Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish property tax to cost 'on average' €1000 per house.(can you afford it?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

kr7 wrote: »
    Show me where I used the words 'sole means'?

HA HA HA HA, so you have reregistered then Gerry I didnt think that was allowed. Walked into that one, unbelievable, rofl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

donalg1 wrote: »
    Not another one!!:rolleyes:

Donal, there are only three reasons why you wouldn't think we dont pay for water through our taxes.
    You are trolling.
    You have never had to pay taxes.
    I'll leave our the third cause I don't want you to think I'm insulting you. And I don't believe it applies to you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Todays Irish daily mail page 10-theres a big story on council managers salaries worth reading-having watched the vincent browne show last night-the fg representive Marcella contradicted herself on one hand she was speaking in support of household/property taxes ,then on the other hand in the second half of the show when talking about means testing via farmland and college grants, Marcella stated she was against such a system because someone could be asset rich but income poor- well duh the very same logic applies to single homeowners someone could be asset rich but income poor, people might have paid off their off their mortgage be on low incomes or be on a pension have a house and not have sufficient income to pay a value based property tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭kr7

HA HA HA HA, so you have reregistered then Gerry I didnt think that was allowed. Walked into that one, unbelievable, rofl.

What are you talking about now?

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Donal, there are only three reasons why you wouldn't think we dont pay for water through our taxes.
    You are trolling.
    You have never had to pay taxes.
    I'll leave our the third cause I don't want you to think I'm insulting you. And I don't believe it applies to you anyway.

I want to know how KR/Gerry (same person) can know for a fact that the tax they pay directly funds the LA's Water Services. Why if this is the case are they bringing in domestic water charges, sure arent we paying for them already. Is that why they were abolished all those years ago did some bright spark realise the people were already paying for them?

I am sure some of the money some of us pay in taxes funds LA's but I cant say for absolutely certain that I have paid for the water I receive through my income tax.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about now?

I am talking about the fact that you and Gerry are the same person I thought that was clear. Go on though try deny it. Stil making me laugh my ass off though, thanks KR that was priceless.

I am talking about the fact that you and Gerry are the same person I thought that was clear. Go on though try deny it. Stil making me laugh my ass off though, thanks KR that was priceless.

I think you've been looking at that screen for too long today, you may need a break.

Show me where anyone used the words 'sole means'?

Ha ha nice editing KR however I quoted the original post showing your mistake, good lord this gets funnier by the minute

I want to know how KR/Gerry (same person) can know for a fact that the tax they pay directly funds the LA's Water Services. Why if this is the case are they bringing in domestic water charges, sure arent we paying for them already. Is that why they were abolished all those years ago did some bright spark realise the people were already paying for them?

I am sure some of the money some of us pay in taxes funds LA's but I cant say for absolutely certain that I have paid for the water I receive through my income tax.

I thought the pro side were all for the general pot of taxation. No one can say that their exact tax went on any one thing but I think it's fair to say that the people who pay the tax pay for everything, water , junkets paperclips, whatever. You must admit that?

I refer to the white text in the post you quoted from me.

You are the one that claimed the taxes you paid go directly to funding the water services you receive, you said this was fact I only asked you how you could possibly know this. So you seem to already have access to the paper trail.

You want to talk about my credibility yet you are the one that is unable to back up what you say with facts. You basically just make this stuff up dont you. Me thinks your credibility was shot to pieces long and ever ago.

I think you should read back through the last 6 or 7 pages and point out where I said my taxes go directly to funding water services that I receive...

• Advertisement

I think you've been looking at that screen for too long today, you may need a break.

Really my post where I quoted you seems to say otherwise.

I thought the pro side were all for the general pot of taxation. No one can say that their exact tax went on any one thing but I think it's fair to say that the people who pay the tax pay for everything, water , junkets paperclips, whatever. You must admit that?

KR said her tax paid directly for the water she received I said she could not possibly know this.

He's beginning to sound like some excitable teenager who thinks he's just discovered something nobody gives a fcuk about.

Deflection at it's best.

KR said her tax paid directly for the water she received I said she could not possibly know this.

Show me Donal, where on this thread I said that my taxes paid directly for the water that I receive?

Stop deflecting from the point.

I can't see it if she did.
    Nevertheless, you, me and Kr have been paying for water through our tax. In krs and my case we have been subsidizing others while also paying for our own supplies. And I'm happy to do that

I can't see it if she did.
    Nevertheless, you, me and Kr have been paying for water through our tax. In krs and my case we have been subsidizing others while also paying for our own supplies. And I'm happy to do that

That's fine then so when they introduce water charges I assume anyone paying tax already will be exempt seeing as they are paying for their water already. I only wanted kr to show me how I directly pay for the water I use.

Now I don't care as I realise kr is Gerry is a WUM

That's fine then so when they introduce water charges I assume anyone paying tax already will be exempt seeing as they are paying for their water already. I only wanted kr to show me how I directly pay for the water I use.

Now I don't care as I realise kr is Gerry is a WUM

Donal, will you show me, because I've asked you 3 times now, where I said that my taxes directly pay for my water?

It's not that hard to do, is it?

Although it is because I never said it.

Show me Donal, where on this thread I said that my taxes paid directly for the water that I receive?

Stop deflecting from the point.

Ok Gerry I'm deflecting you no doubt have edited your posts by now as you clearly did above when you blew your double account and tried to lie your way out of it then. You should've just said you made a mistake editing it and pretending you didn't say it just confirmed your guilt especially when the unedited version was there to be seen in my post.

Ok Gerry I'm deflecting you no doubt have edited your posts by now as you clearly did above when you blew your double account and tried to lie your way out of it then. You should've just said you made a mistake editing it and pretending you didn't say it just confirmed your guilt especially when the unedited version was there to be seen in my post.

:confused:

:confused:

Ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

The hard pressed taxpayers that have been getting free water for decades you mean? Do you not think that maybe they should be paying for this service?

So, what you're saying is, that all the income tax I paid every week all these years(36 yrs so far)that none of it was for water. Gosh, if I had known that, I would have asked them to divert some of it to help pay towards water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

The LA's are paying for water services at the minute KR7 and they get their funding from a number of sources so there is no way of knowing what section of their funding is paying for water services.

You are the one claiming its an absolute fact that every person in the state is paying for water services I simply asked you to show me how you came up with this and where your evidence to support this is. I await your links.

You're thinking on this is really priceless. You state that the LAs funding comes from a number of sources and there is no way of knowing what section blah, blah, blah. Well, would you believe, before you ever heard the name Troika, that all the collective taxpayers in the state paid for the water to be brought to houses. The govt. is just a means of collection and distribution of the taxes.

The links, by the way, that you are talking about, is my pay slips and all the payslips of all the taxpayers in the country. There are some things that you can't provide links for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

MonkieSocks, do you agree that the taxpayer has always paid for the water supply through general taxation?

Yes I do...................Unless there is some benevolent person out there paying all the workers who work for the councils.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

darkhorse wrote: »
    The LA's are paying for water services at the minute KR7 and they get their funding from a number of sources so there is no way of knowing what section of their funding is paying for water services.

You are the one claiming its an absolute fact that every person in the state is paying for water services I simply asked you to show me how you came up with this and where your evidence to support this is. I await your links.
    You're thinking on this is really priceless. You state that the LAs funding comes from a number of sources and there is no way of knowing what section blah, blah, blah. Well, would you believe, before you ever heard the name Troika, that all the collective taxpayers in the state paid for the water to be brought to houses. The govt. is just a means of collection and distribution of the taxes.

The links, by the way, that you are talking about, is my pay slips and all the payslips of all the taxpayers in the country. There are some things that you can't provide links for.

No sh1t sherlock, I have agreed that my taxes could and probably do pay for water services, however they dont directly pay for the water I use. My point was that we are going to be paying for water directly when they introduce charges, kr7 / Gerry claimed she/he is doing this already. Very simple really. I also said that there is no way in the world to know what aspect of the LA's services my tax has paid for. Kr7 disagreed I simply asked for proof.

darkhorse wrote: »

No sh1t sherlock, I have agreed that my taxes could and probably do pay for water services, however they dont directly pay for the water I use. My point was that we are going to be paying for water directly when they introduce charges, kr7 / Gerry claimed she/he is doing this already. Very simple really. I also said that there is no way in the world to know what aspect of the LA's services my tax has paid for. Kr7 disagreed I simply asked for proof.

You really should read through the last few pages and even try to point out where I said that my taxes paid directly for water services.

I've asked you 4 times now so stop making up lies about what I posted to suit your own mistakes.

You seem to be making things up in your mind and believing them to be true.

I deleted that post containing a typo for your benefit.

Now stop deflecting and making a fool of yourself because you really are out on your own here.

Not one of your pro-tax buddies has come on to support your ridiculous position.

BTW donal, the reason we are having this discussion about water services is this,

Originally Posted by donalg1
    The hard pressed taxpayers that have been getting free water for decades you mean? Do you not think that maybe they should be paying for this service?

Your post, your stupid mistake that you just can't/won't admit to.

You really should read through the last few pages and even try to point out where I said that my taxes paid directly for water services.

I've asked you 4 times now so stop making up lies about what I posted to suit your own mistakes.

You seem to be making things up in your mind and believing them to be true.

I deleted that post containing a typo for your benefit.

Now stop deflecting and making a fool of yourself because you really are out on your own here.

Not one of your pro-tax buddies has come on to support your ridiculous position.

Ha are you actually back here again Gerry, you deleted that post because you know it basically proves your guilty of re regging. Simple as. You claimed it was a fact that your taxes pay for your water, I cant be bothered trawling through pages of your nonsense seeing as you quite clearly have two accounts going and are trying to cover it up.

If I didnt know you were so dishonest I would waste my time going back through them.

I didnt ask you to delete that post and it didnt contain a typo as you say, if it did you would have said this originally instead you tried to cover it up by editing it and then claiming I mis read it. Now why would you do that? You simply would have said it was a typo at that stage if that was true. Keep digging though its priceless.

But just so we are clear are you gerry or kr today?

BTW donal, the reason we are having this discussion about water services is this,
    Originally Posted by donalg1

Your post, your stupid mistake that you just can't/won't admit to.

Are you claiming that you are paying for the water you use?

Ha are you actually back here again Gerry, you deleted that post because you know it basically proves your guilty of re regging. Simple as. You claimed it was a fact that your taxes pay for your water, I cant be bothered trawling through pages of your nonsense seeing as you quite clearly have two accounts going and are trying to cover it up.

If I didnt know you were so dishonest I would waste my time going back through them.

I didnt ask you to delete that post and it didnt contain a typo as you say, if it did you would have said this originally instead you tried to cover it up by editing it and then claiming I mis read it. Now why would you do that? You simply would have said it was a typo at that stage if that was true. Keep digging though its priceless.

But just so we are clear are you gerry or kr today?

Are you having a breakdown of some sort?

Posting lies about fellow posters and failing to admit to them is very childish.

Grow up will you!

• Advertisement

Are you claiming that you are paying for the water you use?

There really is no point in arguing with you anymore, you've lost the plot.

I'll leave you to your walter mitty type thinking.

Keep embarrassing yourself, it's quite funny.

LOL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement