Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

stanley1 wrote: »
    trying to telnet into GM triplex, anyone have login/password, i have tried root/root but no luck so far.

Thanks

Have you flashed E2 firmware on it? Try root/HDMU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

yep, many thanks, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So popped over to parents with box again, went through their router to make sure it was emulating mine, all good bar the UPNP was activated on theirs switched it off and it hasnt picture is no longer freezing every 5 minutes. left it running for further 20 and all good.

Suffice to say i think the issue is sorted. Router must have been dynamically mapping ports cant really explain it but routers can do some funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

So it's been about a week since I got my Alien 2 Triple, after some initial "what the f**k have I gotten myself into" moments, I finally have it set up the way I want! I have my Saorview and satellite channels tuned in and organized in the bouquets I want, have CrossEPG setup and loading after restarts, have RTE Player and various other plugins set up and working!

Big thanks to Pog and the others on here who have helped and provided tutorials!

Only thing I have left to do now really is organize my hard drive. I have my 1TB hard drive from Ariva 120 (NTFS) and I want to use that, I know I have to format it to Ext3 for optimum performance with the Alien but I have a lot of stuff recorded on it from the Ariva that I don't want to lose and would like to keep on it ideally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Those of you who are not overly impressed with the user interface of HDMU image can i suggest the following:

My personal preference is using the interface of Pli.

Go to menu/plugins/press green/select skins/download "BlackmodernPli"

Then go to Menu/Setup/System/Skins and select "BlackmodernPli" as your skin.

I find this interface much easier to use.

You can revert to default HDMU skin by going to Menu/Setup/System/Skins and select HDMU Default skin as your skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

givecredit wrote: »
    Those of you who are not overly impressed with the user interface of HDMU image can i suggest the following:

My personal preference is using the interface of Pli.

Go to menu/plugins/press green/select skins/download "BlackmodernPli"

Then go to Menu/Setup/System/Skins and select "BlackmodernPli" as your skin.

I find this interface much easier to use.

You can revert to default HDMU skin by going to Menu/Setup/System/Skins and select HDMU Default skin as your skin.

Is it much nicer than PLiHD? I've considered trying different skins but haven't tried yet.

On a side-note, I think it's you who is quite active on linux sat, do you happen to know if anyone is porting the bbciplayer plugin that works on the vix image to HDMU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It is PLI HD, I've installed it and it gives the error that it is already installed

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    It is PLI HD, I've installed it and it gives the error that it is already installed

Makes sense, as Pli HD is 'black' and 'modern'. I haven't changed from PliHD because I think it's slick.

I'd like to see better screenshots of the other skins - is there anywhere that has them?

As far as i am aware its the same as PLI HD.

Much nicer than HDMU default skin imo.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    On a side-note, I think it's you who is quite active on linux sat, do you happen to know if anyone is porting the bbciplayer plugin that works on the vix image to HDMU?

That's me alright. Not that i am aware off. But im sure someone is having a try. I tried installing the devixed ipk but ended up having to reflash the box.

I have asked if someone could tweek the new Autobouquets to work on Amiko.

• Advertisement

When I press record on remote control I get onscreen message " no hdd found/ initialise, when I go to initialise all I get is "timeout error", I have usb stick in rear of box, there are 2 folders on it, movies and crossepg, stick is formatted ex3.

thanks

When I press record on remote control I get onscreen message " no hdd found/ initialise, when I go to initialise all I get is "timeout error", I have usb stick in rear of box, there are 2 folders on it, movies and crossepg, stick is formatted ex3.

thanks

Where is it mounted? Did you set the path to record Menu-->Setup-->System-->Recording paths. Set it to where your drive is mounted like /media/hdd/movie/

thanks

These instructions from PogMoThoin posted earlier in thread worked perfectly for me:

Plug in an NTFS or FAT32 formatted usb drive or key then Telnet into the box using Putty and run the following commands to format it to ext3 and mount it:
    mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1
    cd /autofs/sda1
    mkdir movie

using telnet, I get the following message.

"No such device or address while trying to determine filesystem size", really stuck on this, can't see a method to change path.

default movie location /hdd/movie/

timeshift location /media/hdd/

using telnet, I get the following message.

"No such device or address while trying to determine filesystem size", really stuck on this, can't see a method to change path.

default movie location /hdd/movie/

timeshift location /media/hdd/

Format the drive again then unmount via telnet and remount.
    umount /dev/sda1

Worked for me. Thanks again pog.

format ex3 or fat32

format ex3 or fat32

I just did fat32, the mount script formats the drive to ext3 as far as I'm aware.

Unmount it, format it to fat32 on your pc then use telnet to format to ext3 and mount it on the box

Thanks one and all, up and running now.

Stan

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

Hi - A general question on this device , do the terrestrial stations appear with the satellite stations on the same screen when scrolling? Would be ideal if this was the case - Thanks

• Advertisement

dunleas wrote: »
    Hi - A general question on this device , do the terrestrial stations appear with the satellite stations on the same screen when scrolling? Would be ideal if this was the case - Thanks

Yep you can arrange for them to be on the same list.

On a different topic, can I format my hard drive to FAT32 or ExFat for recording or do I have to format it to Ext3?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

Digidol wrote: »

Thanks Digidol

On a different topic, can I format my hard drive to FAT32 or ExFat for recording or do I have to format it to Ext3?

ExFat is a Microsoft format, no linux OS or sat box will be able to read it as you must pay M$ to use it. The box works best with Ext3, but you will need to install software if you want to read Ext3 in Windows

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

Ok guys I've been playing with this for the weekend and have got most things working, everything clearing as it should be. The only thing I'm having problems with is AutoBouquets, when I try to run the plugin I keep getting;

The file is there though in that exact location when I FTP in and the permission is set to 755. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

screenshot01o.jpg

I have the exact same issue as above, it doesn't look like the question was answered - any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: It turns out the issue was with the Filezilla FTP client I was using to modify the permissions, had to modify the permission via telnet chmod command, not via the FTP client's ui - then it worked

plug in for hddmanager working on HDMU

mounts hardrive
    does swap
    and set correctpath to media/hdd

extract file then ftp hddmanager

to

user/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions

then reboot

Is the BBC iplayer working on E2 HDMU image, don't want to chance it as it might lead to a reflash.

Thanks

Is the BBC iplayer working on E2 HDMU image, don't want to chance it as it might lead to a reflash.

Thanks

No, Not working. And yes, it does lead to a reflash....

Does anyone else experience volume issue on channels on E2 HDMU? When I switch between channels the volume is jumping up and down and is really annoying. I've played around with the Volume Adjustment settings in Setup but it doesn't some to help?

Also on some channels it seems to select the wrong audio track and picks the one with narration for visually impaired people?

Does anyone else experience volume issue on channels on HDMU? When I switch between channels the volume is jumping up and down and is really annoying. I've played around with the Volume Adjustment settings in Setup but it doesn't some to help?

Also on some channels it seems to select the wrong audio track and picks the one with narration for visually impaired people?

Have you auto volume adjustment on or off. I don't use HDMI audio at all so I can't really help other than that.

On the channel press yellow and set it to English. You may also need to adjust that in auto language selection, set audio language to English.

• Advertisement

Have you auto volume adjustment on or off. I don't use HDMI audio at all so I can't really help other than that.

On the channel press yellow and set it to English. You may also need to adjust that in auto language selection, set audio language to English.

Thanks, I'll have a try again tonight when I'm home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement