Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

kr7 wrote: »
    There really is no point in arguing with you anymore, you've lost the plot.

I'll leave you to your walter mitty type thinking.

Keep embarrassing yourself, it's quite funny.

LOL.

Ok Gerry good one deflect again.

Why did you answer in the first person a question I directed at Gerry and even put Gerry's name in it?

Why did you edit the post proving you reregged after I pointed out your mistake?

Why did you then lie about posting it? (despite the fact the original was there for all to see in my quote of the post, and despite the fact that it clearly showed you edited it)

And why have you since deleted the post?

All seems very suspicious to me, I dont think reregging is looked upon very favourably round here.

donalg1 wrote: »

Are you having a breakdown of some sort?

Posting lies about fellow posters and failing to admit to them is very childish.

Grow up will you!

Stop rereggin will you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

All seems very suspicious to me, I dont think reregging is looked upon very favourably round here.

I think you might be on to something there alright. Gerry and kr7 seem to go on and off line at the same time, and Gerry's missus' name begins with a K. Both fond of the old 7's in usernames as well. I'd say Gerry created a new user under the flag of convenience of his missus, while he was on one of his bans. I wonder does she even know?

That'd be a mite sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

alastair wrote: »
    I think you might be on to something there alright. Gerry and kr7 seem to go on and off line at the same time, and Gerry's missus' name begins with a K. Both fond of the old 7's in usernames as well. I'd say Gerry created a new user under the flag of convenience of his missus, while he was on one of his bans. I wonder does she even know?

That'd be a mite sad.

You people and your re reg conspiracy theories, LOL.

How's Makim doing this weather, Ali?;) He didn't last long.

Off out now, I'll leave you to your bored little life's.

Later.

Is a conspiracy still called a conspiracy if its true?

I wonder did Gerry get banned around the 11th July from somewhere?

• Advertisement

Yep - again with the synchronised online status.

That is sad.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't play with sockpuppets - Any moderator can check IP's to confirm that - unlike some, I've nothing to hide in that regard.

Off out now, I'll leave you to your bored little life's.

Later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbPmB65CC2Q

I gotta say though - Gerry really takes to his role:
    Ah, my mistake - I'd usually ascribe that degree of pigheadedness to a man.
    Maybe we should meet up for a date, you know what they say, opposites attract and all that.

There'd be some sparks boy especially in the back seat....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79800403&postcount=5099

Maybe someone should let his missus know! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

http://www.highlandradio.com/2012/08/21/councillor-calls-on-phil-hogan-to-resign-if-household-charge-figures-are-skewed/

Someone else thinks the figures of compliance are being bummed up for propaganda reasons

• Advertisement

eth0 wrote: »
    http://www.highlandradio.com/2012/08/21/councillor-calls-on-phil-hogan-to-resign-if-household-charge-figures-are-skewed/

Someone else thinks the figures of compliance are being bummed up for propaganda reasons
    Councillor Campbell says the figures are being skewed for propaganda purposes

Interesting propaganda strategy - under-represent the number of properties that the tax is liable on, so you claim a smaller revenue source than actually exists from the outset. And what 'propaganda value' exists in the ballpark five percent difference disputed? Donegal's current compliance rate is low, one way or another.

I wonder did Gerry get banned around the 11th July from somewhere?

Now that you mention it - he did. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Interesting propaganda strategy - under-represent the number of properties that the tax is liable on, so you claim a smaller revenue source than actually exists from the outset. And what 'propaganda value' exists in the ballpark five percent difference disputed? Donegal's current compliance rate is low, one way or another.

Cmon Al, you must admit the government are capable of lying. You said so before. I'm sure both sides under and over represent. I like to divide between the 2 to come out with a more accurate figure

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Cmon Al, you must admit the government are capable of lying. You said so before. I'm sure both sides under and over represent. I like to divide between the 2 to come out with a more accurate figure

Why would they bother to lie about the number of properties the tax was liable on? There's no advantage in it. If they were to lie about anything it would be on the numbers who had registered - which no-one is disputing as far as I've seen (excepting the 'landlords with multiple properties shouldn't count as multiple properties' guff).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Why would they bother to lie about the number of properties the tax was liable on? There's no advantage in it. If they were to lie about anything it would be on the numbers who had registered - which no-one is disputing as far as I've seen (excepting the 'landlords with multiple properties shouldn't count as multiple properties' guff).

Propaganda maybe
    It is very relevant, you guys are the ones telling us we are not following the will of the majority by not paying. You can't count properties as votes. Ie landlord with 400 properties should count as 400 to my 1.
    You guys crack me up with your feudal ideals...:D

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Propaganda maybe
    It is very relevant, you guys see the ones telling us we are not following the will of the majority by not paying. You can't count properties as votes. Ie landlord with 400 properties should count as 400 to my 1.
    You guys crack me up with your feudal ideals...:D

The tax is on properties - it's kind of hard to avoid the reality that some people have multiple properties. The real propaganda would be to try and skew the figures by ignoring those with multiple properties. Who has ever mentioned the 'will of the majority' in advocating payment of your taxes?

I'm not sure where the 'feudal' thing comes from. This government was elected to govern democratically - just as all previous ones that rolled out taxes of all shades were.

I wonder if we could levy double taxation on households with sock puppets?

Ah well. I guess that's the last we'll see of kr7's posts. The sign of a confident argument being one where you don't need to make up fictitious characters to agree with you.

I also guess that's one less 'no' in the poll. I've checked and sock puppets are actually exempt.

Ah well. I guess that's the last we'll see of kr7's posts. The sign of a confident argument being one where you don't need to make up fictitious characters to agree with you.

I also guess that's one less 'no' in the poll. I've checked and sock puppets are actually exempt.

Seems kr7's account has been closed.

Seems kr7's account has been closed.

I hope this doesn't sully the waters for Gerry's wife if she ever wants a legit Boards account in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just came across this thread and for anyone who thinks that a home in negative equity is an asset then they might read the opening post. Its long but very interesting --

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056727029

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Unemployment at 15%, mortgages 3 months in arrears almost 11%. Current government doing nothing for domestic economy besides raising taxes. 60% of what you spend at the pump goes to the government. Banks not lending to SME's and now a viable company Green Star gone into receivership because banks are calling in loans quicker provided for.

Expect property taxes of €300, €500 and €1000 on average homes with no improvements just maintenance of existing substandard services and in some cases water not suitable for human consumption.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Unemployment at 15%, mortgages 3 months in arrears almost 11%. Current government doing nothing for domestic economy besides raising taxes. 60% of what you spend at the pump goes to the government. Banks not lending to SME's and now a viable company Green Star gone into receivership because banks are calling in loans quicker provided for.

Expect property taxes of €300, €500 and €1000 on average homes with no improvements just maintenance of existing substandard services and in some cases water not suitable for human consumption.

And all while many people are in negative equity, hardly able to afford to keep their homes warm or afford petrol to get to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,721 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

85% of people (about 1.8 million) at work plus some more in the black economy probably. There was over 4% unemployment even when hundreds of thousands of foreign workers were coming into the country.

Well over half of private properties have no mortgage attached at all. Of those with a mortgage 80% or more are not in trouble. So things are OK for lots of people. I tend to look on the bright side of things.

Just came across this thread and for anyone who thinks that a home in negative equity is an asset then they might read the opening post. Its long but very interesting --

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056727029

Excellent post by that person. It really does make a mockery of this assit nonsense. The default rate is 11% for 3 months. This is going to be even worse than the bank crisis. Add to that this lunacy of a property tax at this time in the worse depression since the 30's and this government is putting the final nail in Irelands coffin.

Excellent post by that person. It really does make a mockery of this assit nonsense. The default rate is 11% for 3 months. This is going to be even worse than the bank crisis. Add to that this lunacy of a property tax at this time in the worse depression since the 30's and this government is putting the final nail in Irelands coffin.

Yes and no comments from the "yes" posters yet. They seem to be mulling over it.

There maybe 1.8 million people at work but there is 2.4 million who are dependent on those 1.8 million. Either retired, unemployed, students or infants. Households have little or nothing left from their weekly budget once all their bills and food is paid for.

Of that 1.8 million 300,000+ are working in the public sector. They of course pay taxes but they are relying on the other 1.5 million to make up the balance of money required to pay their wages and pay the pensions of there former colleagues.

Exports maybe a saving grace but the domestic economy is in depression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

I hope this doesn't sully the waters for Gerry's wife if she ever wants a legit Boards account in the future.

Are you going to try and open 'clancy' to go with your 'makim'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

There maybe 1.8 million people at work but there is 2.4 million who are dependent on those 1.8 million. Either retired, unemployed, students or infants. Households have little or nothing left from their weekly budget once all their bills and food is paid for.

Of that 1.8 million 300,000+ are working in the public sector. They of course pay taxes but they are relying on the other 1.5 million to make up the balance of money required to pay their wages and pay the pensions of there former colleagues.

Exports maybe a saving grace but the domestic economy is in depression.

Pro-taxers aren't worried about the domestic economy, if you look on here most of the pro-taxers have a vested interest in having more taxes.
    A lot of them seem to be FG shills, some are PS workers and one in particular pro-taxer gets most of his business from government contracts.

This lot want more taxes because it's in their interest to make sure there's no cutbacks that affect them.

I mean seriously, who in their right mind would come onto a public forum and continually argue for more taxes???

• Advertisement

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Are you going to try and open 'clancy' to go with your 'makim'?

Like I've already told you - I have no interest in making sock puppet accounts 'Kathleen' - that's pretty much the domain of the pathetic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement