Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

With regard to the remote, can an alternative remote be used or would a magic eye or the like help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

phobia2011 wrote: »
    With regard to the remote, can an alternative remote be used or would a magic eye or the like help!

No chance. Amiko do another box called the HDMini, it comes with an IR receiver (eye) as it's a tiny sat box that sticks to the back of the TV. I have one in the kitchen. There is no way to connect this IR eye to the Alien2, it does not have the connector socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Zardoz

What button on the remote brings up recorded programmes ?
    Do u have to press menu /HDMU Media Player /My videos or is there a shortcut without using Multiquickbutton?

Zardoz wrote: »
    What button on the remote brings up recorded programmes ?
    Do u have to press menu /HDMU Media Player /My videos or is there a shortcut without using Multiquickbutton?

Play

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Play
    Thanks ,handy .

• Advertisement

So can anything be done about sensor on box?

So can anything be done about sensor on box?

Don't think so.

I have found out elsewhere how to make an installable backup of Enigma2 in flashable e2jffs2.img and uimage enigma files. You can do it in Spark with a different Enigma2 update plugin available here. Reboot to Spark, install the plugins (read readme) and reboot, then when you run this one you have an option to either install or backup Enigma2 by pressing green.

Don't think so.

I have found out elsewhere how to make an installable backup of Enigma2 in flashable e2jffs2.img and uimage enigma files. You can do it in Spark with a different Enigma2 update plugin available here. Reboot to Spark, install the plugins (read readme) and reboot, then when you run this one you have an option to either install or backup Enigma2 by pressing green.
    Nice one,thats a very handy function.
    I use Tspanel to backup my images on Dreamboxes,great for trying out new images .

how do i turn off audio description? channels are being narrated over?

how do i turn off audio description? channels are being narrated over?

Press yellow and select the other audio. There is also options in menu-->system->auto language selection, set it to English

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Has anyone one tried a different remote with these or is it defo the sensor thats crap?

The Logitech Harmony remotes work with the Alien 2 according to their website.

I got a Harmony today and it works much better the the standard remotes on most of my AV equipment

superg wrote: »
    Has anyone one tried a different remote with these or is it defo the sensor thats crap?

The Logitech Harmony remotes work with the Alien 2 according to their website.

I got a Harmony today and it works much better the the standard remotes on most of my AV equipment

Which harmony did you buy? Been thinking about investing in one

Which harmony did you buy? Been thinking about investing in one

I got a Harmony 300 on Amazon for 28 quid delivered. It's very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

superg wrote: »
    I got a Harmony 300 on Amazon for 28 quid delivered. It's very good.

Very good with this box or just in general?

In general. I don't have this box yet. Some of my original remotes are piss poor with their device's but this one is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭mustang68

I have a harmony 895 and it works fine, however, the ir receiver on the box is terrible, it is the only equipment I have that I have to face the harmony directly at.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lafpat

The Clock on the front LCD is showing the wrong time but cooltv guide on epg is showing the correct time, where can I change the LCD Clock in setup have tried but cannot find it.

lafpat wrote: »
    The Clock on the front LCD is showing the wrong time but cooltv guide on epg is showing the correct time, where can I change the LCD Clock in setup have tried but cannot find it.

You set the time in menu-->setup-->system-->Time zone but most likely you just need a cold boot since the time change. I've already reported this issue here if you'd been following

Yes I have been following your thread about this, but when I go into Setup/Timezone all it says is Timezone but no other way to change hours minutes etc.

Yes I have been following your thread about this, but when I go into Setup/Timezone all it says is Timezone but no other way to change hours minutes etc.

Did you do a cold boot? This info is pulled in from the satellite

• Advertisement

Yes did cold reboot and LCD screen display is showing 00.03 at the moment

Yes did cold reboot and LCD screen display is showing 00.03 at the moment

Are you connected to the net, if you're not, connect it as it could be using ntp to update time.

Yes connected to net with ethernet cable

Yes connected to net with ethernet cable

Hmm, I'm sure i saw clock options somewhere in the settings, I'll have a check when i get back home

Thanks for that, still is the best Box out there at the moment very impressed with what this can do and picture quality is second to none

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭stanley1

yes, have to agree, picture quality is top notch.

Thanks for that, still is the best Box out there at the moment very impressed with what this can do and picture quality is second to none

In HDMU Centre-->VFD control you can turn off the clock in standby, try turning it off, rebooting then enabling it again. If that fails telnet in and run date -s YYYY.MM.DD-hh:mm:ss

Will try what you said but one question how to I run date -s YYYY.MM.DD-hh:mm:ss

Will try what you said but one question how to I run date -s YYYY.MM.DD-hh:mm:ss

Use putty to telnet into the box

• Advertisement

Ok ran telnet and typed in date do I reboot box for date to come up on LCD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement