Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Oh no sorry I have my booking apt with holles street in 3 weeks when I will be 14 weeks. The general feedback I'm getting is they don't scan you at that apt, possibly they'll try find the heartbeat with the doppler. A friend of mine is pregnant with her second and has gone public both times with Holles Street and on both has not been scanned until 20 week mark. It's funny this difference between the hospitals. I was at a gynaecologist last year in the rotunda private, lovely building!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Ah I see now, I was wondering!! Yeah I know people feel differently about the amount of scans but I'm not bothered really. Nice building alright but waited ages the other day anyway!! We're not paying for a private room or shorter queues especially as you are not guaranteed either despite what people think! It's the continuity of care and trust we have in the doc who I had attended before I ever got preggers that I'm happy to pay for. Saved up for it this time knowing we wanted her again and esp as I had an emergency c last time, she knows my history... I'm not even going to start thinking about D-day yet but between vbacs and what not I know there's a lot of food for thought... sigh:o

I completely agree with you re doctors! I have been seeing my edocrinologist since I was diagnosed with pcos 8 years ago, now if only he could deliver babies I would definitely pay!!

Amn't bothered at all re scans either.....I didn't look into Holles Street thoroughly before chosing it but if I'd known about their scanning policy I really don't think I would have changed my mind..

Dday I am going to put in a little box at the back of my head and not open it for another few months. It terrifies me :eek::eek:

Ha ha!!! double screamy face here too :eek::eek:!!
    I'm hogging this thread today I better go and do some work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ja_2012

Hi
    Congrats to you all
    Am due also on the 11th of April this is my third pregnancy but delighted .
    Nearly the 12 weeks thankfully .
    Fingers crossed all will work out .
    x

• Advertisement

Big congrats Ja2012 and welcome... what a relief to be at the 12 week mark! :)

Chuchu wrote: »
    Ha ha!!! double screamy face here too :eek::eek:!!
    I'm hogging this thread today I better go and do some work!!

There is a pair of us in it :D
    ja_2012 wrote: »
    Hi
    Congrats to you all
    x

Congrats ja_2012 and welcome to the thread :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Congrats Ja 2012!

Digs I had myself in a heap over missed miscarriages too, after seeing it happen on tv (stupid I know!) but the scan really reassured me. Glad I am not the only one worrying all the time ladies.

I have gone off so much of my favourite food it's silly. I used to LOVE coffee, would really look forward to my cup of coffee, and really ENJOY it, and now the *thought* of it makes me feel eugh!!

I stopped drinking caffeine when I found out I was preg, as a result now I can't even stomach the smell of it. Wine too, thinking of it turns my stomach, that can only be a good thing though :) makes life easier :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Kilkenny68

meggysmom wrote: »
    Great news kilkenny,what a great feeling to see that 1st proper hospital scan.Did they give you a pic?My other half away working next week and won't make the scan,his mom coming instead,I would like to get a pic for him but not sure if the hospitals do that?I'm just 3 days behind you,due april 8th going on scan at 9 weeks:)

It was a private scan, still no date for the hospital public scan as yet. I couldnt wait that long! But yes, they gave us pics at the private one, as you'd expect although i thought we'd get one when in fact we five! Delighted.

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    I stopped drinking caffeine when I found out I was preg, as a result now I can't even stomach the smell of it. Wine too, thinking of it turns my stomach, that can only be a good thing though :) makes life easier :)

I stopped the coffee early on, i manage about 2 cups a week now, i used to drink about 5 a day, so i guess its no harm to cut back, but yes, sometimes the thoughts of it just makes me sick....... I had a conversation with a pregnant woman some months ago, before I was pregnant & she told me she found it easy to stop drinking alcohol as it didnt appeal to her in any way, i really didnt believe her one bit until now, i cant even stomach the smell or thoughts of it right now.

ja_2012 wrote: »
    Hi
    Congrats to you all
    x

Congrats to you ja_2012......, we share a due date! You must be completely shattered with 2 children already to mind, i have no idea how mothers manage when pregnant with baby no. 2 or 3 and so on, i am so tired now with only myself & hubby to look after & he does most of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Hi girls how is everyone getting on?I'm here waiting to go into town for my 12 week scan at the hospital.I'm nervous,don't no why,I guess I just want it over and to get the confirmation.I'm 12 weeks since yesterday and starting to feel better,skin has cleared up and sickness is gone.Terrible indigestion and back pain at the end of the day and definitly aware of my expanding uterus:)I really hope I get a picture-not sure if the hosptital gives one.My OH won't be there due to work so I think that is making me a bit emotional also.I will check in later and let you know how it all goes:)

Oh good luck meggysmom!!! Will be thinking of you, let us know how you get on :)

Best of luck too Meggysmum let us know how you get on... so exciting! :)

All great thank god,a new due date april 6th so 12 weeks 3 days,the lady was lovely and showed all the vital things to me and gave me 3 pics also.I'm chuffed:)

That's great to hear meggysmom, such a relief. Can't wait til I'm at that point myself!

How's everyone getting on. I'm making a real effort to eat better this week, and not be living on just toast all the time. I find I'm still getting sick in the mornings and evenings. Was planning on going walking every evening this week but now the weather has turned so nasty, I haven't set foot outside the door after work yet!

Does anyone know what kind of exercise besides walking would be safe, ie would it be ok to do an aerobics video at home if the weather doesn't improve?

That's fantastic meggysmom, delighted for you :)

Holding - I've heard swimming is good during first tri... May be more effort than you're looking for though given you have to get to a swimming pool? I agree the weather is cat altogether...

Was thinking of one of your posts this morning actually holding....brushed my teeth and puked into the sink!!! Really took me by suprise so burst straight into tears. Although doesn't take much this week, I am constantly weepy. And exhausted. Am with you on the bread. My routine is now home after work, toast with peanut butter, than bed. This week is a write off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

meggysmom wrote: »
    All great thank god,a new due date april 6th so 12 weeks 3 days,the lady was lovely and showed all the vital things to me and gave me 3 pics also.I'm chuffed:)

Thats great news mm. It is such a relief isn't it? Hopefully you'll be feeling good over the next few weeks.

There's a swimming pool about 100 yards away from the house so I might work up the energy to try that! I'm terrified I won't be fit enough to push babs out ;)

Haha feel your pain on the toothbrushing thing. Happens me every single morning and evening, a real pain in the arse. I did a lot of googling to see what would help. Keep mouthwash handy so you don't have to brush them again after you vomit. Also, never brush them after vomiting as apparently the acid makes the enamel v sensitive at that point. Take your time brushing them, brush the top, wait a bit til the queasiness goes, then brush a bit more, and so on. Also read that it is better for your teeth to actually miss a brushing than it is for them to have the acid from vomit on them, so if you feel that you will definitely vomit, then don't brush them (which sounds ugh and I haven't done that yet but that's what the Internet said!).

So weepy myself! Burst into tears last night in Tesco for absolutely no reason, other than I was a bit hungry I think. Couldn't find the butter one morning last week and cried then too. It's exhausting!

• Advertisement

Hi girls,hope your all well this morning and managed to brush your teeth without gagging!!!It's awful isn't it!!Mine's got a lot better the last week,I find when i'm rushing it's worse so I try to get up a few mins earlier.I have had such a bad headache for the last couple of days,seems to come on at about 4pm,it's the kind of one that makes you want to go into a dark room and close your eyes,I never get headaches and don't remember getting them last time around.I'm going to head into chemist today and pick up my pregnacare and some paracetamol.i'm not great at taking meds but a recent post about this said it's better to take them than your body being stressed due to pain which makes sense!!

Holding I do not envy you one bit battling that everyday, I would be terrified brushing my teeth! Not sure what is up with my ms pattern. For weeks, no matter how long awake I was before getting up or no matter how gingerly I got out of the bed (I tried everything) I would grab my towel for a shower and have to run for the bathroom heaving. Yesterday I made it to the bathroom no bother only to have the new experience of the teeth brushing incident. This morning I make it to the bathroom, get past the teeth brushing, shower, all the while thinking happy days only to bend down to pull up my tights up and my stomach turns and back to the toilet with me. I agree with you, it's exhausting!!

Meggysmom, I have had the headaches this week, starting in the afternoon with a throb over my left eye. They are horrible. I agree with you on the meds though it's better than the stress of the pain on your body! Luckily mine aren't bad enough for that yet, lying down helps!

Anyone else with a seriously stuffed nose? Mine has been stuffed for a week or two now but I've noticed the last few days everytime I breathe through it I let out a nice long whistle!! Bit embarressing :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ja_2012

HI Digs
    Congrats .
    Sometimes they say a trobbing over your left eye may indicate that you are low in Iorn . That what my GP told me on my last preg . My iorn was low and I started iron and felt much better after wards ,,,,
    Cabn I ask I am living in Galway had last baby in Cork wheatre we should go private or Public what is the system like in Galway ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Digs wrote: »
    Meggysmom, I have had the headaches this week, starting in the afternoon with a throb over my left eye. They are horrible. I agree with you on the meds though it's better than the stress of the pain on your body! Luckily mine aren't bad enough for that yet, lying down helps!

Hi Digs, I've had these headaches on and off too...they're more like migraines than headaches. Like mm said, the doc told me to take something if I needed to. Havent had one since Sunday now so I'm hoping they're not going to last much longer!

Thanks ja- will look into that! I'm in Dublin so not sure what the story is in Galway but maybe is you post in the pregnancy thread some of the girls might be able to help!

YH they really aren't pleasant! I don't think I have ever had a migraine before so not sure what they're like but from what I've read on the net they are horrible! You poor thing, hopefully they've passed for you now though!

Hi girls

Well I went and had a sneaky scan on Friday morning, I just knew I wouldn't sit easy until I knew everything was ok. It was just amazing, baby measuring perfectly at 12 weeks and treated us to some flips and waves, it's amazing how active they are and you can't feel a thing! The sonographer was such a pet, she switched to 3D and printed a few pics for us of babs with their hands up to their face....I just melted. Such an amazing experience.

We had a wedding that afternoon so was a bit risky but luckily all was well and I could sit back and relax. Have enjoyed the weekend telling our friends and the rest of our family :)

I have a little bit of a bump forming now, definite change in shape below. Had a pretty flat stomach beforehand so it's probably a bit more obvious to me now!

Hope ye are all well :)

Great to hear Digs! Delighted for you! So cool that you got to see the moving, and that the woman there did a 3D picture of it! You must be over the moon.

Tomorrow is day one of week eleven for me, time is going so sloooooowly, I just want to be at 12 weeks already :)

Thanks holding, it's a nice feeling alright :)

I feel the time is dragging too somedays and then I think it's nine weeks since I got my BFP and don't know where the times gone!

Ah delighted for you Digs,a great feeling isn't it....although we will spend at least the next 18 years worrying about our babies,it definitly does give you a new sense of calm to sit back and enjoy the pregnancy:)

I'm 13 weeks since saturday and I have my 1st hospital/midwife booking appointment on wednesday,I think it's just bloods,urine and history but I could be wrong,starting to feel very real now with everyone knowing and appointments starting:)

• Advertisement

Good luck meggsmom, hope all goes well. Let me know what it entails as I have my booking appointment this day week and am interested to know what goes on!

Hope everyone is well. I have an awful head cold, started Sunday and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I really am not one to be giving out about colds but this one is getting the better of me, constant headache, sore throat, cough and sneezing to beat the band....probably doesn't help work is mad busy so I haven't been able to stay home, really not giving myself the chance to get better!

Still sick in the mornings and the delightful bitter taste is still here in all it's glory....looking forward to that going away too :) Getting a bit easier now given more people know though so I don't have to make excuses for being a bit miserable :p

Advertisement