Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

lafpat wrote: »
    Ok ran telnet and typed in date do I reboot box for date to come up on LCD

Try it, I'm out of ides at this stage.

Did you try disabling and re-enabling the VFD setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Is there a way to lower the video quality when streaming to a laptop/PC? I'm having a few buffering issues so would like to lower the bit rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lafpat

Will try it later have a recording going at the moment let you know if it works thanks again for all your expertise on this Box, your a Legend in my eyes for all the guides you have posted up. Regards

Digidol wrote: »
    Is there a way to lower the video quality when streaming to a laptop/PC? I'm having a few buffering issues so would like to lower the bit rate.

No, but I've measured it, HD will be 22-30mbit, SD is only 3mbit. You'll need a very decent "N" wireless router (plus decent card in receiving device and a decent signal) to maintain HD. SD should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

...thanks again for all your expertise on this Box, your a Legend in my eyes for all the guides you have posted up. Regards

+1 on that Pog, your hard work is greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

once i have downloaded coolepg from plugins, do i then ftp the download from the firmware thread, epg not really working for me,

TIA

phobia2011 wrote: »
    once i have downloaded coolepg from plugins, do i then ftp the download from the firmware thread, epg not really working for me,

TIA

Coolepg? Crossepg you mean, it's in plugins when you press green, no need to FTP at all.

meant to say cool tv guide, does the version on the firmware thread need to be downloaded to root of box?

meant to say cool tv guide, does the version on the firmware thread need to be downloaded to root of box?

No, the one in plugins in the latest HDMU is the same.

mine seems to mostly be blank, sometimes fta channels are populated but other channels are blank?

• Advertisement

mine seems to mostly be blank, sometimes fta channels are populated but other channels are blank?

It only displays epg, have you crossepg setup to pull down the epg every day? Without it you'll only get now and next for the channels on the same transponder on the satellite. This is covered in the guide if you followed it, take note, there is a bug if you don't follow it

i thought i did, i cant really click on crossepg config again, the bug issue you refered to, if i click download now, still blank?

i thought i did, i cant really click on crossepg config again, the bug issue you refered to, if i click download now, still blank?

Then is not set up right, check where the config is saving and set it to opentv 28.2. Clicking download now and then reload should give you 7 days for every single channel

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    set it to opentv 28.2

how do i do this?

how do i do this?

Menu-->setup-->cross epg - - >open tv-->enable 28.2. Just don't open configure, check using ftp that the path is right

Still not able to get the proper date on LCD tried all of Pogs suggestions no luck however

Still not able to get the proper date on LCD tried all of Pogs suggestions no luck however

You're probably going to need a re-flash to fix that one

Yes I will do it eventually, have the box really working fast at the moment but it is not the latest HDMU image installed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

Does anyone else notice a serious lag changing saorview channels? I have my tuner set up as Pogmothoin suggests in his guide. Is there any fix for it? I have all my channels in the one cooltv bouquet.

And one other things - I notice Pog's picon pack is no longer available at the dropbox address. Anyone know where I could find it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

T0MMY wrote: »
    Does anyone else notice a serious lag changing saorview channels? I have my tuner set up as Pogmothoin suggests in his guide. Is there any fix for it? I have all my channels in the one cooltv bouquet.

And one other things - I notice Pog's picon pack is no longer available at the dropbox address. Anyone know where I could find it?

Cheers

I have not noticed any lag on saorview - I am using a T2 version of the machine.

For the picon pack try the firmware thread - he placed an updated version there

Bill

• Advertisement

bappelbe wrote: »
    I have not noticed any lag on saorview - I am using a T2 version of the machine.

For the picon pack try the firmware thread - he placed an updated version there

Bill

Yes, I have lag on terrestrial channels when I first click them,it pulls down the EPG. It gets better after that but is never as snappy as the satellite tuner. I have RTE through satellite so am not bothered, I only use it as a backup. I got the T1 tuner btw.

New updated picon pack in the firmware thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83942146&postcount=15

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are you using the PLI HD skin or the default HDMU skin ?
    From my testing ,there is a lag using the PLI HD skin but none using the default skin .I noticed no lag using Modern Pli skin either.

Just downloaded those thanks.
    I was using poxy Spark till I came across your HDMU guide. I owe you!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

Hi all, I seem to "lose" channels on the TV after a few minutes of streaming or recording, anybody else seeing this? I have a GM Triplex re-flashed on HDMU image from about a week ago, but this has been happening from the start.

If I start streaming a channel on my laptop, after a few minutes all channels on that tuner (Terr or Sat) are gone from the TV - The channels are still in the list but I get a black screen when zapping to them, and the only way to get them back is to reboot the device (restarting enigma is not enough)

Also a few days ago I had a timer set for "The Field" on RTE (Terrestrial) at 11.30pm. I was watching some other program on BBC (Sat), and a few minutes after the recording started, I lost all my satellite channels, I had to reboot to get them back (after the recording was over)

Has anybody experienced anything like this, and if so, what could be causing it?

Thanks

cool_cat wrote: »
    Hi all, I seem to "lose" channels on the TV after a few minutes of streaming or recording, anybody else seeing this? I have a GM Triplex re-flashed on HDMU image from about a week ago, but this has been happening from the start.

If I start streaming a channel on my laptop, after a few minutes all channels on that tuner (Terr or Sat) are gone from the TV - The channels are still in the list but I get a black screen when zapping to them, and the only way to get them back is to reboot the device (restarting enigma is not enough)

Also a few days ago I had a timer set for "The Field" on RTE (Terrestrial) at 11.30pm. I was watching some other program on BBC (Sat), and a few minutes after the recording started, I lost all my satellite channels, I had to reboot to get them back (after the recording was over)

Has anybody experienced anything like this, and if so, what could be causing it?

Thanks

Sounds like you don't have the tuners setup right. Tuner B needs to be set as in this image, tuner C set as equal to Tuner B in tuner configuration. The preferred tuner also need to be set to auto in menu-->setup-->system-->customise.

2012-12-31165729_zps6d5eb03f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

Sounds like you don't have the tuners setup right. Tuner B needs to be set as in this image, tuner C set as equal to Tuner B in tuner configuration. The preferred tuner also need to be set to auto in menu-->setup-->system-->customise.

Thanks for suggestion, will check this evening. I hope that's it as it is very frustrating! Will let you know.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Are you using the PLI HD skin or the default HDMU skin ?
    From my testing ,there is a lag using the PLI HD skin but none using the default skin .I noticed no lag using Modern Pli skin either.

Yes I'm using PLI HD because it is prettiest. I will check out Modern Pli this evening. Default is too ugly to contemplate.

Is it my imagination or does PLI HD come with crossepg and cooltv pre installed, because I have both and I never installed either.

Thanks.

Yes I'm using PLI HD because it is prettiest. I will check out Modern Pli this evening. Default is too ugly to contemplate.

Is it my imagination or does PLI HD come with crossepg and cooltv pre installed, because I have both and I never installed either.

Thanks.

PLI HD is a skin, crossepg and cooltvguide are plugins, if they're installed they will be usable in any skin

PLI HD is a skin, crossepg and cooltvguide are plugins, if they're installed they will be usable in any skin

I thought so, but it's the second time I've loaded PLI HD on different versions of HDMU, and both times when I select the Graphical Interface it looks identical to cooltv (but with no mention of cooltv anywhere) and has 8 day epg.

Presumably when you load a new version of HDMU it wipes cooltv and crossepg plugins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks.
    Default is fairly ugly allright but its more stable .I noticed PLI HD causes Media Player to crash too due to a skin error .

PLI HD is nice but I dont like the way the channel listings are on the right of the screen when you bring up a bouquet,I prefer it to be on the left as with most other skins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement