Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 a1zz

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181108317573

Thats the GM. Why folk spending €30/€40+ on Amiko?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

a1zz wrote: »

Is there any difference between boxes, except name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Irish suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Irish suppliers

Exactly,I want to know if I have a problem I can have the box back with the retailer without much hassle

phobia2011 wrote: »

no

• Advertisement

No, STB posted pics of inards (insides) earlier, exact same.
    superg wrote: »
    Exactly,I want to know if I have a problem I can have the box back with the retailer without much hassle
    Much the same really though, ain't it?

Is Satworld cheapest Irish so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Much the same really though, ain't it Satworld cheapest Irish so?

Not for me no, I'm close to satworld so far easier to return to them then have to post it to the UK or Spain or wherever.

They're the cheapest I've seen in Ireland but nutzz has clearly seem cheaper.

Only offering 6 months warranty, by law they must offer a yr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Only offering 6 months warranty, by law they must offer a yr

6 months is a strange one alright :confused:

Knowing ebay though the seller wont want to hear about it after it's sold anyway has happened to me twice now !

That seller is sat-planet, they have their own website with the same info and warranty. Says the warranty is their 6 month one or the manufacturers warranty, whichever is longer.

superg wrote: »
    That seller is sat-planet, they have their own website with the same info and warranty. Says the warranty is their 6 month one or the manufacturers warranty, whichever is longer.

Consumer law states a minimum of 12 months. Your initial contract is with the place you buy it from, you must deal with them in the first year if it breaks. After that, European law states manufacturers must stand by their product for 2 yrs in the EU.

Yeah I know, I've been to the small claims court over faulty goods in the past!

I wouldn't be buying from that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Apogee

Am I right in saying the HDMU image does not support playback of .wmv files on this box?
    Have placed them on the drive, but not showing up on Media Centre (.avi, .mp4 etc OK)

If not, which file format would be best for conversion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Can I get more info on how the AA2T streams out to other devices on the same Network.

Is there an app needed on the receiving end?

Is it only available in Spark or E2 also?

Can you only view what is on the main screen (eg TV) and channel changing on the TV will change channel on the stream receiving device?
    or
    Just like recording on one channel and watching another you can stream out one tuner whilst also watching different channels on the TV?

Leiva wrote: »
    Can I get more info on how the AA2T streams out to other devices on the same Network.

Is there an app needed on the receiving end?

Is it only available in Spark or E2 also?

Can you only view what is on the main screen (eg TV) and channel changing on the TV will change channel on the stream receiving device?
    or
    Just like recording on one channel and watching another you can stream out one tuner whilst also watching different channels on the TV?

The box has 3x tuners so you use all 3 together to watch/record/stream at the same time. In Enigma you have web login, you can login and control the box from any browser and click to download a stream, you then open this downloaded .m3u stream file with VLC. It starts using another tuner so you can be streaming a completely different channel than what's displaying on the box. There's a DreamDroid Android app that does the same on phones and tablets. The same happens on these, when you click stream you set it to open with the VLC app. You will need a very decent wireless setup to stream HD, it's 22-25mbit continuous bandwidth, whereas SD is only about 3mbit

Jeez talk about been totally converted in one foul swoop.:pac:

All iDevices I have now look to have their days numbered.

I am itching now to get into this new house and install all cable and hardware and get configuring.

between Linux boxes, Rpi's, Linux servers, and now looks like my iPhone is history as I move over to the Android side of things - then the conversion is well and truly underway:D

might be a good time to cash in on my jail broken ATV2.

I am itching now to get into this new house and install all cable and hardware and get configuring.

between Linux boxes, Rpi's, Linux servers, and now looks like my iPhone is history as I move over to the Android side of things - then the conversion is well and truly underway:D

might be a good time to cash in on my jail broken ATV2.

Just remember, it's a full time job keeping up to date with everything :D

There are Enigma apps for Apple devices also
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/dreamote-lite/id420498819?mt=8

Just remember, it's a full time job keeping up to date with everything :D

and expensive, don't forget expensive! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

As Pog has said, you can stream to the iPhone no problem so lets not be too hasty on ditching iOS for Android! :P

NUTZZ wrote: »
    As Pog has said, you can stream to the iPhone no problem so lets not be too hasty on ditching iOS for Android! :P

I said there's a remote app for the iPhone, I never said you could stream to it. Maybe it does, but knowing Apples track record it's most likely crippled or raping your wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I said there's a remote app for the iPhone, I never said you could stream to it. Maybe it does, but knowing Apples track record it's most likely crippled or raping your wallet

I misread your post, but you can stream to the iPhone, I use it myself nearly everyday! DreamDroid and VPlayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Dreambox live €6.99
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/dreambox-live/id416450962?mt=8

I paid once, and works on my ipad and iphone. Good for going to the bog when the games on ;)
    It only does SD, the HD channels don't show up in the bouquets.

I haven't tried it on this box, but it works on other E2 boxes.

I've just realised after I download and set channel numbers in Autobouquets to match Sky channel numbers and then open the bouquets with DreamboxEdit it renumbers them differently when they are set back to the box. DBE doesn't keep the placeholders. So I end up with RTE1 on channel 76 instead of 101 to match Sky. Need to run Autobouquets once again after.

Also, I've encountered the same CrossEPG bug in the newer images also. From my guide:
    CrossEPG
    You will find CrossEPG in the plugins download section. I find that it works fine with OpenTV enabled for the 28.2 satellite but there is a bug I listed in an earlier post, once configured to store on the drive we added above don't open configure again or it will change the path to local flash and cause the box to get laggy. I've it set to download daily at 9.00AM which works fine as long as you don't open configure. You can check that it's set correctly by viewing the crossepg.config in /var/crossepg/, the first line should read db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg

I've made my crossepg.config file read only. If CrossEPG saves to internal flash it causes pixelation of the picture and laggyness. It must be saving to the hdd

thanks for the tutorial, im nearly there i think, autobouquets currently downloading,

must i have storage attached to use the epg settings?

also, where do i find alternative boot up image?

TIA

thanks for the tutorial, im nearly there i think, autobouquets currently downloading,

must i have storage attached to use the epg settings?

also, where do i find alternative boot up image?

TIA

Yes, use a usb key if you have no hard drive. You don't want crossepg saving to local flash.

You will find boot images in plugins when you press green.

struggling to mount usb stick, - "no such device or address while trying to determine filesystem type"

mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1
    cd /autofs/sda1
    mkdir movie

is there anything in this command thats unique to each person?

TIA

struggling to mount usb stick, - "no such device or address while trying to determine filesystem type"

mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1
    cd /autofs/sda1
    mkdir movie

is there anything in this command thats unique to each person?

TIA

Have you another brand usb key?

• Advertisement

that did the trick,

what settings do i need to change on crossepg, have it saving to disk,

its showing schedule download disabled, do i change that to 9.00 am or can it be anytime ?

Thanks again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement