Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2013 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Digs wrote: »
    am putting it down to the enormous amount of bread I'm eating which my system is not used too! Cannot get enough of it!

Ha ha that's all I want to eat today too!! White crispy bread and butter!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Had my first early scan this morning, wow it was fantastic!! Everything healthy with babs, thank god, as I was very nervous going in. Thought I was 10 weeks but as I have an irregular cycle, it turns out that dating from that isn't reliable, so the ultrasound woman measured the baby instead, and dated me at 8 weeks. So I have a new due date - 22nd instead of 11th, but still April, so I can stay in this thread :)

Wow! Saw the baby! Best morning ever! Trying to figure out now how I can put it up as my screensaver, but still not tell anybody, lol.

Chuchu wrote: »
    Also for various reasons I can't have anyone know in work, want to put off telling until week 12 at the earliest if not later, being sick all the time would make this hard I'm sure.
    Any of you working and when do you plan on telling there?

I'm in a funny position because I work on contract. Current contract ends in a couple of weeks, so no point in telling them. I'm hoping to win a contract with a different crowd, but it'll be around a month before I know whether I'll get it or not, so see no point in raising it with them til they've confirmed it with me. At the same time though, I feel like I should say something, it's very frustrating. I think on balance I'll wait til the 3 month mark anyway, and see what the story is then.

holding wrote: »
    I'm in a funny position because I work on contract. Current contract ends in a couple of weeks, so no point in telling them. I'm hoping to win a contract with a different crowd, but it'll be around a month before I know whether I'll get it or not, so see no point in raising it with them til they've confirmed it with me. At the same time though, I feel like I should say something, it's very frustrating. I think on balance I'll wait til the 3 month mark anyway, and see what the story is then.

Ah I feel your pain, it's not easy is it? I'm on contract too, well kind of, it's a long story!! I'd hold off telling until you sign that next one though to be on the safe side.

Congrats on the scan, so exciting. Ours is on Monday, wishing the weekend away already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Delighted all went well holding, I got put back 4 days on my first scan, felt like and eternity having to relive them :D

I work full time, have been there 3years and got married last summer so they are probably suprised I'm not pregnant already! We are having an awful time with one of the senior managers lately so as awful as it sounds I am (all going well) looking forward to telling them so she can back off and direct the pressure elsewhere.....well at least that's what I am hoping! Am planning to tell around the 13week mark!

Any of you dealing with a bitter taste in your mouth? Ever evening it's the same! Funny it's the one thing my mum remembers too from being pregnant with my younger sister....she said it's the one time in her life she chewed gum to try and get rid of it!!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Kilkenny68

Hi ladies,

I have my first (private) scan next Wednesday, looking forward to it but nervous all the same.

For 3 weeks i felt sick all day, every day, it was awful, it takes a lot out of you, its changed now to actually vomitting every morning, i thought this was brought on by teeth brushing but i planned to delay that yesterday, i was going to relax and try to eat breakfast first, but still vomitted within 20mins of getting out of bed.

Im in bed for 9.30 every night, i am hoping this wave of shatteredness goes away!

Work: i really would like to hold off on telling anyone until about 13/14 weeks, the problem is once you whisper this to a family member in an Irish town, it trickles to others quite quickly!! I think we will tell family at 13 weeks, we go away for a week then & tell work on our return, this will, please god, be 15 weeks.

I also am getting the awful taste in my mouth, sucking sweets to try to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Hi girls,just checking in,have been away on hols-a fab week in the sun,I felt great thank god,i'm 11 weeks and 1 day today:)My sickness is disappearing now thank god,just an odd bit and been replaced by sciatica pain and heartburn-oh the joys-this pregnancy is going the exact same way as with my daughter,I have my 12 week dating scan next tuesday,so looking forward to it,i'm also back with my gp also that day,I have still not got any appointment from the hospital,maybe I will call them today,hope your all well:)

Ooh Meggysmom, am very jealous, would love to go on a sun holiday right now.

Only one more sleep til your scan Kilkenny, you'll feel miles better after it, I know I did. Just seeing him/her there is a great feeling of security that they're alright.

I foolishly thought that once I started to feel 'over' a symptom, that that was the end of it, but I find that this week the fatigue I had in week5-6 is back, and I'm falling asleep all the time :/

Am finding plain ice-pops a great help when I can't face eating anything else, but am feeling nausea. Lidl have lovely plain pear ones.

Welcome back meggysmom, hope you thoroughly enjoyed the break. Sounds like heaven right about now!! Not long until the dating scan, lucky you!! Will you tell a few more people once that's over do you think?

Holding I agree about symptoms going and coming. I am coming up to 11 weeks and am more tired this week than I have been the whole way through. Nausea seems to have a pattern too as in week on week off, was ok except for my morning heaving routine last week and was ravenous whereas this week I am queasy all day and nothing to eat sounds good. Nothing except those pear ice pops you just mentioned!! Will have to try those out!!

One thing that's been constant since about week 7 is back pain.....it feels so tight and I have to stop myself from constantly holding it especially in work or I will give the game away!

Hope you got on ok yest chuchu and good luck tom Kilkenny!!

Digs have you tried a microwave wheat pack? My partner has been heating these up for me and putting them on my lower back and it really really helps.

• Advertisement

holding wrote: »
    Digs have you tried a microwave wheat pack? My partner has been heating these up for me and putting them on my lower back and it really really helps.

Hadn't even thought of them thanks holding. Will give them a try!

The shortness of breath thing is killing me at the moment! Am totally fine when I'm sitting down, but I went for a walk on the beach last night and nearly died! Was huffing and puffing, and it felt like the baby was being jiggled up and down so I felt nauseous. Oh dear! Will have to walk a bit slower next time maybe :)

Digs wrote: »
    Welcome back meggysmom, hope you thoroughly enjoyed the break. Sounds like heaven right about now!! Not long until the dating scan, lucky you!! Will you tell a few more people once that's over do you think?

Hey there,yes I think we will make the announcment then,our little girl knows so i'm sure she will spill to someone soon anyway:)I'm definitly rounder also and couldn't really hide it too much longer,roll on next tuesday-exciting times ahead:)

Whats a wheat pack?I used those heat ones you buy in the chemist last time round,they are so expensive here though,there's 3 in a pack and cost close to 10 euro i think, so I would love a cheaper alternative!

meggysmom wrote: »
    Whats a wheat pack?I used those heat ones you buy in the chemist last time round,they are so expensive here though,there's 3 in a pack and cost close to 10 euro i think, so I would love a cheaper alternative!

Just a bag sewn up with wheat in it. Any kind of a hot water bottle would do the same job I'd imagine.

my next purchase is a hot water bottle so, if only for the freezing weather that's coming at least,although I feel the onset of dreaded sciatica everyday!!

Is your little one very excited meggysmom? What age is she? So cute she will have a little friend now :)

Will be a big relief for you being able to let people know. I, for the first time in my 3 years working here had McDonald's for lunch (so bold I know) and one of the lads was like oooooh junk food for lunch you know what that means..... I nearly died!!! It's bad enough having a little tum which I'm conscious of, I'm sure he's hasnt a clue but made me paranoid!!

P.s holding glad I'm not the only one! Was running close on 5 miles per day up to the week I got my bfp. Went for a mediocre walk on Monday evening and had to get my husband to slow down....was so out of breath!!

she will be 4 at christmas digs and very excited,she comes out with the funniest things,she likes to copy me so her new thing today is to pretend she has a baby in her belly,it's a very funny age:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Kilkenny68

Had my first scan this afternoon, all present & correct. Very cool to witness, makes it all very real now. He/she is just over 4cm ong, got lil arms n legs!!!! & moved the whole time we were watching! Very active! Due date is as it was 11th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ah she knows now Meggysmom? Little girls are so cute...they want to be just like their mammys :)

How are you keeping anyway? Had noticed your absence from the thread for a while there and hoped everything was ok. Hope you had a nice holiday!

• Advertisement

Too cute meggysmom, very exciting for you all! My husbands niece is 4, it's the cutest age they are clued into everything!

Kilkenny delighted everything went well, such a relief to see baby I'm sure :)

yellow hen wrote: »
    Ah she knows now Meggysmom? Little girls are so cute...they want to be just like their mammys :)

How are you keeping anyway? Had noticed your absence from the thread for a while there and hoped everything was ok. Hope you had a nice holiday!
    hey there yellowhen,all great here,getting rounder and have said goodbye to sickness since last week,i'm still exhausted and have some back trouble but generally feel good,just want the official scan on tuesday to be over so we can relax and tell our friends.So glad to see everything is going great for you.Don't worry about the weight thing,some people put on weight straight away and others not until week 20.I know docs in the states would rather see you hold off on weight gain until week 20 as you can pile it on very quickly after that.Enjoy your holiday,you will get in the holiday mode and be relaxed so you will find all that energy you will need for shopping:)

Great news kilkenny,what a great feeling to see that 1st proper hospital scan.Did they give you a pic?My other half away working next week and won't make the scan,his mom coming instead,I would like to get a pic for him but not sure if the hospitals do that?I'm just 3 days behind you,due april 8th going on scan at 9 weeks:)

Hi all glad to hear everyone's updates. Glad to hear you had a hol Meggysmum, great timing!!

I've been a bit distracted with work grrr... but also had 1st scan this week. It went well, baba in right place with heartbeat etc but there is a cyst on one of my ovaries, a corpus luteum cyst. Doc told us becuase she was aware we could see it! I thought it was twins at first! Although she put our minds at ease saying it was quite mornal in first tri and *should* go by the second I still feel quite anxious. Oh roll on week 14 or 16 is all I can say, exhausted still to boot!! Sorry for rant :o Anyone hear of this before? I hadn't.

Chuchu that's great, delighted to hear all was well. Was wondering about you :)

Corpus luteum cysts are completely normal I believe. Did alot of research myself in the beginning when I was having that one sided pain and they came up time and again, not dangerous for the baby and as you say generally dissapear by the second trimester! Is it causing you any discomfort?

Did baba measure up to where you thought you were? Can't believe I have to wait until 21weeks to see ours again.... last time was 7 weeks time is going to draaaaaaag!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Chuchu - I booked an early private scan at 6 weeks because of the pains i had on my left side they weren't really painful but i needed to be reassured baby was in the right place. Turns out i had the Corpus luteum cyst on my left ovary from the pregnancy, sonographer reassured me it was very normal, i had my booking scan at just over 11 weeks and cyst was no where to be seen :) hopefully yours will just disappear aswel :) we have enough to worry about, so try not let the cyst worry you.

Thx Digs...:) yeah the internet is good and bad!! I did tons of 'med surfing' this week! I am much more crampy this time than last time so I guess this must be the cause... I am concerned now about rupture and just hope that won't happen but even if it does I at least know what it is and not to worry. It would just be very sore apparently!
    The Doc was VERY reassuring, we had her last time and trust her to the hilt.
    We were spot on 8 weeks at the start of this week, as we had been trying I was pretty sure of dates etc but good to know. Really can't wait til 12 weeks though, it's dragging so I know how you feel!! What week are you now?

elly123 wrote: »
    Chuchu - I booked an early private scan at 6 weeks because of the pains i had on my left side they weren't really painful but i needed to be reassured baby was in the right place. Turns out i had the Corpus luteum cyst on my left ovary from the pregnancy, sonographer reassured me it was very normal, i had my booking scan at just over 11 weeks and cyst was no where to be seen :) hopefully yours will just disappear aswel :) we have enough to worry about, so try not let the cyst worry you.

That's GREAT elly123 and thanks for letting me know, very reassuring!! Yep between work and symptoms and not telling people it's very stressful at the mo!

Don't be worrying yourself Chuchu (funny one pregnant woman saying that to another as we are all worrying non stop)...as Elly123 said they tend to kind of dissapear! And try to avoid the internet, I had myself in a heap over missed miscarriages but as my husband pointed out people who have had a bad experience are ten times more likely to post than someone who has a normal pregnancy, the puking this morning also put my mind at rest :p....I have to remind myself of the no google rule too.... everyday :D

I am 11 weeks. Not too sure how I'll feel next week at the 12 week mark. I keep twittering on about it but given holles street don't scan early I dont know if I'll feel that "relief". My mum did a great job of reassuring me last night.....probably as herself and my dad are only dying to tell their friends and my aunts and uncles ;) first grandchild excitment taking over I think!!

• Advertisement

Are you not getting a 12 week apt in Holles St? So your next apt is not til 21 weeks? That is a LONG wait I totally understand why you might just feel the very same having gotten to 12 weeks in that case.
    We're going to the Rotunda private; the 8 week scan was optional but the 12 week one is a regular booking in and bloods apt for all patients as far as I know.
    My little one was the first grandchild on my husband's side last time so I know the excitement (but also pressure!) that can bring with it. They'll get more of a kick out of telling people than you will! :D

Advertisement