Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mcbod

bappelbe wrote: »
    Just had a thought, you are only checking "favourites" when looking at bouquets?

ie when watching a channel, press "OK" on the remote then press the blue button (marked "Favourites") to bring up the list of bouquets.
    There are other options (I think Service and all are there names) which bring up all sorts of channels - most of which are encrypted

I got all those bouquets
    But I found that they:
    1 Had many gaps in them, i.e. a channel entry with no name
    2 Vast majority were encrypted
    3 Had lots of duplication
    4 Included ONE FTA only bouquet that also suffered from 1 and 3

So in the end I just walked through the FTA bouquet and grabbed all interesting channels from it into my manual Favourites bouquet and then stuck to that (in which I also found I could not re-order channels)

I'll try playing with Auto Bouquet parameters later and see if I can do any better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Hi lads, my alien just arrived, where can I see its the t2 model which is what I paid for? I can't wait to get started!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Hi lads, my alien just arrived, where can I see its the t2 model which is what I paid for? I can't wait to get started!

Is there not a little box ticked on the front of the actual box to indicate its T2?

NUTZZ wrote: »

Is there not a little box ticked on the front of the actual box to indicate its T2?

is dvb-c T2

see image

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mcbod

Looks like DVB-T to me - Not DVB-T2
    But also supports DVB-C which is for cable signals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

mcbod wrote: »
    As a result I found that it was best for me to use the Autobouquets as an aid in producing my own Favourites Bouquet
    However:
    1) I cannot seem to order channels in a manually created bouquet
    2) I BELIEVE that if I rerun Autobouquets it might delete my manually defined Favourites bouquet?

I've had the same experience with Autobouquets. It was a big time saver for doing an initial setup, but I used DreamboxEdit to refine my bouquets. Pog uploaded it in the firmware thread. You can also use the web interface to re-order channels manually, but the advantage of DreamboxEdit is that it creates a backup of all channels/bouquets on your PC. You can then mess around with Autobouquets and if it all goes to hell, you can upload the backup to the receiver and you'll be back to where you were after manual editing.

I've hit a brick wall with Autobouquets though. No matter what custom channel options I try, it still overwrites my custom bouquets and replaces them with Sky bouquets, although it leaves some of my customisations intact (i.e. +1 channels below their 'parent' channels).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

dr_funk wrote: »
    I've had the same experience with Autobouquets. It was a big time saver for doing an initial setup, but I used DreamboxEdit to refine my bouquets. Pog uploaded it in the firmware thread. You can also use the web interface to re-order channels manually, but the advantage of DreamboxEdit is that it creates a backup of all channels/bouquets on your PC. You can then mess around with Autobouquets and if it all goes to hell, you can upload the backup to the receiver and you'll be back to where you were after manual editing.

I've hit a brick wall with Autobouquets though. No matter what custom channel options I try, it still overwrites my custom bouquets and replaces them with Sky bouquets, although it leaves some of my customisations intact (i.e. +1 channels below their 'parent' channels).

I have a manually created TV favourites and a Saorview bouquet that Autobouquets never touches. By any chance are you putting these custom bouquets at the beginning of the list? Put them at the end and see does it edit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

dr_funk wrote: »

You cannot create bouquets with Autobouquets and lift them with dreamboxedit, edit them, return them to the receiver and hope that autobouquets will not edit them. Because Autobouquets origonally created these, it will always edit them. If you want to create bouquets that you do not want edited by Autobouquets, you will have to manually create them yourself. Any bouquets 100% manually created by yourself will not be edited by autobouquets.

Of course if you wish to reorder channels in Autobouquets, just use the custom text file in extensions/autobouquets. I have set autobouquets to run every night at 4am and have channels reordered by using custum text file and these are never overwitten or replaced with sky's channel order.

Put your saorview and favourite channels in favourite bouquet and position this at top. All should work fine.

Its best to delete first bouquet created by autobouquet. This has the effect of putting your first channel at position 1 not 101.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

is dvb-c T2

see image

Thats the older T model, if you can scan the BBC channels you will see that it doesn't do the HD ones.

should look like this, apologies for quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

is dvb-c T2

see image

Where did you buy it? Looks like you've been had there.

superg wrote: »

It was probably old stock lying around unfortunately.

The T2 tuner only makes a difference if you live near the border or on the east coast and can get Freeview terrestrial from Wales. It was included in Saorview specs in Jan (only to be the same as the UK), but the chance of RTE using it in the next 5 years is very slim, they are broke, they've just rolled out one multiplex and have a second one running for testing, they do not need more space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It was probably old stock lying around unfortunately.

If he has paid for the dearer model, and has been had (which I have no idea if he has, or not) then he should name and shame.

Leiva wrote: »
    If he has paid for the dearer model, and has been had (which I have no idea if he has, or not) then he should name and shame.

It's a direct replacement for the old model, I don't think there's a difference in price.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    It's a direct replacement for the old model, I don't think there's a difference in price.

Both models are available and there is nearly a €30 difference in price.

Both models are available and there is nearly a €30 difference in price.

From the same store? There shouldn't be more than a few quid depending on the quantity they buy. There is a dual tuner version, you sure that's not the cheaper one.

Hi again,

Contacted supplier, and he's sending the newer model tomorrow, their mistake :rolleyes:

i'll have to keep waiting, real anti climax:(

paid about €10 more for newer model,

in waterford, doubt i'll get freeview channels anyway but seen as i paid for it!

Satworld charging €20 euro extra for the T2 model.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    From the same store? There shouldn't be more than a few quid depending on the quantity they buy. There is a dual tuner version, you sure that's not the cheaper one.

I got the T2 version for my sister from a guy in donegal, I was looking at the other versions for myself, I don't have an aerial so was looking for just the twin, the guy doesn't have them so been looking at prices from the UK for the different models work out at:
    €223 for T2 version
    €200 for T version
    €175 for just the twin tuner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Satworld charging €20 euro extra for the T2 model.

So they got their act together. They only had the T model about 2 weeks ago

215 for the T2 and 195 for the T here in Dublin.

I'll get the T2 I think..

I got the T2 version for my sister from a guy in donegal, I was looking at the other versions for myself, I don't have an aerial so was looking for just the twin, the guy doesn't have them so been looking at prices from the UK for the different models work out at:
    €223 for T2 version
    €200 for T version
    €175 for just the twin tuner.

I paid €170 for my T2 Triple Tuner in a local satellite store.

championc wrote: »
    So they got their act together. They only had the T model about 2 weeks ago

Yeah I've been holding off buying cos I figured they might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 a1zz

€169 for Golden Media T2 on Ebay delivered.

How you guys connecting these to net?

a1zz wrote: »
    €169 for Golden Media T2 on Ebay delivered.

Vonets Wifi Bridge

I paid €170 for my T2 Triple Tuner in a local satellite store.

I got the T2 triple for €200 collected in Donegal, Can you pm your supplier?

a1zz wrote: »

homeplugs for me

Whats with all the PM'ing,are we not allowed discuss sellers here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 a1zz

Whats with all the PM'ing,are we not allowed discuss sellers here?
    +1

:confused::confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement