiet bit you hear the worst selection of songs. EVER. The other day when i went in i heard this weird song that just went like, i cry i cry
    Icry i cry i cry i cry i cry and then of course phoebe legere amazing love comes blaring on!

Advertisement